• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

thedan001

I'm in the process of making a Redria RAcast, but he's still lvl1, haha.
Anyway, I looked at the drop charts, and Whitill has the highest drop for red ring (2.7397%) vs. Viridia/Skyly/Redria (1.5625%).

But, yeah, hopefully someone with one of those Section ID's is high enough.

Ok, I am just gonna power level a whitill character to lv90-100 because I also need other drops in Whitill as well

Give me about 2 weeks, I'll start this weekend

Jackano

That was some extensive runs yesterday with Hauzer and Lyriam.
Done governement quests from 2-3 to 3-3, and I believe they started earlier with 2-2 at least.
3-2 was a lucky shot though.
2-4 definitely give lv.24 shifta/deband unlike the typo on pso-world.

N.A

Banned
I finally installed this and tried to play it. The game crashes when I attempt to start the game.

Basically, I select my character, I get the loading screen (where you can move the sparkly orb) and it says "connecting..." and then the screen turns black and it constantly loops the loading screen audio and never progresses.

Thoughts?

Rig:

Corei7 4790k
16GB RAM
GTX 970

Most likely your antivirus. Add all the executables to your exceptions.

Jackano

1- Welcome to the box room (VH)
Untitled%201.jpg

2- I got no luck (in both meaning of the term) for the past two weeks (I think?) in Rappy's Holiday. I will still continue to farm this a bit, just to get another one and then give up.

3- Tinkerbell's dog 2 seems to not save the Sonic glove reward; So, broken.

thedan001

I decided to record our ult falz fight at the last minute, I uploaded without editing or anything. No sound, sorry

inb4 Lv116 > Lv167, windows update popped during the spinners part, resulting in a premature death. I look like a noob while a Lv116 Fonewearl survived the whole fight :(

I didn't bother with multi-elemental resists and geared only for multi rabarta and not rafoie because I thought rabarta would only kill me, I was wrong. You can see I die to rafoie and not other players because I ate all the multi-rafoie blasts. Rest of the team fell down after the first rafoie and had invincibility frames, this is a scenario where lower levels have an advantage over higher levels (but also high enough hp to survive most falz attacks)

NeoPSO first Ultimate Dark Falz win

SoldatJ

Neo Member
The game officially hates me today. I disconnected 3 times doing TTF runs, but I couldn't discern what caused it. Every time was in the dungeon casting a spell. Maybe I jammed the buttons too much? If it continues, I'll submit a ticket.

thedan001

The game officially hates me today. I disconnected 3 times doing TTF runs, but I couldn't discern what caused it. Every time was in the dungeon casting a spell. Maybe I jammed the buttons too much? If it continues, I'll submit a ticket.

I think it has something to do with peer-to-peer connection with players and host in games, its just my guess...

Whenever I played with Veldin, I d/ced every 30 mins or so

Zalusithix

You made it through the ult TTF tonight without DCing, so I'd say it might have just been bad luck. As for the casting a spell part... Surely that would have been coincidence. You're a FO; you're casting techs in TTF basically nonstop. =P

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Meh PSO got regulated to the back burner unfortunately since the 3 week rotation for it is over so that means PSO on the weekends only for me. Got to keep rotating my backlog!

Gattuso

I seem to have encountered a bug I think with the bank unless it's always done that. when the bank is full and you try to add a stackable item to whatever amount you already have in there, like a photon drop or whatever, you get hit with a "bank is full" message (also with the entire chatlog for that session in the room in the same box), along with a connection code error at the same time in the corner.

Jackano

Never forget:

seem to have encountered a bug I think with the bank unless it's always done that. when the bank is full and you try to add a stackable item to whatever amount you already have in there, like a photon drop or whatever, you get hit with a "bank is full" message (also with the entire chatlog for that session in the room in the same box), along with a connection code error at the same time in the corner.
I think that's the bug as told in the server connection disclaimer? However I got the same thing when randomly picking an item, most of the time during a solo quest in caves.

Reading the Tethealla forums, this has piqued my interests:
Sodaboy said:
Well, I finished coding the PSO2 style drops and tested with Tofu, it worked out entirely as I suspected (very good).

Now all drops you see in a multimode game can only be seen and picked up by you. Of course, once you pick up the item, you can drop it or trade it with someone else.

Everyone always complains about ninja looting and so on, but this makes that non-existant. Unfortunately, it also has the side effect of giving a team of people who play together 4x the chance to find a particular rare from a monster. (If they're hunting to support each other.) Trying to figure out how that could be balanced.

PSO2 just stopped trading rare items completely, but we can't have that here.

Sodaboy said:
PSO2 style drops in which monsters and boxes generate items for each player, not for the whole party. Anything you see dropped can be safely picked up by you without a rebuke from the party, as no one else in the party can even see the item to begin with. You are free to trade items after pickup. (Coming soon, optional use not forced.)

While it's an upcoming feature for Ephinea. It might become one of the many additional features of Tethealla, like the common bank.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

While it's an upcoming feature for Ephinea. It might become one of the many additional features of Tethealla, like the common bank.
But...but what will I do with my Ninja skills that I developed and honed for years? Seriously anybody who played with me will tell you that I'm very good in my trade of Ninja swiping those red boxes.

So then, do the drops correspond to the host's section ID, or each individual player's? Either way, this could possibly be huge, since you're essentially getting up to 4x the drops from a single run rather than just stealing from each other.

I prefer the drops this way. Will make others play with each other more often to hunt for rares. I look forward to when it'll be implemented.

Don't worry, it will be a feature that has to be enabled with a /command of some kind, by default it will not be on when you host a room.

Sodaboy has been making some sudden changes lately, so I wouldn't be concerned with it quite yet. Let things settle, as I'm sure this will have to be refined further, if it even sticks.

Jackano

The con I can already see is slowing down the gameplay because everyone will stop after a set of boxes and start typing: "I see item X does anyone want?"
or I understand that wrong

Zalusithix

I prefer the drops this way. Will make others play with each other more often to hunt for rares. I look forward to when it'll be implemented.

You already have to play with others for rares. Your own section ID can only get you so far. While interesting, the player specific drops will certainly impact the balancing of the server. Especially with the increased rare spawn rates that we have going.

You already have to play with others for rares. Your own section ID can only get you so far. While interesting, the player specific drops will certainly impact the balancing of the server. Especially with the increased rare spawn rates that we have going.

True, about both hunting for rares and the balance. I still sometimes solo a lot, just because I don't want to be selfish and try to claim multiple rares in case one drops.

It more than likely will be a toggle, and I know there are plenty of people that would like the drops to not change to keep some things closer to the original game. I will say that it'll still help others overall in trying to go for certain drops, even if others want the same multiple drops (whether they are rare or not).

But...but what will I do with my Ninja skills that I developed and honed for years? Seriously anybody who played with me will tell you that I'm very good in my trade of Ninja swiping those red boxes.

I have noticed some players dropping everything all together, and going for a red box right when they see one drop ;).

Sign

N.A., I sent you a message about making an account, but I was able to use the website so don't worry about it.

The game has really nice music.

Ty for running the server =D.

Xion_Stellar

I have noticed some players dropping everything all together, and going for a red box right when they see one drop ;).
Don't judge me! Most of us veterans suffer from Crimson Package Disorder where we risk our lives and even mission failure in order to race towards that Red Box and grab it.

lol back in SCHTHACK I onced had a stand off on Ultimate Caves where all four us were standing around making single hits on a rare slime to try to get the rare drop we all wanted so bad and we wasted more time than necessary on it.

The slime dropped Maseta of all things

Jackano

TBH I'm probably doing it. This come from my PSOBB time and those kind of reflex don't go away. Back then I had poor english skills and I was playing with randoms most of the time. The rooms were just for fun and leveling, but when a red box drop, it was a fucking free for all. I don't remember anyone having problems with this, it was just the way it was.

And even when playing solo I often have that second of "oh shit red box" and going directly to it. A reflex really.

Motooni

What's up psoGAF

I will be streaming live from the server at twitch.tv/motooni for the next 3/4/5 hours. It would be fun to play together

Zalusithix

You people and your red box war stories. I had a great experience back in the DC days. Granted I grouped almost exclusively with forum members from where I was at the time, but rares were shared on a need basis. There was no ninja looting.

Xion_Stellar

You people and your red box war stories. I had a great experience back in the DC days. Granted I grouped almost exclusively with forum members from where I was at the time, but rares were shared on a need basis. There was no ninja looting.
Don't get me wrong I respect the dibs law but unless you said something you were pretty much on your own as far as Red Boxes go.

Jackano

What's up psoGAF

I will be streaming live from the server at twitch.tv/motooni for the next 3/4/5 hours. It would be fun to play together

Great run as always!
Never done full tower before, just heard of it. It is indeed difficult even in VH.
Had to figure out what to do against Epsilon but the only con of Phantasmal World was no pipe. Either way we would have managed to clear it in time I think.

The drops weren't great but definitely worth checking out to farm Gibbles, Gigues, Del Lily, Mericarol/Mericus/etc...

thedan001

All this red box looting talk is silly to me, but I do solo while hunting for rares. Never for party loot greed, but moreso because it's such a grind and I don't like asking people to join in and test their persistence

If this was the official servers, fast looters win, of course

But since playing on NeoPSO, I haven't really encountered greediness at all. That's why I enjoy playing on this server after all. When a red box drops, at least whoever can use it gets priority from what I've experienced playing with gaffers

Usually when someone is hunting for a specific rare and others join in, it helps when you give a heads up what you are after, never had issue when I do this

I've been giving away common-medium rares too anyhow, I have lv25+ techs and plenty of 9* star rares, if you're new and want some good starting equipment, find me

EDIT: I just tried 1 run of dangerous deal with black paper 2, got divine protection unit... 2x luck stat + ELT/EDK+20, nice stuff, gonna farm more photon crystals haha, I think version 1 drops better stuff from EP1 altho, I might try my luck for handgun:milla

Motooni

Had epic games yesterday, running with Neon, Lyriam and Frosty in Ult Ruins and Jackano in Phantasmal World. Good running with Tom and "Me" too, hopefully we'll do more runs soon. Leveled up a ton thanks to other players, got great support and great chat.

Jackano

Had epic games yesterday, running with Neon, Lyriam and Frosty in Ult Ruins and Jackano in Phantasmal World. Good running with Tom and "Me" too, hopefully we'll do more runs soon. Leveled up a ton thanks to other players, got great support and great chat.
To make further discussion about what was going on in the lobby before I quit yesterday:

I finally looked up online a thing that haunted me for years.
I didn't found anything outside language packs which isn't what we're talking about here: French naming of items and boss in Episode 4.

So I guess it's worth something knowing that for PSO fans here :)
Several new items and the three boss forms have names based on french words.
The fun part are the boss really, who have great wine names:

Kondrieu => Condrieu, which is both a village and a wine from the same area;
Shambertin => Chambertin (same)
Saint Milion => Saint-Emilion, which is probably the most known.

Some new items names have more logical names (not wine ones), like Mille Marteaux (One thousand hammers), Lame D'Argent (Silver Blade), Le Cogneur, "Rouge" series, Rage de Feu, etc...
Sure there is many japanese names too in Ep1 and BB but it wasn't less of a surprise for a japanese game and the nature of the items.

Always bugged me to know how much PSO fans were aware of that, and if there is a developer story behind that.

Zalusithix

To make further discussion about what was going on in the lobby before I quit yesterday:

I finally looked up online a thing that haunted me for years.
I didn't found anything outside language packs which isn't what we're talking about here: French naming of items and boss in Episode 4.

So I guess it's worth something knowing that for PSO fans here :)
Several new items and the three boss forms have names based on french words.
The fun part are the boss really, who have great wine names:

Kondrieu => Condrieu, which is both a village and a wine from the same area;
Shambertin => Chambertin (same)
Saint Milion => Saint-Emilion, which is probably the most known.

Some new items names have more logical names (not wine ones), like Mille Marteaux (One thousand hammers), Lame D'Argent (Silver Blade), Le Cogneur, "Rouge" series, Rage de Feu, etc...
Sure there is many japanese names too in Ep1 and BB but it wasn't less of a surprise for a japanese game and the nature of the items.

Always bugged me to know how much PSO fans were aware of that, and if there is a developer story behind that.

This morning a conversation veered to the french side as we wondered what you thought when you see the foie techs.

SoldatJ

Neo Member
Actually never though about it lol
I just saw a weird arrangement of "fire" word letters without a r but with a o :)

You mean, it doesn't remind you of a delicious food usually made from a certain part of a duck?! Well, I guess it is missing the 'gras' part.

On a different note. I tried looking into the Technique name origins, but there doesn't seem to be any official statements by Sega. The best explanation I could find was from an old forum post talking about a Phantasy Star II translation, found here. The technique names might be of German origin, according to their research.
フォイエ(Foie)   Feuer("Flame" in German)
バータ(Barta)   Water(German pronunciation of the English word "water". "Wasser" is the actual word for water in German)
グランツ(Grants)  Glanz("Flash" in German)
デバンド(Deband) Die Wand("The Wall" in German)
メギド(Megid)  Should probably be "Megiddo"
リューカー(Ryuker) Rückkehr ("Return" in German)

Unfortunately, it doesn't cover every technique. Zonde, Jellen, Shifta, Zalure may forever be a mystery.

Xion_Stellar

Nope isn't that.

Yes, always do.

I'll try to experiment more. Bummer I haven't been able to play yet. I was looking forward to playing this again after so many years.
What anti virus do you have?

FaintDeftone

I actually sorta figured it out. If I run it in window mode it works just fine. Just have to tinker around and figure out why full screen mode bugs out on me.

IceIpor

I actually sorta figured it out. If I run it in window mode it works just fine. Just have to tinker around and figure out why full screen mode bugs out on me.

Fullscreen mode is buggy. Don't use it. Fake fullscreen if you have to.

Borderless Windowed guide:

So i've got the game working fine on Widows 10 in borderless windowed mode (fake fullscreen) alt-tabbing works and no crashes so far.

To do this you'll need:

Windowed Borderless Gaming: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming
Your resolution settings set to windowed at your monitors resolution.

To use:

Launch PSO in windowed mode at you monitor's resolution.
Launch Windowed Borderless Gaming
Click the icon in the taskbar and choose add window.
Switch to PSO and press F3.

All done!

You may have to repeat this each time you play.

thedan001

Thanks everyone who ran with me, it was a fun PSO binge today, just couldnt stop playing, haha

Also appreciate the trades as well!

Did few dark falz and 1 ogla flow both in ultimate with a group, no red ring or parasite cell: flow (yet)

Zalusithix

Well PSO on the road isn't going to work out. Connection flipping between 3G/4G and dropping out all together. I guess it'll have to wait for testing tonight where I'm no longer moving. So much for road dragons. ;)

thedan001

Well, I found a frozen shooter with 50/0/30/0/15 that I would like to replace my snow queen with

Any ranger's trying to upgrade to snow queen, I'll trade my snow queen 40/40/0/0/0 for half the pd cost of photon crystal (x25)

Let me know if anyone is interested, its a good way to get snow queen for cheap

Tumo

Well, I found a frozen shooter with 50/0/30/0/15 that I would like to replace my snow queen with

Any ranger's trying to upgrade to snow queen, I'll trade my snow queen 40/40/0/0/0 for half the pd cost of photon crystal (x25)

Let me know if anyone is interested, its a good way to get snow queen for cheap

Would love it but only have 3 pds at the moment!

Motooni

Really good runs tonight with SoldatJ and Lyriam on Claire's Deal 4 looking for a Lame. In about 20 runs we found 3 V101s, a V502, a Vivienne and some other rares. No Lame yet though. My Oran RAmarl will live in episode 4 now because of drops. Hopefully I get better at soloing it, I know Lame will take a while to find and I plan to grind it out. Then there's just the problem of finding a Spread Needle...

thedan001

Really good runs tonight with SoldatJ and Lyriam on Claire's Deal 4 looking for a Lame. In about 20 runs we found 3 V101s, a V502, a Vivienne and some other rares. No Lame yet though. My Oran RAmarl will live in episode 4 now because of drops. Hopefully I get better at soloing it, I know Lame will take a while to find and I plan to grind it out. Then there's just the problem of finding a Spread Needle...

I'm in the process of improving my arsenal with better %'s, I managed to find a great frozen shooter so spread needle farming is in my to-do for this week

If I find a better one for myself, feel free to take my older one as a hand me down, it has 30% machine % if I remember right

I'm finally at the point where soloing ult ruins isn't a headache anymore at least

Motooni

I'm in the process of improving my arsenal with better %'s, I managed to find a great frozen shooter so spread needle farming is in my to-do for this week

If I find a better one for myself, feel free to take my older one as a hand me down, it has 30% machine % if I remember right

I'm finally at the point where soloing ult ruins isn't a headache anymore at least

That would be wicked helpful, my purple HUcast is a long way off hunting a spread needle. I got him to 75 today by fighting Dragon 500 times in very hard, but I need a break from that now. The grind...

Top Bottom