• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Remix |OT| Not the Same Games, Not the Same Content

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
This thing is actually really nice.

The mindfucks in some of the later remix stages are pretty good too.

Robin64

Mario 3D World influence! This Remix stage of Mario Bros. acts as if you have the double-cherry powerup. Controlling both Marios at once!

zlCfzRQpRqQGoIjK1q

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can anyone confirm how lengthy this game is?

Mario 3D World influence! This Remix stage of Mario Bros. acts as if you have the double-cherry powerup. Controlling both Marios at once!

That's pretty cool!

I've been enjoying games with arcade-style scoring and challenges lately, and I really like 8-bit Nintendo visuals. I think I'll buy this game.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Can anyone confirm how lengthy this game is?

I don't think anyone has played far yet. But some thoughts:

- There's 16 total NES games, unlocked in batches as you gather stars
- Each set has a tower of remix stages, the first remix tower has about 25 stages
- Each individual game has between 10-25 stages. Each stage can have multiple sub-stages, such as 3, 4, or 5.
- Replaying stages and beating your own times earns more bit points (bit... coins?) towards the 100 unlockable stamps.

The difficulty ramps up towards the end of the first set of 6 games. So far it doesn't seem like a 3-hour experience. May depend on whether you are motivated to get all the stamps, which will require replaying stages to perfect scores and earn bit coins.

Shame they don't have it on 3DS as well. :(

At first I thought that each game got a remix and that they were EACH $15 which seemed insane (but not unexpected from Nintendo, haha). Was happy to find out it was a collection of all of them.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
It's pretty fun, I just wish there was multiplayer competitive scoreboards..

Andrew.

Banned
This shit is fucking awesome. Came home on my break to download it. Unlocked Remix Stage 2 and did a couple of the SMB1 levels. Sogood.gif.

The whole presentation is just really nice, clean and simple. I love the screen that pops when you load it up. Would love it as a wallpaper.

I can already tell this game is gonna get the best of me trying to triple star every level, as I can also already tell that later stages are going to get bonkers.

Is there really no Pro C support?

At first I was like "that is so stupid" that they would waste their time with this.
Then I realized this is work of what? 3 to 5 people inside Ninty? So I was fine with it.
But $15?! That`s not Ok guys. You could get some of the best games of this year with that amount.

Teknoman

NES Remix: For the OCD/ADD kid in all of us.

Happy Holidays,

Nintendo

And purchased.

At first I was like "that is so stupid" that they would waste their time with this.
Then I realized this is work of what? 3 to 5 people inside Ninty? So I was fine with it.
But $15?! That`s not Ok guys. You could get some of the best games of this year with that amount.

If its addictive and fun as people are saying, I dont see a problem. Thats about the going price of most digital only games isnt it?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This looks really fun, just wish it was $10 instead of $15.
So do I but what's an extra $5 really? I spend that without thinking on other things but somehow I always pause when it comes to game purchases. Starting now I'm changing that thinking and just enjoying myself.

It's pretty fun, I just wish there was multiplayer competitive scoreboards..

If you press the right analog stick left and right, you can scroll through Miiverse posts on that challenge and see people's times.

Seriously, turn on Miiverse for this game and post too!

Andrew.

Banned

Thing is, this could easily shape up to be one of the better titles of 2013. For 15 bucks its totally worth it to me for the amount of content you get level and difficulty wise. It can also be seen as a damn good party game and a hell of a drinking game.

And stamps. Stamps, motherfucker.

This one goes up there on my "If you're gonna get a U, you need to get ____" list.

Any tips for Wrecking Crew Stage 10? Can't get 3 stars for shit - it's the only stage that's given me such difficulty thus far. Never played the game in the past so I'm probably missing something..
Edit: Yep, didn't realize I could step out of the way after hitting dynamite lol

_Ryo_

I can't help but say this.

This would be the perfect kind of mobile game.

Also, it would have been even more great if Nintendo teamed up with Sega for this.

batbeg

Sitting at 153 stars, having cleared Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr/Remix I and playing bits of Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros., Zelda, Balloon Fight and Excite Bike. I need to go to bed but...

As far as content concerns are going I've spent 3 hours with the game so far. If someone's claim earlier of there being 200 stages then that would imply 600 stars and I'm only a quarter of the way there, with having only rainbow starred maybe a fifth or less of the levels. I'm not concerned about this being sub-10 hours, plus I'm sure some of my friends and family will get a kick out of it when I show it to them, further solidifying it's value.

Also, it would have been even more great if Nintendo teamed up with Sega for this.

Yeah, I would LOVE to play all those oldschool precise controlled games on my shitty touch screen.

Can't believe they didn't make it an optional or even forced control scheme for optimal game length.

Nosgoroth

What.

This REQUIRES buttons more than anything else.

Why do people keep saying this? Ever played League of Evil? Dpad, two buttons, twitch platform gameplay, works perfectly with touch controls.

I have. Let's just agree to disagree.

Somewhat unrelated but, after seeing the trailer for this game... i remember how much i dislike playing games that don't fill up the whole screen. Would it be too difficult for Nintendo to release official 16x9 versions of their classic games?, Super Mario Bros for example?, because i'd buy them in a heartbeat.

_Ryo_

Can we stop pretending that mobile always = phones without physical controls? When I say mobile I mean a game that is, well, mobile. Be it on the 3DS or an Xperia Play. And gamepads work with Android.

Moosehole

Can we stop pretending that mobile always = phones without physical controls? When I say mobile I mean a game that is, well, mobile. Be it on the 3DS or an Xperia Play.
Change scares people. Especially when it comes to Nintendo. Profitability be damned!

Penguin

Can we stop pretending that mobile always = phones without physical controls? When I say mobile I mean a game that is, well, mobile. Be it on the 3DS or an Xperia Play. And gamepads work with Android.

I think it would work well on the 3Ds, but maybe they'll think of doing an original GameBoy version.

Could alternate releases between handheld and console versions.

Without physical controls, this could be an absolute nightmare to play.

Also, if on mobile, you'd get one stage for free and the rest locked away at a cost.

So, no. GAME does not equal MOBILE.

Teknoman

Well when most developers say mobile, they mean phones. Handheld = 3DS etc.

Also, did u guise know that you can actually get physical controllers for phones that have buttons?

OMG

Did you know that right now, they are $99 add-ons that apparently aren't that great, and face the same problem as any other add-on in that developers might not support them?

OHNOEZ

Bog

Junior Ace
Also, did u guise know that you can actually get physical controllers for phones that have buttons?

OMG

Guise.

And yeah, most of those controllers are great and definitely not clumsy and shitty. Hell, why bother. More people have a 3DS than have an overpriced piece of garbage controller for their phone.

Back on topic, I can't wait to get home and download this. I love surprise releases.

Haines

Banned
Things are going incredibly off topic in this thread.

I assume mostly from people who want to play this but dont have a WiiU

Top Bottom