• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's done, we just need some Dmen to hop online

We're gonna play now ph33nix if you're on gaf

nice work tonight all, my bad on that last game, should have been a shutout, all 5 goals were my bad, I got sloppy

im gonna have to cook up some diagrams for 2 situations that I see that can help us if we improve

#1) Pheeniks, when you come out from behind the net, if that pass across isnt there, and they have you walled off from being able to walk in and get a good shot, look down to me at the point in the corner. I will send it right back up the boards and usually this leaves you wide open and the d lets up on the cross crease pass so it will be available as soon as you get the puck back. You look me off every single time.

#2) Show this one is gonna need a diagram as you are struggling dealing with 2 on 1's. You need to push out further towards the passer at the strong side of the net and do a better job shadowing the passing lane for the lowest cross crease potential pass receiver. By being on the strongside of the net you pretty much take away his option to shoot while still preventing the pass. On those it's better to be aggressive against the passer instead of falling back and sticking to the receiver.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Legit. You are a bad man. Nothing else needs to be said.

Red_Man

Ph33nix do you know how to push up the puck? It will help you when you get going and are trying to beat a man to the net.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Legit. You are a bad man. Nothing else needs to be said.
Thanks coach.

GGs, we rebounded pretty good from a terrible first game. Does show even read gaf?

Marvie_3

Banned
Good games tonight even though we still have almost no consistency on offense. Wish I would have remembered to save the replay of that rebound off the pipe off my mid-air swat that I scored on.

One small note pheeniks, when you're down low by the net waiting for a cross pass, make sure you're far enough outside the post. There were a few easy goals that didn't happen because your player drifted directly in front of the net and took away your scoring angle.

Ph33nix do you know how to push up the puck? It will help you when you get going and are trying to beat a man to the net.
Pretty sure he does. I remember laserbot and I trying for weeks to remind him to use it in NHL 10. :lol

GGs, we rebounded pretty good from a terrible first game. Does show even read gaf?
Yeah he does.

Thanks coach.

yeah he reads GAF, but he keeps lying saying his account is waiting to be activated. We've probably gotten 10,000 juniors since he first told us that...

Red_Man

Ah, k cool, I wasn't sure if he did or not, that will help. Question about attributes does having your slapper stats up help with those slap shots where you hold the left trigger and right stick up? Cause I changed my build today from higher slap shot stats to not upgrading them at all, but I still got a few of those goals tonight.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ah, k cool, I wasn't sure if he did or not, that will help. Question about attributes does having your slapper stats up help with those slap shots where you hold the left trigger and right stick up? Cause I changed my build today from higher slap shot stats to not upgrading them at all, but I still got a few of those goals tonight.

It doesn't seem to help.

One thing, you gotta start hitting open cross passes instead of trying to force that shortside shot so much. You had ph33nix and I open a lot tonight.

Red_Man

That's what I figured, and yea I usually do that if I don't think I can get the pass through.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
SHOW, YOU FIGHT LIKE A DAIRY FARMER

One thing, you gotta start hitting open cross passes instead of trying to force that shortside shot so much. You had ph33nix and I open a lot tonight.
He's only allowed to pass to me <3

Red_Man

SHOW, YOU FIGHT LIKE A DAIRY FARMER
:lol

Nozdeuce said:
He's only allowed to pass to me <3
tumblr_lzarqfhTXL1qg63qpo1_250.gif

This too.

I am gonna try and be more aggressive like Show said, I feel like I play less shitty and it helps everybody else out

However, this also means I'm going to pass less, which means you guys might have to just:

deal-with-it.jpg

I'm almost at a superstar build. this means I can get off this shitty booster pack and make my guy not so damn slow right? what is causing this, is it acceleration or speed?

Marvie_3

Banned
However, this also means I'm going to pass less, which means you guys might have to just:
But if you passed less than you do now, that would mean you are passing negative times.......which means......which means.......

ivmtRoZyE3SVe.gif

I'm almost at a superstar build. this means I can get off this shitty booster pack and make my guy not so damn slow right? what is causing this, is it acceleration or speed?
Acceleration is worthless. Agility/speed/endurance is what you need.

holy shit. endurance matters now?

so should i bother putting anything into acceleration? because I feel like when I wait for you guys to cross the blue line I'm always the slowest to get across

Marvie_3

Banned
holy shit. endurance matters now?

so should i bother putting anything into acceleration? because I feel like when I wait for you guys to cross the blue line I'm always the slowest to get across
I had ~100 leftover points that I put into acceleration. Doesn't do anything though.

Endurance will make it so your guy doesn't tire out as easy. If your guys tires out, he slows down, can't skate at top speed, and can't use the hustle button. You'll notice when your guy is tired because he'll look like Legit's guy who is keeled over on the verge of death 7 seconds into any period. A tired player apparently also lowers your attributes slightly.

Legit, make sure you read the following as well:

Make sure you're putting points in endurance.

Marvie_3

Banned
do balance and strength mean anything?

Strength is one of the best attributes in the game. Helps your shot power, helps you check harder, and helps you bounce off checks.

Balance doesn't seem to do much. I usually roll with ~85+ strength and maybe 70-75 in balance.

Marvie_3

Banned
what about offensive awareness and defensive awareness?

god damn i dont know what any of these mean
For me, neither of them seem to do anything but I still put points in them. Offensive awareness supposedly helps you score goals and receive passes easier while defensive awareness supposedly makes your player better at intercepting passes and picking up loose pucks. There is an in-game guide to what the attributes are supposed to do.

this game fucking sucks. i don't understand why i have to have my grade fucked because the dumbass human goalie chose to literally do nothing for 2 periods

Red_Man

I am gonna try and be more aggressive like Show said, I feel like I play less shitty and it helps everybody else out

deal-with-it.jpg
The problem you have with passing is you don't pass on clear 2 on 1's or 1 on 0's and then you try to force it when there's 4 guys in the slot. So you need to start passing more while passing less :lol you have a good shot, just don't avoid the easy pass tap ins. Also I don't know if it's your guys or you, but I've made a few passes to you where you had an easy tap in but your shot is delayed by a second or too.

The problem you have with passing is you don't pass on clear 2 on 1's or 1 on 0's and then you try to force it when there's 4 guys in the slot. So you need to start passing more while passing less :lol you have a good shot, just don't avoid the easy pass tap ins. Also I don't know if it's your guys or you, but I've made a few passes to you where you had an easy tap in but your shot is delayed by a second or too.

such words of wisdom...

this should be the team motto next year

Marvie_3

Banned
Who would he pass to on a 1-on-0?

Who would he pass to on a 1-on-0?

well there are situations where this is relevant

I distinctly remember 2 from last night, where you guys had a 1-0 chance at the blueline and had a 2nd guy streaking up that could have been an easy cross crease goal and instead made a poor 1v1 move and completely botched the breakaway opportunity

If there is a chance for a 2-0 and no defenders are on your heels, slow the fuck up and wait for the other guy and its guaranteed goal if you set it up right.

as far as whos playing on the club right now, and please don't take this as disrespect, the only 2 guys I trust can score consistently 1-on-1 with the goalie are Legit and ACES. The rest of you are better off waiting for that 2nd player if the situation presents itself.

This is all awareness and instinct though, some of you guys still play with the blinders on and don't see the entire picture.

Marvie_3

Banned
well there are situations where this is relevant

I distinctly remember 2 from last night, where you guys had a 1-0 chance at the blueline and had a 2nd guy streaking up that could have been an easy cross crease goal and instead made a poor 1v1 move and completely botched the breakaway opportunity

If there is a chance for a 2-0 and no defenders are on your heels, slow the fuck up and wait for the other guy and its guaranteed goal if you set it up right.

as far as whos playing on the club right now, and please don't take this as disrespect, the only 2 guys I trust can score consistently 1-on-1 with the goalie are Legit and ACES. The rest of you are better off waiting for that 2nd player if the situation presents itself.

This is all awareness and instinct though, some of you guys still play with the blinders on and don't see the entire picture.
This is what I do unless there is NOBODY around to wait for. I couldn't score with an empty net on a breakaway. :lol

Red_Man

Yea good stuff, if I'm coming down the wing and have a defender on me with no room I'll just circle around and try to pass off to a guy coming down the slot, me and Vis have done this a few times, and works really well.

Games tonight?

Yes.

It would be really nice if people would use their mics too. When we have 5 people playing and nobody is communicating it gets pretty frustrating.

u taking shots at me bro?

so rolling all those teams last night in silence was frustrating, huh. You need to drink more then Marv...

ill wear my mic when swim does :)

ggs tonight

swim you played awesome tonight, good work on the defensive end, you made all the right plays preventing them from getting into the zone free, and it looks like you have the poke check and stick lift down pat now, big improvement since we last played together

we might be bro's again one day after all...

Top Bottom