• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Suck to PSN and PSP (Now with shit netcode)

Shock Troopers is interesting, I considered tracking that down for my cab.

Which reminds me, I wonder what will be quicker - me getting a friend over here to finish the soldering, get an MVS board and get my carts up and running, or SNK getting all those games onto PSN.

For that matter, could Puzzle Bobble possibly release here? Or is it a license or possibly non-AES problem?

So world heroes and shock troopers were not released. Anyone know what happened? Perhaps we're going to get a bundle release with Metal Slug 2 and King of Fighters 96 all released soon?

klee123

Douche McBaggins The 3rd said:
So world heroes and shock troopers were not released. Anyone know what happened? Perhaps we're going to get a bundle release with Metal Slug 2 and King of Fighters 96 all released soon?

They were released last week in Japan. Not sure about the US/EU releases though.

.la1n

SiegfriedFM said:
Shock Troopers is interesting, I considered tracking that down for my cab.

Which reminds me, I wonder what will be quicker - me getting a friend over here to finish the soldering, get an MVS board and get my carts up and running, or SNK getting all those games onto PSN.

For that matter, could Puzzle Bobble possibly release here? Or is it a license or possibly non-AES problem?

The sequel to Shock Troopers is equally amazing if not more so.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Shock Troopers and World Heroes today.
Later today both Shock Troopers and World Heroes will hit the PlayStation Store. As usual, the PS3 version will set you back $8.99 and the PSP $6.99.

Source:GamingAge.com

_dementia said:
Are either of them worth playing?

World Heroes is quite outdated as a fighting game. Not nearly as fun as Street Fighter 2. I would wait until King of Fighters 96 hits, that is still really good.

But Shock Troopers is an amazing shoot-em-up, right up there with Metal Slug. And it was never released as a home console game, only in arcades.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The Take Out Bandit said:
World Heroes used to be a lot of fun.
World Heroes 2 is pretty good. I played a lot on Arcades. (DRAGON FTW!) WACHOO !! WACHOO !!

BTW could a mod change the thread title? KOF95 netcode is fine.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sapiens said:
I don't undersand why samurai showdown 2 is not available yet.

If you don't mind PS1 ports, you can get the SamSho 1/2 compilation from JPSN. They've also got KOF '98 (again, PS1), which I think I'll be getting.

hikarutilmitt said:
Shock Troopers 2 edges it out, if just barely. Lulu alone makes this possible.

Who ARE you trying to kid?

i thought the rendered visual style of the second game wasn't as pretty as the traditional 2D animation of the first. And the lack of characters was a bit lame...and they toned down the violence, AND the music wasn't as good :D

Galdelico

_dementia said:
I doubt it. SamSho2 is on Wii's Neo Geo Virtual Console as well
That's cool, I didn't know about it.

I can keep dreaming on a flawless Neo Geo Station port of Fatal Fury Special, then. :)

galvatron

Noisepurge said:
i thought the rendered visual style of the second game wasn't as pretty as the traditional 2D animation of the first. And the lack of characters was a bit lame...and they toned down the violence, AND the music wasn't as good :D

Been a while since I played, but I thought you could turn on and off the violence in the soft dip. The rest of your points are more or less the consensus on that game. Also, there's more slowdown in Shock Troopers 2nd squad. Both games are a lot of fun, though

Galdelico

Noisepurge said:
yess, Shock Troopers has blood in it even when played with the English region!
Man, I can feel the hype rising.

And also the massive disappointment, when tomorrow I'll find out that the two games didn't come to Euro Store... XD

_dementia said:
My wallet is shy of getting the PS3 version of Shock Troopers. Should I settle for PSP?

That's a negative ghostrider :D Best played with two players and arcade sticks! Get the PS3 version now, and PSP later! :D

Galdelico said:
Man, I can feel the hype rising.

And also the massive disappointment, when tomorrow I'll find out that the two games didn't come to Euro Store... XD

That's why i regularly get 50$ vouchers for the yankee store, games are cheaper and come available sooner.

Galdelico

Noisepurge said:
That's why i regularly get 50$ vouchers for the yankee store, games are cheaper and come available sooner.
You have a point here. :D

Technical question: any weird conflict issues, by putting altogether american Neo Geo Station games with european ones?

Seraphis Cain said:
If you don't mind PS1 ports, you can get the SamSho 1/2 compilation from JPSN. They've also got KOF '98 (again, PS1), which I think I'll be getting.

I belive KoF98 was a rather bad port, at least KoF99 was and I doubt it was better. Also, SS1/2 is supposedly rather horrible. SS4 is decent, at least when played on PS3 with quick loading.

Surprisingly, Real Bout Special is a very solid port and it also has unique stuff (like the most evil boss ever) that's only in the PS version.

Galdelico said:
You have a point here. :D

Technical question: any weird conflict issues, by putting altogether american Neo Geo Station games with european ones?

Nope, i have a couple from european store and a couple from the american one. Even the NeoGeo intro shows all the games properly in the silhouette.

The only issue comes if you get the PSP ones, then you need to re-assign the american account to that PSP console.

Galdelico

Noisepurge said:
Nope, i have a couple from european store and a couple from the american one. Even the NeoGeo intro shows all the games properly in the silhouette.

The only issue comes if you get the PSP ones, then you need to re-assign the american account to that PSP console.
That's great, exactly what I was wondering.

Thanks!

Just did a run through the game. So good.

Actually did alright too. Only used three credits on normal difficulty. Not too shabby for a first-timer.

SiegfriedFM said:
I belive KoF98 was a rather bad port, at least KoF99 was and I doubt it was better. Also, SS1/2 is supposedly rather horrible. SS4 is decent, at least when played on PS3 with quick loading.

Surprisingly, Real Bout Special is a very solid port and it also has unique stuff (like the most evil boss ever) that's only in the PS version.

ALL SNK games were BAD ports to the Playstation barring Real Bout Fatal Fury Dominated mind which was specifically made for the Playstation and its limited ram. KOF 98 has enough missing frames and compounded with how it handles emulation, it makes some combos impossible.

Galdelico

As expected, nothing even remotely close to Shock Troopers and World Heroes hit the EU Store today... I think I'm gonna get a US card, at this point, this randomness is just annoying. :x

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Fersis said:
BTW could a mod change the thread title? KOF95 netcode is fine.

Yup. '95 online works surprisingly well. Much better than I expected. There's a huge lack of players online though. :/

Douche McBaggins The 3rd said:
ALL SNK games were BAD ports to the Playstation barring Real Bout Fatal Fury Dominated mind which was specifically made for the Playstation and its limited ram. KOF 98 has enough missing frames and compounded with how it handles emulation, it makes some combos impossible.

Real Bout Fatal Fury was also an excellent port overall, with very little missing. The only noticeable missing animations are the first round win poses, which were removed. IIRC Galaxy Fight was also a good port, but I did not play it myself and can't confirm. Samurai Spirits IV Special, while missing frames all over the place, actually played well. It ran nice and fast. Far from even close to perfect, however.

All of the PSOne KOF ports sucked.

Actually got one online game of Shock Troopers in.
I couldn't quite tell if there was input lag or what but it went fairly well, except the guy I was playing with ran out of continues and decided to leave, which ended the match.

We weren't even halfway through the game dammit. =/

Theonik

Another question about getting them from multiple regions, are the icos on the XMB a different style than the EU counterparts and will the US versions sort properly on their own folder with the EU ones?

God freaking damn.
Just played another online game of Shock Troopers.
The person I was playing with had zero bars.
There was about a half/second or so of input lag.
I just wanted to blow my brains out.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
God freaking damn.
Just played another online game of Shock Troopers.
The person I was playing with had zero bars.
There was about a half/second or so of input lag.
I just wanted to blow my brains out.
That really blows. Is there anyway to see the connection quality before joining a game?

Grokbu

I really think they should release KOF 98 and 2k2 before XIII comes out.
Might help hype it a bit, and I get the feeling they're not gonna get as many sales if they're released after XIII.

_dementia said:
That really blows. Is there anyway to see the connection quality before joining a game?
I think it does but considering there's like one player on at a time there's not much choice.

Still managed to beat the game. Used all my continues though.
Sucks because the game is so reliant on the dodge-roll and I have to do it a long time in advance if I want to avoid damage.

SkylineRKR

Oh god, Shock Troopers is still amazing... bought it via US card. We Europeans have been fucked over yet again. I remember missing out on it because it was not being released on AES. And I hated emulation (and those conversions or bootlegs, well.. dunno).

I hope 2nd squad will make it as well, always liked that one although the original is indeed better (and has less slowdown). Music was good though

Err, so I switched to JP region for no reason? heh.

alstein

Grokbu said:
I really think they should release KOF 98 and 2k2 before XIII comes out.
Might help hype it a bit, and I get the feeling they're not gonna get as many sales if they're released after XIII.

Enough folks consider those two better games then XI that I think they'll still sell.

The ones I'm really looking forward to are RB1 and SS2 right now. Maybe in 2014 they'll come out.

Theonik said:
Another question about getting them from multiple regions, are the icos on the XMB a different style than the EU counterparts and will the US versions sort properly on their own folder with the EU ones?

They go in the same folder and the artstyle is similar to EU versions. I haven't tested if online is region locked though.

GrayFoxPL

They release games chronologically more or less so don't expect 98 before 96, 97 and 2k2 before 99, 2000, 2001.

Grokbu

alstein said:
Enough folks consider those two better games then XI that I think they'll still sell.
Yeah, that's true actually.

By the way. This might be a stupid question. Are they allowed to sell games with K9999 in them?

GrayFoxPL said:
They release games chronologically more or less so don't expect 98 before 96, 97 and 2k2 before 99, 2000, 2001.
I guess that's true too.

kyubajin

I just want some STG love in the form of Pulstar, Last Resort, Last Hope (one can dream), Viewpoints, Blazing Star, etc

Top Bottom