• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix close to securing Full House sequel series titled Fuller House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

Jodie-Sweetin.jpg

Sure why not.

Fladam

I love Full House for many reasons. One is how nearly every major character had a catch phrase. It was common in the 80s/90s for sitcoms to have catch phrases, but Full House took it to another level with some characters having more than one phrase.

• Michelle
    • You got it, dude!
    • You're in big trouble, mister!
  • Stephanie
    • How rude!
  • DJ
    • Oh, Mylanta!
  • Joey
    • Cut. It. Out!
  • Jesse
    • Have mercy!

Danny and Becky are the only ones to not have a catch phrase, but ironically had a fictional catch phrase associated with their talk show: "Wake up, San Fransisco!"

If I remember, DJ said "THANKYOUTHANKYOU THAAAANNNK YOU" multiple times.

oh god my life

HylianTom

Banned
I like this. I hope it comes soon.. 1990s nostalgia will be very useful in about 18 months. :p

But they'd better keep the font.

I never really watched Full House. Was it actually good, or just a cheesy show we make fun of?

Doesn't exactly have the same reverence as something like Fresh Prince.

bryehn

If this went a Modern Family or Arrested Development route it could be interesting. The parody writes itself.

That one got dropped fairly early, but she definitely said it multiple times. :p

Huh. Learn something new everyday. =)

Oh BTW, I totally had no idea Candace Cameron was related to Kirk Cameron while the show was on. I'm really glad she didn't shit up the show with fundamentalist Christian zealotry like her brother did.

Busty

Banned
netflix needs to settle down, no one wants this garbage

I think you'd be surprised.

Middle America might just lap this stuff up.

Grown Ups 2 made over $100m in the US, those people, as an audience, are out there.

This could surprise a lot of people in terms of how 'successful' it is for Netflix.

Shouta

I can't tell if you're making a jesse and the rippers joke (as they were #1 in japan*) or if the show was popular in japan

*kills self for remembering this information.

It was pretty popular in Japan because it was really family friendly and had humor that, for the most part, could be easily understood even when translated. Situation was interesting too, 3 men and 3 girls to raise?

I'd watch this. Especially since they seem to be bringing back most of the original cast and crew. They should get Elizabeth Olsen to play Michelle. She looks just like her sisters but is a much better actress.

So where will the kids be today? Will DJ be a religious nut, will Stephanie be a recovering meth addict? Will Michelle finally be revealed as an alien? If the Olsens aren't coming back that could be the cover for them not showing up, they've gone home to their home planet of Troldolpia.

I'd watch this. Especially since they seem to be bringing back most of the original cast and crew. They should get Elizabeth Olsen to play Michelle. She looks just like her sisters but is a much better actress.

Not really, granted the Olsen twins were still pretty young so it could work but she looks a lot better along with being a much better actress but she has an active acting career.

Akahige

Sounds fucking terrible, Full House was a show you only watched out of boredom.

I watched it a lot and would watch this and hate myself for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom