• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

I haven't noticed any difference.

What is your player rating in endurance and balance?

And did you bother putting anything in shit like awareness? Sometimes I'm not sure if putting all my points in one thing is better than having shot blocking and stick checking both be like in the high 60s

Marvie_3

Banned
What is your player rating in endurance and balance?

And did you bother putting anything in shit like awareness? Sometimes I'm not sure if putting all my points in one thing is better than having shot blocking and stick checking both be like in the high 60s
I'll post my build in a little bit.

Shot blocking only affects how fast your player gets back up from going to block shots. It's worthless.

Marvie_3

Banned
My LW build:

Offense

Deking - 85
Hand-eye - 76
Off. Awareness - 99
Passing - 93
Puck Control - 95
SS Accuracy - 60
SS Power - 61
WS Accuracy - 80
WS Power - 85

Defense

Aggressiveness - 60
Checking - 90
Def. Awareness - 90
Discipline - 96
Faceoffs - 65
Fighting - 50
Shot Blocking - 80
Stick Checking - 91

Athleticism

Acceleration - 65
Agility - 93
Balance - 79
Durability - 60
Endurance - 95
Speed - 90
Strength - 90

My RW build is slightly different to allow for higher faceoff stats but it's pretty similar. I use a two-way forward build for both LW & RW.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My LW build:

Offense

Deking - 85
Hand-eye - 76
Off. Awareness - 99
Passing - 93
Puck Control - 95
SS Accuracy - 60
SS Power - 61
WS Accuracy - 80
WS Power - 85

Defense

Aggressiveness - 60
Checking - 90
Def. Awareness - 90
Discipline - 96
Faceoffs - 65
Fighting - 50
Shot Blocking - 80
Stick Checking - 91

Athleticism

Acceleration - 65
Agility - 93
Balance - 79
Durability - 60
Endurance - 95
Speed - 90
Strength - 90

My RW build is slightly different to allow for higher faceoff stats but it's pretty similar. I use a two-way forward build for both LW & RW.
Why do you have awareness maxed, what does it do?

Marvie_3

Banned
Why do you have awareness maxed, what does it do?

For me, neither of them seem to do anything but I still put points in them. Offensive awareness supposedly helps you score goals and receive passes easier while defensive awareness supposedly makes your player better at intercepting passes and picking up loose pucks. There is an in-game guide to what the attributes are supposed to do.

I'll be on in a bit after I'm done cleaning up all my jizz

thanks for posting btw

Offensive awareness supposedly helps you score goals and receive passes easier while defensive awareness supposedly makes your player better at intercepting passes and picking up loose pucks

....I cannot wait to try this out lol

zsswimmer

ANYBODY WANNA MAKE FUN OF MY COUNTRY ASS INTERNET NOW

2023543727.png

WOOHOO

I'm fucking done with pick up games. Either you get an incompetent goalie or all people do is pause, and then let their player stand there for the rest of the game.

Why I get punished for it I will never know.

Some people get on to play

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm fucking done with pick up games. Either you get an incompetent goalie or all people do is pause, and then let their player stand there for the rest of the game.

Why I get punished for it I will never know.

Some people get on to play
I always backed out of OTP games when a human goalie was on my team.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yep, never play with human goalies, it takes 10 times longer to get your grade up. Your build is interesting Marvie, I have a playmaker build, but your build has almost the same stats plus a lot of other high attributes I don't have, I might switch over. I'm just playing well now and don't wanna fuck with that, but I can just switch back if it doesn't work.

Yeah I'll be waiting. I should never play another pick up game in my life even without goalies

I will never get a legend card at this rate -_-

Starting a catan match with some friends---will hop on again right after

Well those were GGs till that last bullshit of an abomination game

Why the game feels like the CPU AI should commit a 5 minute major I won't know

Is winning 75% of your faceoffs bad? Cause that's what the game is telling me and it makes me sad :(

maybe the game was telling me i wouldn't win dick in the 2nd

Wow, holy shit, I never pressed a button to fight, the next thing I see someone's in a fight with the motherfucking goalie and it's ME. So I press pause thinking I can pussy out of this or something and then by the time I resume Pat Riley's ass is on the floor.

WTF

Red_Man

Some more good games tonight, now 77-29-8 overall and in the Elite division. I switched to your build Marvie, and I'm digging it so far, I'm able to wreck people with hits, and I'm having better luck with my wristers.

Smiley90

Does someone mind exlaining to me what exactly "boost pack attribute levels cannot be combined with attribute adjustments" means? E.g. The effects of a +3 strength boost? Or does it only apply to the "full package" boosts?

Does someone mind exlaining to me what exactly "boost pack attribute levels cannot be combined with attribute adjustments" means? E.g. The effects of a +3 strength boost? Or does it only apply to the "full package" boosts?

means you can only do one or the other

use a boost pack
or
use XP + equipment boosts

if you buy and equip a boost pack it freezes your attribute ratings at whatever the boost pack gave you, no matter how much XP or what level you gain, they stay the same. Boost packs are only good for when you start out as gaining XP and getting to the Superstar and Legend levels give you more points to use in the long run.

if you unequip the boost pack and decide to use your XP to determine your ratings, you can't "stack" the boost pack on top of that afterwards.

hope that helps

Smiley90

means you can only do one or the other

use a boost pack
or
use XP + equipment boosts

if you buy and equip a boost pack it freezes your attribute ratings at whatever the boost pack gave you, no matter how much XP or what level you gain, they stay the same. Boost packs are only good for when you start out as gaining XP and getting to the Superstar and Legend levels give you more points to use in the long run.

if you unequip the boost pack and decide to use your XP to determine your ratings, you can't "stack" the boost pack on top of that afterwards.

hope that helps

But you still gain XP and can allote them, even with a boost pack active, right? It just won't have an effect... But you'll catch up to the boost pack stats faster since you're a "better" player, and then once caught up you can deactivate the boost pack and start using attributes from then on?

Also what do you mean by freeze... What if you bought the boost pack when already 90+? Or does it give you a set attribute rating, not a bonus?

Marvie_3

Banned
But you still gain XP and can allote them, even with a boost pack active, right? It just won't have an effect... But you'll catch up to the boost pack stats faster since you're a "better" player, and then once caught up you can deactivate the boost pack and start using attributes from then on?

Also what do you mean by freeze... What if you bought the boost pack when already 90+? Or does it give you a set attribute rating, not a bonus?
Boost packs give you a set rating. You can still earn attribute points while using a boost pack but they have zero effect. Once you catch up to your boost pack you can remove it and use your attribute points.

If you're already a 90 and you use a boost pack, your player will be at whatever the boost pack's attributes are. It's not a bonus.

Smiley90

Boost packs give you a set rating. You can still earn attribute points while using a boost pack but they have zero effect. Once you catch up to your boost pack you can remove it and use your attribute points.

If you're already a 90 and you use a boost pack, your player will be at whatever the boost pack's attributes are. It's not a bonus.

Aah I see, makes sense, thx.

If there is room I will be on after I devour jack in the box

this rating system can suck my oriental genitals. how many games do I need to get A+ in position score in a row for the thing to at least one millimeter from the A- it has been on forever

moop1167

Sup fellas. The dude I always play(ed) with is a cop and he got transferred so now he really doesn't have time to play. I'd like to join back up on the team if that's cool.

Sup fellas. The dude I always play(ed) with is a cop and he got transferred so now he really doesn't have time to play. I'd like to join back up on the team if that's cool.

we passed a new rule while you were gone, check the OP Post #1, Paragraph #4, Line #7: NO BRO'S ALLOWED

...now if you admit that your feeble dangling skills pale in comparison to my unbelievable stickhandling, and that I am without a doubt THEE BEST NHL12 player you have ever had the good fortune to see play... well then I might consider putting in a good word... if I'm having a good day today tomorrow

Red_Man

Wanna get on Old man vis need another D

Hows that healthcare treating your hip replacement?

D man aren't allowed to dangle.

interesting fact, while I was looking up synonyms for peon to try to insult you I found the following:

peon

Someone with the lowest social standing, such that commoners may pee on them with impunity. One social level below serfs, untouchables, and freshmen.

that is some low shit, 1 full level below a serf and people pee on you??? that's rock bottom

Top Bottom