• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Jackano

I should start playing again soon. Are the new drop charts in effect yet?

Server hasn't been updated yet, so same drop rates that it's had all along.

Everyone is talking about this since 2-3 weeks but what consists the changes?

From what I understand (special items from enemies) drop rates are in a MySQL database, this should not be related to a server update if SU want to keep them.

SoldatJ

Neo Member
Everyone is talking about this since 2-3 weeks but what consists the changes?

From what I understand (special items from enemies) drop rates are in a MySQL database, this should not be related to a server update if SU want to keep them.

N.A/SU suggested that he might change the drop tables to be more like the ones found here.

The drops for EP I & II are pretty much the same as the current tables, but the EP IV drops change dramatically. In general most of the sought after EP IV rares will only drop on 1 or 2 Section IDs (at a higher rate for the most part) rather than 4-5 different ones like the current table. The rares that are probably easier to farm now are:

Centurion/Ability
Limiter
Rupika
Dragon Scale

There is a silver lining to all of this, though. If the drop tables change, many currently unobtainable rares will drop from EP IV enemies. They are:

Stink Shield
Solferino
Rianov 303SNR(1-5)
L&K38 Combat
Phoenix Claw
Zero Divide
Laconium Axe
Smartlink
Shouren
Shichishito
Asteron Belt
Valkyrie
Earth Wand: Brownie
Decalog
Galatine
Red Coat

Jackano

Ok I see.
I definitely am in the process for centurion/ability atm. It's slow though, I only started considering and playing some ep4 seriously yesterday lol.

But it's cool to see Rianov. Another rifle to farm, I'm looking forward to this!

thedan001

Lyriam and I found a second Resta lv30

So... I have another to give away for the next request, along with some random lv21-29 tech disks

who's next?

Jackano

Lyriam and I found a second Resta lv30

So... I have another to give away for the next request, along with some random lv21-29 tech disks

who's next?
I've got two of those myself.
Also woke up earlier than usual today, ran some micro runs for my Yas hunt (1725 gills seen so far), and found a Megid 26.
Funny thing to see guys in other timezones being still here after telling cya yesterday before going to bed. Although yesterday everyone seemed to work for the government lol

thedan001

Done several runs for spread needle, no luck yet

However I had good fortune with a couple drops

A centurion/ability dropped on the 2nd Za Boota kill in ult ep4, it was a wtf moment haha

and then Lyriam picked up a random ???? Vulcan which turned out to be 40/0/0/55/55 charge vulcan! gonna be useful for red ring or olga dna farm runs

I'm planning to spam ultimate TTF runs to dark falz until lv185 this weekend, which is about 25 runs. It's around 300k-315k exp each full run
Anyone is welcome to join however I would like an ID that drops red ring off falz, any level is ok with me

Zalusithix

Done several runs for spread needle, no luck yet

However I had good fortune with a couple drops

A centurion/ability dropped on the 2nd Za Boota kill in ult ep4, it was a wtf moment haha

and then Lyriam picked up a random ???? Vulcan which turned out to be 40/0/0/55/55 charge vulcan! gonna be useful for red ring or olga dna farm runs

I'm planning to spam ultimate TTF runs to dark falz until lv185 this weekend, which is about 25 runs. It's around 300k-315k exp each full run
Anyone is welcome to join however I would like an ID that drops red ring off falz, any level is ok with me

I ran past the vulcan at first too since I've switched to mostly selling armors instead of ??? weapons to cover fluid costs. Then I remembered I was looking for a decent seize/freeze mechgun for my HU alt and picked it up. Started looking at it while running to the next room and saw the 45/45 at the end. Even with a crap type it would have been useful for my HU, but as a charge weapon? That's too good to delegate to an alt. It had to go to somebody that would truly utilize its potential.

I thought for sure that'd be the highlight of the night for me, but then Soldat comes out of left field and mentions he found another Glide in the lobby afterwards. Screw highlight of the night, that's the highlight of the month for me lol. It'll be so nice being able to J/Z an entire room without having to run close to things that can swat me down like a gnat. Much easier to maintain resta range as well if I'm not running around like a chicken with its head cut off making sure everything is debuffed.

Jackano

Just to let you know guys that I finally got it! First run of Soul of Steel in the morning!
That's a nice "antic" weapon, I never got it before. Grinded to +60 (max), it will be my main rifle. I need to check if the Bringer one is more powerfull or not.

PsoBB%202015-09-19%2011-09-23.png

My current to do list need a refresh, I don't even know if I still want to search for a better Frozen shooter, does anybody still need one?
Other wise, Gi Gue's body I think, and episode 4 VH.

Just to let you know guys that I finally got it! First run of Soul of Steel in the morning!
That's a nice "antic" weapon, I never got it before. Grinded to +60 (max), it will be my main rifle. I need to check if the Bringer one is more powerfull or not.

My current to do list need a refresh, I don't even know if I still want to search for a better Frozen shooter, does anybody still need one?
Other wise, Gi Gue's body I think, and episode 4 VH.

Congrats! I remember doing some runs with you and you kept counting the enemies.

thedan001

grats jackano!

We finally have a divine punishment gun on the server, its the striker version

Found the gun this morning and decided to make the mag for the hell of it

0 MST divine punishment = smh but its pretty fireworks!

smh still

(I had the mag unit get ramarl's max stat route since its potential is from that class anyhow. 5/100/42/53 mag stats)

1jWR3TSl.png

Zalusithix

grats jackano!

smh still

(I had the mag unit get ramarl's max stat route since its potential is from that class anyhow. 5/100/42/53 mag stats)

1jWR3TSl.png
Pretty fireworks, but laughably low damage for your caseal. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I was doing more damage than the gun. I guess that'll be my one memory of doing more damage than Neon... (And this is without a tech boosting weapon on non-class boosted techs. =P)

Edit: It's also strange looking at cast screenshots. As a FO, the entire number hotkey line is filled up and there's still things I had to leave unbound.

thedan001

Pretty fireworks, but laughably low damage for your caseal. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I was doing more damage than the gun. I guess that'll be my one memory of doing more damage than Neon... (And this is without a tech boosting weapon on non-class boosted techs. =P)

Edit: It's also strange looking at cast screenshots. As a FO, the entire number hotkey line is filled up and there's still things I had to leave unbound.

I strictly play with a controller, so I use the hotbars + quick menus only
That leaves the keyboard for chat, this set up is relaxing for me since I can kick back and just play/grind

We need some RAnewm/RAnewearl but then we would have to add a new class for FO/HU and FOcast doesn't make sense lore-wise

grats jackano!

smh still

Looks fun, I already have the mag, just gotta motivate myself to try and hunt for the gun.

3- Tinkerbell's dog 2 seems to not save the Sonic glove reward; So, broken.
Normally, you can get Sonic Knuckle from Oswald (in Central Dome Fire Swirl) after you give him Sonic's Glove from Tinkerbell's Dog 2, but it doesn't work properly in PSOBB (or PSOGC).

The quest is originally from PSODC, and seems it can cause problems in PSOBB once cleared (not sure about PSOGC, but I did get hit by FSOD-X and my save corrupted, but I have backups so not a huge deal).

Here's some information regarding it on Tethealla forums:
http://www.pioneer2.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=184&p=1025
http://www.pioneer2.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=203&p=1158

On NeoPSO, I noticed I have Central Dome Fire Swirl on the character that got the Sonic's Glove, but all my other characters can't even find that quest on their quest list. Don't remember if it was unlocked by default or not, but I'd recommend to ignore Tinkerbell's Dog 2 either way. Besides, the Rock-Paper-Scissors minigame has an awful RNG. XP

I'm not at the moment but that's due to other commitments rather than not wanting to play. If my free time ever re-appears I can see myself PSOing again :3

Jackano

Quiet on PSO the last few days - anyone still playing?
I'm still here, playing most of the time alone on the server lol
Lyriam is the only other player I've seen around this week, but that's solely because he/she's running the game in background during work for mag purpose I believe.

Personally the addiction factor faded away a great deal since I got Yas3k. There is no other drop I absolutely want atm. Yas7k is an insane drop since that's on Sinow Zele who are bitches to hunt and only shot range.
The only other fancy rifle I want to try and can do on my ID is Holy Ray, I'm currently at 17 Del Ra Lie for a 1/37 rate.

Not feeling redoing the Gigues anymore. PW4 is the quickest way to farm them, but the Ill Gill in Ult is another bitch. I've done this on the OG PSOBB in PW1 but it takes way too much time compared to PW4.

I guess I'll still be here until FM16 eat most of my time and eventually Xenoblade X, if the game is strong enough to go against FM.

thedan001

I've been playing but I play at EST primetime, if I don't have schoolwork, I can log on earlier however I've had a busy week

by the time I log on to grind for 2-3 hours, most of you have already logged out

Lyriam has been joining me in some occasional TTF runs or EN4/random rare hunt

Zalusithix

I'm still here, playing most of the time alone on the server lol
Lyriam is the only other player I've seen around this week, but that's solely because he/she's running the game in background during work for mag purpose I believe.

Personally the addiction factor faded away a great deal since I got Yas3k. There is no other drop I absolutely want atm. Yas7k is an insane drop since that's on Sinow Zele who are bitches to hunt and only shot range.
The only other fancy rifle I want to try and can do on my ID is Holy Ray, I'm currently at 17 Del Ra Lie for a 1/37 rate.

Not feeling redoing the Gigues anymore. PW4 is the quickest way to farm them, but the Ill Gill in Ult is another bitch. I've done this on the OG PSOBB in PW1 but it takes way too much time compared to PW4.

I guess I'll still be here until FM16 eat most of my time and eventually Xenoblade X, if the game is strong enough to go against FM.
I'm not really doing mag raising (anymore), but just stuff that is low complexity / danger and can be walked away from at any moment.

As for the general server population, yeah it has dwindled, but it is the middle of the week and you're relying on people that are available in your western-european time zone. Asami is on vacation, so that's one regular that's no longer present, and Tom hasn't been on as much this week. Those are the only two I know off the top of my head that are regulars and close to your time zone. As for the others... Neon, as mentioned, is being kept busy by class and homework. Soldat generally is on later at night, and I don't really keep tabs on Hauzer, As for the rest, they're either on less regularly, are not ult capable yet, or both. (Edit: Oh, and Frosty is MIA.)

We never regained those that we lost to MGS, and at this point I have my doubts we'll ever see them again, so my hopes are mostly pinned on the current batch slowly making their way up the ranks. Failing that, we'll need some new blood.

thedan001

so my hopes are mostly pinned on the current batch slowly making their way up the ranks. Failing that, we'll need some new blood.

Lv150 (and 185) are big grind walls and when you reach it, it takes re-commitments to grind even further

that said, I'm still here if you ever want to grind some moarrrrrrrr

Zalusithix

How close to vanilla is this server? Also, any old-timers from the GameFAQs days around on here?

Double exp, increased rare monster spawn rate. Common bank. Other than that, it's currently quite vanilla. Of course there's bugs and missing features on the server side, but those aren't really intentional things.

Zalusithix

Frosty was on last night just before I got off! I've only really been on 10-12 UK time this week and seeing no one on I haven't stuck around that long.

Hope to bump into you all soon!

Yeah, Frosty popped on not too long after I made that post, and I heard about you being on. You managed to get on after I had signed off work, and got off before I got back from dinner. Anyhow, we ran a quick TTF with Neon before he had to AFK for homework. After that it was mostly just lobby chat with Kali-su's alt (spelling probably off there) with Frosty doing the typical silent monitoring thing. ;) Soldat showed up on his RA later on and went off doing his thing.

That said, I probably wont be on at work today. Without Asami on team chat to pass the time, it's too boring to stay on all day without a goal. I'm not ready yet quest wise with Lyr to farm for the Agito, and I've burned myself out of dragon rushes for a bit.

Zalusithix

Another needle! Time to check out the %'s...

uAG7xv0l.png

:OOOOOWTFOPP!1!!!!!!!1111!!!!

I celebrate with obligatory Jontron gifs

jontron__yes_by_sonicobsessed1-d5k7w4a.gif

tumblr_n1zwdsH8my1tuuk2go1_400.gif

2jy2F5N.gif

Damn, looking for hit and get a 40%! RNGod answered your prayers there. So that's another goal achieved for you. Now to figure out what's next on the lineup. =P

thedan001

Damn, looking for hit and get a 40%! RNGod answered your prayers there. So that's another goal achieved for you. Now to figure out what's next on the lineup. =P

My ATA went from 248 to 328, so estatic. Delsabers, lets see you try to evade me now!

I'm hunting for baranz parts atm, but I do plan to run more EN4 for chaos bringer's arm

I gave my old needle to Tom, I gotta find another for Asami and Soldatj, I might've forgot someone else, just let me know. Might have to wait a bit tho, it took me about 2.5 weeks of casual EN4 runs before I saw another needle drop

thedan001

Found Asami's needle, 8 EN4 runs which was nice

4 spread needles
0 chaos bringer's arm

I don't really need the bringer gun, just for completion's sake

well, shit. another needle dropped again 2 rooms later. That's 5 needles I've found now

percents are 25/0/0/20 and 0/0/0/0/30 untekked

Asami and SoldatJ, ask me whenever im online since you both asked for one

SoldatJ

Neo Member

4 spread needles
0 chaos bringer's arm

well, shit. another needle dropped again 2 rooms later. That's 5 needles I've found now

You must have the devil's luck or something! I really appreciate it! You just spared me hours of farming. What are you still looking for by the way?

Zalusithix

I guess Asami can stop dealing with the never ending Shino deaths on his quest for a needle.

Meanwhile I've noticed that my DS4's left stick is behaving erratically, so I've ordered a new one. That issue combined with my head cold means I probably won't be on as much in the short term.

4 spread needles
0 chaos bringer's arm

omg lol, let me run EN4 with you sometime or something. Congrats on your finds though!

thedan001

Trust me, It took a long time before lady luck looked my way in EN4
It got to the point where I was already memorizing exact enemy spawns and I would stand behind big targets like chaos bringer's and delsabers right before they spawn just so I could get pre-emptive hits
(._.)

What are you still looking for by the way?

Since you asked, I'm looking for these rares (w/ reasonable droprates)

Yasminkov 3000R
Yasminkov 7000V
Bringer's Right Arm
Gi Gue's Body
Twin Brand
Monkey King Bar
Red Sword
Kasami Bracer
Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou
Guard Wave
Aura Field
Cure/Confuse

These are mainly what I will hunt for as I level anyways, the biggest obstacle being the section ID's

SoldatJ

Neo Member
All right. I got you a Guard Wave. 0 slots, 198def and I forgot to check the EVP.
Lyriam or Asami may have an extra Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou from our Larme D'Argent runs.

I think I can help you with some of those other things because a lot of them seem to be on Redria.

thedan001

All right. I got you a Guard Wave. 0 slots, 198def and I forgot to check the EVP.
Lyriam or Asami may have an extra Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou from our Larme D'Argent runs.

I think I can help you with some of those other things because a lot of them seem to be on Redria.

Thanks, it's helpful :D

I also have a redria alt but would like to keep playing my racaseal, so I jump on any opportunity to play with any other ID's

When can you be online to pick up the needle?

SoldatJ

Neo Member
Thanks, it's helpful :D

I also have a redria alt but would like to keep playing my racaseal, so I jump on any opportunity to play with any other ID's

When can you be online to pick up the needle?

I'll try signing on around 5~6 EST, but if that doesn't work out, you can hand it off to Jackano, Lyriam, Asami or Tom because I usually see them on.

Also, I was looking at some toys and found your clone! She comes with a Spread Needle to boot.

Zalusithix

Asami has the spare Blue Violets. He noticed that was part of Neon's list after Neon had signed off. All my spares at this point fall under FO stuff. Pinkal doesn't drop much of interest for other classes. Eventually I'll begin Agito hunting, but getting the the "spare" stage of that will take... some time.

thedan001

I'll try signing on around 5~6 EST, but if that doesn't work out, you can hand it off to Jackano, Lyriam, Asami or Tom because I usually see them on.

Also, I was looking at some toys and found your clone! She comes with a Spread Needle to boot.

Haha, funny story. I actually own one of these. RAcaseals are my favorite, but purplenum > redria anyday for a ranger :s

Asami has the spare Blue Violets. He noticed that was part of Neon's list after Neon had signed off. All my spares at this point fall under FO stuff. Pinkal doesn't drop much of interest for other classes. Eventually I'll begin Agito hunting, but getting the the "spare" stage of that will take... some time.

If Asami has an extra one, I'll take one if it's okay. I would like to outfit a hunewearl to level in ult mode

Motooni

Yes, I have a Blue Odoshi I will hand over.

Great runs tonight with Tumo, TheDan001 and Jackano (to use their forum names). But I noticed the disconnects were strong today. I saw myself, SoldatJ, and Tumo all disconnect during TTF runs.

Hopefully it's an anomaly because it was to the point of run-ruining. I think it was twice for me today, once in a TTF and once in Max Attack 2.

Top Bottom