• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Marvie_3

Banned
Can u even do this? Seems like the game goes from 3 days to 2 weeks for simming.. Unless the big guy can force sim.
You can do ~1 month worth of games every three days and it comes out about right. Commissioners can also move the league forward whenever.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently the demo (or well, the "huge announcement" that will 99% be the demo) announcement is scheduled for tmrw. I hope it's somewhat soon, excited to take a look at it. On the other hand, Guild Wars 2 starts on August 25....

Marvie_3

Banned
Apparently the demo (or well, the "huge announcement" that will 99% be the demo) announcement is scheduled for tmrw. I hope it's somewhat soon, excited to take a look at it. On the other hand, Guild Wars 2 starts on August 25....

It'll most likely be out next week. The demo has been out the week after Madden's demo for the last few years.

Smiley90

You gonna have time for a SIM league and GW2?

No. But I'm gonna MAKE time for a SIM league, GW2, a versus league (if Marvie lets me), University AND maybe part-time work (depending on how many hours my Prof will give me in the lab I work at). It will be good.

zsswimmer

Somebody on the nhl forums posted this

ahhhhh.jpg

:(

edit: also, from the EA press conference chat
EA Staff: An NHL 13 demo will be available to play on Xbox 360 on August 21, 2012. PlayStation 3 players will get it one day later, on August 22

zsswimmer

Once they took out the swimming celebration from NHL 11 I became totally fine with controllable celebrations being taken out.

Yeah that was hilarious. But so is going up to the goalie with both hands raised and just suddenly stop right in front of his face and start jumping up and down.

Another good one is to casually glide over to the opposing dman and do the 'point with index finger' move over and over.

Whats classic is when you are the non-scorer celebrating and you constantly press LB or Y while pushing up on the right stick - it makes you do the 'block shot' animation over and over, it's so funny when multiple people do it. Nobody on the team does it except me :( Milly used to back when he played

Delryk

Whats classic is when you are the non-scorer celebrating and you constantly press LB or Y while pushing up on the right stick - it makes you do the 'block shot' animation over and over, it's so funny when multiple people do it. Nobody on the team does it except me :( Milly used to back when he played

I do that every goal...olol.. I have no clue why..

moop1167

I don't bother with celebrations. No need to be a prick on the internet like some of these clowns that were picked last in kickball at recess.

wegotabadassoverhere.jpg

zsswimmer

Demo features:

The demo will feature access to four different modes – Play Now, NHL Moments Live, Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) and Free Skate – and the ability to earn up to three HUT Item Packs to use in the full version of NHL 13.

Play Now: Los Angeles Kings VS New Jersey Devils in the 3rd period. The period will start with a randomized score each time you play. The mode features the ‘True Broadcast’ camera.

NHL Moments Live: Game Five of the Western Conference Final between the Kings and Phoenix Coyotes.If you complete the moment, you’ll receive a HUT Item Pack.

HUT Mode: Create a fantasy team and beat Team USA to receive an upgraded HUT Pack.

Free Skate: Practice mode.

Invite a Friend to download the demo and receive one HUT Item Pack.

So glad we get free skate mode : D

Also apparently the tweet about no user celebration was wrong:

Earlier we told @5Grossy8 that the celebrations were AI driven this year. There is still the ability for the user to control those as well.

Smiley90

I have NHL 11 sitting here if anyone wants to play some club games on that

DUDE YOU SERIOUS. I have an unused xbox live gold card lying around (somewere) that I was waiting to use until NHL 13 came out, but I wouldn't mind activating it now. Not on until later though :/

Marvie_3

Banned
DUDE YOU SERIOUS. I have an unused xbox live gold card lying around (somewere) that I was waiting to use until NHL 13 came out, but I wouldn't mind activating it now. Not on until later though :/

No I was not serious. :lol I highly doubt there are any clubs left in 11.

Delryk

I can almost smell Marv's new NHL13 thread... And it smells like Milly's used up goats.

Cant believe Marvie would go for sloppy seconds.

Smiley90

I can almost smell Marv's new NHL13 thread... And it smells like Milly's used up goats.

Uh... The NHL 13 thread already exists... At least the GM Connected one. I guess there'll e a seperate one for EASHL?

Marvie_3

Banned

You may be having a stroke.....or hallucinating......or both. I'd pack up your dogsled and get to a doctor immediately.

Uh... The NHL 13 thread already exists... At least the GM Connected one. I guess there'll e a seperate one for EASHL?
Yes

Top Bottom