• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Fuck GTAV and next gen. Retro gaming ftw, baby!

So I picked up Omega cMVS and a bootleg 161-in-1 cartridge. So much fun.

9gza.jpg

u6rj.jpg

Nice, that is a gorgeous machine!

Mbrill82

The laptop is old (2 years+) everything else is new

Small laptop desk from Walmart.com for $45 shipped
Audioengine A2's, got 'em from a local official reseller (Ovation in Indianapolis) Only $175 new and I still get the 3-year warranty, plus I hate waiting for stuff to ship haha
Nexus 7 2013 32gb and MoKo slim case
aaaaaaaannnnd the obligatory GTA V

HardRojo

Seems like Puppeteer and GTA V are the must haves of this month, I'm getting a Vita though so I'll have to hold off on getting them for a while :(

The laptop is old (2 years+) everything else is new

Small laptop desk from Walmart.com for $45 shipped
Audioengine A2's, got 'em from a local official reseller (Ovation in Indianapolis) Only $175 new and I still get the 3-year warranty, plus I hate waiting for stuff to ship haha
Nexus 7 2013 32gb and MoKo slim case
aaaaaaaannnnd the obligatory GTA V

Enjoy the speakers man, they're freaking amazing for their size. Replaced a 2.1 Logitech set for me.

Mbrill82

Enjoy the speakers man, they're freaking amazing for their size. Replaced a 2.1 Logitech set for me.

Oh I am enjoying them, and you're right about them being amazing for their size. I first saw a pic of the A2's in last months pick up thread (yours?) and after doing some research I knew I had to have 'em, they replaced Logitech speakers for me as well

I was big into hi-fi stereo stuff 10+ years ago but have long since sold all my gear (living in apartments was the main reason). I'm afraid these little beauties are gonna be my ticket back down that particular rabbit hole haha. I'm already planning my next purchase (2 nice floor-standers and an amp and probably a sub for my TV setup, and a USB DAC for the laptop plus some nice headphones and an amp for when the Missus is sleeping).

Picked up Wind Waker today morning. It's sitting next to me at work. I so want to unbox it right now and start playing at my desk. But our monitors only have vga.
Also I don't want to lose my job lol

Cr0wn0

Jealous of all the 5S, my local store is having computer problems so they cant sell any of them until they are resolved. Just waiting for the call at this point.

dubq

It wasn't a great ending season, IMO, but since I am a completionist I was about to add Weeds Season 8 to this list.. unfortunately BestBuy (for the third time) has sent me the DVD version instead of the BRD version.

4kCNB84.png

The Little Mermaid (German Blu-ray)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Limited Edition (US PlayStation 3)

bDG90oY.jpg

Grand Theft Auto V Collector's Edition (UK Xbox360)

And the best pick-up this month:
jxussKc.png

Muffins from the sweetest girl ever.

Rayman Legends for my birthday party :D

rayman_legends_by_digi_matrix-d6n6gsf.jpg

65daysofstatic "Wild Light", Tekkonkinkreet, Boards of Canada "Music has the right to Children"

tekkonkinkreet_by_digi_matrix-d6n6gsk.jpg

Gameboy415

1309-Movies2_zpsfebad04d.jpg

-Got all of these cheap on Amazon.
I'd only seen F&F 1 and 2 back in the day - the other sequels were even better! :D

1309-Movies3_zps80ab666c.jpg

1309-Movies4_zpsaa0b18dc.jpg

-I stocked up on Tales from the Crypt seasons/movies to watch during October. :)

1309-Movies5_zps73a5b51d.jpg

-I now have all the Disney cartoon season sets available - hopefully they'll release the final parts of more of these shows via DMC like they did for Gargoyles & TaleSpin!

1309-Movies6_zps7ee68826.jpg

-I got these from Amazon too - a bit miffed they didn't include a slipcover for Oz, but I'm sure I can track one down somewhere..

1309-Games3_zpsd9a7e055.jpg

-I was lucky to get a pristine replacement copy of Kingdom Hearts from Amazon after the original copy they sent me was COMPLETELY smashed when it arrived. :)
I already had a digital copy of PSABR, but the retail copy was only $10 and now I can free up half of my (4GB) memory card for other games. :)

1309-Games4_zps56a2de85.jpg

-All 3 games were half-off @ Gamestop. :)
I'd never seen a PS Move Racing Wheel in-store so I decided to pick it up on a whim - it works great w/Motostorm Apocalypse! :D

9855999916_9c72b930d0_c.jpg

Killzone Mercenary - Bought it digitally, never thought I would do that with a full priced game, but my hard copy pre-order would be 4 days late, so decided to cancel that and download the digital version. I don't regret it one bit either, Sony/GC will get more money and I'm able to switch between NFS: Most Wanted (on card) and this instantly. Love the MP for that shorter burst competitive itch and the SP is great as well.

Also pictured is a new bumper for my 4S and iOS7. What you can't see is that I had my battery replaced, which was quite necessary after two full years of daily charging. Feels like a completely new phone, and I think I'm going to hold on to it for another two years, still the best looking iPhone and does everything I want it to and without any issues, so far, at that.

9856612794_892f9b2805_c.jpg

Bear 852 trucks for my recently aquired Landyachtz longboard deck. Still have the stock bushing in them, might experiment with those a little later.

9856601444_5b47634239_c.jpg

Zombie Hawgs wheels, 78mm. Love 'em. The Bones Reds bearings are hard to see, but also new.

9856666746_74a7acc7e5_c.jpg

GTAV and a little some extra to make it even more enjoyable :D. As expected GTAV doesn't throw TLoU off of my personal GOTY throne, but holy shit is it an awesome, awesome game. Finally the HD GTA I've been waiting for all these years. Didn't expect it to be this good after the shittiness that is GTA IV.

Laieon

Nothing super special, but I'm enjoying everything none-the-less. Crystal Lake Memories is somewhat depressing, because now I know how awesome the Tommy Jarvis story arch could have been. Really enjoying GTAV, I think it's the first in the series where I actually prefer doing missions instead of just running around and mindlessly killing people. Haven't touched KH HD or WW HD yet, but I'm expecting those to be pretty great as well (especially Wind Waker, since it's an update on my already all time favorite game).

aZyOTNF.jpg

Top Bottom