• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Remix 2 |OT| The lost levels.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, from Nintendo UK's twitter:

Know your #Metroid in #NESRemix 2

BmU85k3IUAAhSJJ.jpg
Almost seemed thread worthy, but figured might be better to post here.

plc268

Downloaded this Friday but just started playing it now. Love it, just like the first on. Warios Woods had me thinking "what the fuck is going on" for a while and judging by the Miiverse posts, I'm not alone.

I'm surprised there's so much hatred for Wario Woods.

Then again, I grew up on that game... well the SNES version anyway. It was the first game I cleared all the challenges for. It's a simple game really, but it's not really a game that lends itself well to a challenge format. Neither is Dr. Mario, for that matter. I think if people sat down with the full version of Wario Woods, they might appreciate it more, especially if they like puzzle games.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Funny how everyone approaches the 11th stage of Kirby's Adventure the same way when there is a much easier and quicker method to do it. Saying that even I am guilty of using to suck and spit method the first time round.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Funny how everyone approaches the 11th stage of Kirby's Adventure the same way when there is a much easier and quicker method to do it. Saying that even I am guilty of using to suck and spit method the first time round.

There is? That one took me quite a few tries using the normal method.

I'm surprised there's so much hatred for Wario Woods.

Then again, I grew up on that game... well the SNES version anyway. It was the first game I cleared all the challenges for. It's a simple game really, but it's not really a game that lends itself well to a challenge format. Neither is Dr. Mario, for that matter. I think if people sat down with the full version of Wario Woods, they might appreciate it more, especially if they like puzzle games.

I don't hate it. I just didn't have the faintest fucking clue what I was doing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought beating Super Luigi Bros got you a stamp. Or was I meant to beat the 2nd quest?

There is? That one took me quite a few tries using the normal method.
Just swallow an enemy for the hammer power and whack away.

I thought beating Super Luigi Bros got you a stamp. Or was I meant to beat the 2nd quest?

Just swallow an enemy for the hammer power and whack away.

You do. Just go back to the main game and play any stage, you'll get your stamp after that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You do. Just go back to the main game and play any stage, you'll get your stamp after that.
Oh thank goodness for that. I was worried I'd have to do it all over again. Was concern that because I used the hold A to continue trick it wouldn't count.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For some reason I decided to see how fast I could complete the Whispy Woods Remix challenge. Got it down to 12 seconds. There is obviously some sort of trick to manipulating Whispy's attacks so I wonder if it is possible to get an even faster time.

E-phonk

Banned
Been playing this yesterday - never played NES remix 1, but damn these challenges are fun.

The difference in my results with the games I played 20-25 years ago, and those that I didn't is also amazing. I don't think I'll be able to rainbow star all of the levels without practice.

Next year snes remix please!

Kouriozan

Slowly 100%ing the game, about 430+ stars for now and it's way easier than the first game for sure!
So I'll go back to finish NES Remix 1 once I'm done with this one.

i literally may have a nostalgic heart attack upon seeing a SNES remix.

You...literally? This needs to stop.

I am about halfway through the game. Rainbowed every level for Wario's Woods except the last, spent about half an hour altogether trying. Uhg. Everything else is an absolute joy though!

You...literally? This needs to stop.

Oh c'mon it's fine. This is the dumbest thing to be pedantic about...they're obviously using "literally" to emphasize the absurdity of having a heart attack over a video game. What do you want them to say, they'll "figuratively" have a heart attack?

Off topic I know, but as a lit student I can't help but police the grammar police sometimes.

terrisus

Oh c'mon it's fine. This is the dumbest thing to be pedantic about...they're obviously using "literally" to emphasize the absurdity of having a heart attack over a video game. What do you want them to say, they'll "figuratively" have a heart attack?

Off topic I know, but as a lit student I can't help but police the grammar police sometimes.

Who will police the police of the grammar police?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Already hit 99999 points and I haven't even beaten every challenge yet. So much easier than NR1 HA HA.

Thinking about getting Wario Woods on the VC. I have the SNES version on cart, but I miss the bosses from the NES version that I used to play as a kid.

Robin64

Got rainbow stars on every level earlier. Just got to beat Luigi Bros now

I don't know why I haven't been able to do this. I fly through Super Mario Bros. normally, but Super Luigi Bros. is giving nothing but trouble.

It doesn't help that whenever I stop, the screen appears to start scrolling the normal SMB way, too. Mindfuck.

Top Bottom