• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Remix |OT| Not the Same Games, Not the Same Content

Played a quick 30min before bed, loving it. Sorta was hoping for a bit more.... thorougher (?) Miiverse integration with high score tables and stuff. Maybe there is and I just didn't find it yet. *shrugs*

Either way, gonna be playing more tomorrow for sure before everything gets spoiled. :p

Lijik

The GCCX episode for this is so good!

iNevN6PsSz3mu.gif

It was really cute, I loved Arino's godzilla pose in the VS images before the games

Oh wow. Waking up to this news is quite nice as I love this kind of stuff. Started to get anxious because I wasn't sure when it was coming out, and confused as to why the OT was up so soon for something I've never heard of before....but then I read that it releases today! Nintendo loves these fun surprises.

Zomba13

Just played a bit. It's pretty fun. There is an eshop option from the game so probable DLC in the future. Would be nice to see them do a remix game for SNES and 64 if this does well for them.

Would be even better if they had the full version of each game included but no way would Nintendo do that.

Timeaisis

Wait...this is available already? Huh, that's cool. Announce it the same day you release it. Classic Nintendo.

Might pick this up later today.

I'm actually really liking this so far. Nice little surprise from Nintendo. I think $10 might be a liiiiittle more reasonable for what you're getting, but I just started playing so maybe I'm wrong there.

They should make a series out of this

NES REMIX

SUPER REMIX

REMIX 64

Ooooh man I hope so.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any word on when you unlock additional games & remixes? I've got about 70 stars already & cleared about half of Remix 1.

OmegaFax

They read them to each other and laugh while lighting cigars with the $$$ we threw away on each of their VC releases.

I always thought that those Nintendo Club surveys were like what the Dharma Initiative did in Lost. They're just vacuum tubed into a giant pile somewhere on the island.

CrisKre

This is seriously awesome. Very addictive, the jump between all 15 games makes it super enjoyable, and the music has a cool Nintendo land feel to it. Love it! What a cool surprise!

stuminus3

Yay, a much better thread and the OP title is actually funny.

Would I be right in saying the format of the game is closer to something like Rhythm Heaven than to WarioWare, punctuated by remix stages? Not the actual gameplay, obviously, just the format.

OK, I've only played some SMB and DK levels, but I can tell already that this game rocks. Keep the Miiverse stuff on, seeing other people's times will make you want to try to beat their records.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd be all over this if I knew about the length of the game. It looks like it's one that could be completed in 2 hours.

Damaniel

Banned
Seems like a decent (and fun) idea, but the price is a little steep. Of course, I've paid more for less, so I'll probably pick it up anyway...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, game's worth 30 coins on Club Nintendo. Now I'm only 55 coins short of the Luigi statue!

khaaan

$15? $2.99 or bust.

Cool concept though, I'm sure people who are into this style of game and find it worth the money will enjoy it.

cacildo

im sorry to be the broke guy... again. But this was already too expensive when i thought it was $10

Will buy it when its on sale..... or club nintendo reward

Eric C

I just one someone to confirm that the games look good on a TV, as opposed to that god-awful NES VC Wii U filter. (Not saying these are just modded VC games mind you, but Luigi Bros. made me sad)

It's not a "filter", its just shitty job in emulation and representation. It's so disappointing how the NES VC titles look versus SNES VC titles when gauging the output on the WiiU. NES games are dim, fuzzy, and muted to hell. It's like they just didn't give any fucks. A complete night and day difference when you compare something like Balloon Fight to F-Zero on the WiiU...

I have been trying desperately to do my part by sending them feedback in the Club Nintendo surveys but they probably don't read that shit.

If you play the same NES VC games in Wii mode on the same Wii U they don't have that blurriness. So I think it'd be strange if Nintendo didn't make the blurriness on purpose for the Wii U's NES emulator.

Personally I'd be shocked if it WASN'T a filter to mimic the blurriness of hooking up an actual NES via coaxial cables to a 1980s TV set.

I just wish Nintendo put an option somewhere to turn it off.

Top Bottom