• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You positioning yourself right? If not try putting those direction arrows back on to help show you where you should be.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
GGs, even though we lacked finish tonight including myself, we could have had another 5-10 goals easily.

<3 A lot of that was me boning you by not taking it in myself when I should have and instead shooting a ton of crappy passes your way.

Red_Man

<3 A lot of that was me boning you by not taking it in myself when I should have and instead shooting a ton of crappy passes your way.
It's all good, I botched up a bunch of plays as well, we still got the wins though, so we're playing good enough to win when we're not at our best.

Marvie_3

Banned
It's all good, I botched up a bunch of plays as well, we still got the wins though, so we're playing good enough to win when we're not at our best.
I'm pretty surprised our record is as good as it is this month. Seems like we're playing like shit more often than not.

zsswimmer

Well I'll tell you why there were so many turnovers. 80% of the time you guys look for a cross crease, and it's really predictable so we either get stonewalled by the goalie or the defense picks it up.

If there is a 2 on 1 opportunity and there is a dman in the passing lane, chances are he'll grab it/block it, so just take the shot. What's the worse that can happen? Maybe try a shot that is a wrister to the pads and hope the other rushing forward can snag it for the rebound goal.

Or you could pass it back to me or Vis who were wide open like half the time. I mean if you don't feel comfortable passing to me, which isn't insulting to me since I'm pretty bad on offense, throw it to Vis, he's good.

Not like any of this will change since this has been our strategy the entire year even though various people have pointed this out (-_-)

Marvie_3

Banned
Well I'll tell you why there were so many turnovers. 80% of the time you guys look for a cross crease, and it's really predictable so we either get stonewalled by the goalie or the defense picks it up.

If there is a 2 on 1 opportunity and there is a dman in the passing lane, chances are he'll grab it/block it, so just take the shot. What's the worse that can happen? Maybe try a shot that is a wrister to the pads and hope the other rushing forward can snag it for the rebound goal.

Or you could pass it back to me or Vis who were wide open like half the time. I mean if you don't feel comfortable passing to me, which isn't insulting to me since I'm pretty bad on offense, throw it to Vis, he's good.

Not like any of this will change since this has been our strategy the entire year even though various people have pointed this out (-_-)

I pass to you. :(

Nozdeuce

It's amazing how often we get a cross crease within the opening minute of a game.

I think the solution is Viz plays center and defense at the same time and I play Minecraft

Red_Man

I'm pretty surprised our record is as good as it is this month. Seems like we're playing like shit more often than not.
If last month is any indication, then it looks like we're headed for an Elite Banner this month!

Red_Man

I didn't know you could go short side more than you do now
3HOwk.jpg

I actually worked on some moves coming down the wing, and break away's last night.

Red_Man

ph33nix said:
so apparently a lot of hockey players are insecure douchebags who know they play an irrelevant sport in this country
With an attitude like that, it's no wonder your play has been lacking.

Nobody ever said a damn word about hockey until their players couldn't keep their mouths shut. No one's fault but those guys own! Don't come out giving other sports shit and then get all defensive when people come right back at you. I like hockey and its game and players but you can't deny it's simply not very relevant, just look at the TV deals. I'm not taking any shots at the game itself though, I would watch games. and it's far more entertaining than fucking baseball

And yeah, without a doubt hockey players have to deal with FAR worse shit than basketball players, but they're talking like "oh gosh he should have just fought through that and played!" reality is in basketball, he would have been a liability out there so playing through whatever he had would be stupid and selfish.

zsswimmer

Nobody ever said a damn word about hockey until their players couldn't keep their mouths shut. No one's fault but those guys own! Don't come out giving other sports shit and then get all defensive when people come right back at you. I like hockey and its game and players but you can't deny it's simply not very relevant, just look at the TV deals. I'm not taking any shots at the game itself though, I would watch games. and it's far more entertaining than fucking baseball

And yeah, without a doubt hockey players have to deal with FAR worse shit than basketball players, but they're talking like "oh gosh he should have just fought through that and played!" reality is in basketball, he would have been a liability out there so playing through whatever he had would be stupid and selfish.

I think you are taking it too personally. I don't think anyones offended by calling hockey irrelevant, it's a niche sport in america. And hockey players are tougher than basketball players and they are just calling it like they see it.

Basketball sucks anyways :)

edit: that being said i'll probably get on tonight

I think you are taking it too personally. I don't think anyones offended by calling hockey irrelevant, it's a niche sport in america. And hockey players are tougher than basketball players and they are just calling it like they see it.

Basketball sucks anyways :)

edit: that being said i'll probably get on tonight

people sure seem offended but I don't blame them cause my words were not kind. and yes I probably was a little too irritated by hockey players saying dumb shit like that, especially cause it's LeBron and I've already had to hear such ridiculous shit about him

yes we all get hockey dudes are tougher, basketball players would cringe to go through what they have to, but it's just a very douchey thing to go on twitter and be all macho about it

Red_Man

Have 3 forwards on now, but later can we try Noz at center with us on the wings? Just cause me and Noz always dominated we he centers me for some reason.

Nozdeuce

Have 3 forwards on now, but later can we try Noz at center with us on the wings? Just cause me and Noz always dominated we he centers me for some reason.

I'm too special ed to know how to leave enemy crease

Red_Man

:lol :lol we did damn good that last game, until that stupid collapse and fucking glitch goals.

Red_Man

Some ggs tonight, except for the last 2, we couldn't get any offence going to save our lives, thankfully show contributed a few goals.

Marvie_3

Banned
Some ggs tonight, except for the last 2, we couldn't get any offence going to save our lives, thankfully show contributed a few goals.

Since I wasn't playing and this still happened, I refuse to take any further responsibility for any future failings on offense. :D

Red_Man

Since I wasn't playing and this still happened, I refuse to take any further responsibility for any future failings on offense. :D
We started good, I had a few hatties, and Noz and Ph33nix both had multiple goal games, it was just the last two games we could getting anything behind the goalie. Hit a bunch of posts again too.

Nozdeuce

:lol :lol we did damn good that last game, until that stupid collapse and fucking glitch goals.

That one was genuinely good until it all fell apart

Yeah, just didn't have much in the way of a sustained attack tonight. I guess I could've gone behind the net more to try to set stuff up that way? The slot was so clogged most of the time I just tried to keep a screen going. The whole night felt off, you and I were't getting the breakouts we usually do, and I wasn't really in sync the way we usually are for moving the puck around.

I think your sweet dangles confuse the other team more than it does Legit and I at this point.

We started good, I had a few hatties, and Noz and Ph33nix both had multiple goal games, it was just the last two games we could getting anything behind the goalie. Hit a bunch of posts again too.
My OT crossbar shot was excruciating

I'm just bummed we made Swim sad :(

Red_Man

Yea it was really difficult to get any shots through tonight, even swim had close to 15 shots probably, but had a tough time getting good ones on. Just one of those nights, still won a few games. It was really difficult with the AI d-man too, because he kept leaving the guy open for a tap in on the opposite side of Swim.

Red_Man

I just have my guy with really high speed, and he's like 180 / 5'8 but I get killed by hits a lot

also I just saw this but should I turn on the online arrow indicator? because I swear I heard or was convinced that even though your Pos score is based off that, that its not necessarily the right move

I'm going to try a speed and agility heavy build and hop into a pickup game (and pray I don't have to deal with shitty human goalies). we'll see what happens

Marvie_3

Banned
I just have my guy with really high speed, and he's like 180 / 5'8 but I get killed by hits a lot
Crank your weight up to 275. You'll be a bit harder to check and it won't affect your speed at all.

also I just saw this but should I turn on the online arrow indicator? because I swear I heard or was convinced that even though your Pos score is based off that, that its not necessarily the right move
You don't have to be exact on the arrow but if you sorta stick to it you'll be fine.

my problem usually is that i pass a split second too late sometimes or even my shot at times. sometimes I can't do anything about either because There will be times when I am mashing pass/shoot before it gets to me and nothing happens

but now i wont be slow as fuck woooo

Top Bottom