• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix close to securing Full House sequel series titled Fuller House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remark

Banned
Fuller House......

oh lawd
floyd.png

also if the show must be made it should be about the middle sister.

she had sass.

And a healthy meth addiction to boot.

I can't lie... I'd watch this. I mean, Boy Meets World did absolutely nothing for me, so I ain't watching Girl Meets World. But Full House was pretty much an institution when I was a kid. It helped that it came on right after the Disney afternoon block.

But just a tip for the producers: when you bring back Danny Tanner, please just have him be real life Bob Saget. That would warm the cockles of my heart just so.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
How many people are going to hatewatch this?

diamount

Banned
They were searching for "80's family sitcoms that make people nostalgic." Netflix has metadata that can parse that finely.

They know exactly what they are ordering and who it's for.

But if this show does come to fruition it won't be set in the 80s and with sitcoms these days like Modern Family and Big Bang Theory tastes have obviously changed.

okay...

So long as producing this crap doesn't get in the way original content that actually appeals to me, they should have at it I guess.

Seems like a weird choice though.

If it's self aware, irreverent and vulgar, it could work.

Also get Elizabeth Olsen

Yes. We need Michelle back. But instead of getting dreary-cocaine-addicted, European-billionaire-dating Olsen, we can actually get a good-acting, good-looking Olsen.

And Danny Tanner can be like, a comfortable millionaire now after he sold that big ass San Francisco house. Lots of possibilities for storylines.

No Lori Loughlin? She still looks great at 50:

4smcl6A.jpg

She left Uncle Jesse for Jerry O'Connell.

Netflix going a little too hard now.

A sequel series to Full House in 2015 is a bit too much, especially if you're going to title it Fuller House.

What part of the game is that?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
This is gonna turn out worse than Season 4 of Arrested Development smh

Tobor

But if this show does come to fruition it won't be set in the 80s and with sitcoms these days like Modern Family and Big Bang Theory tastes have obviously changed.

They have shows for people with modern tastes as well. They are building a diverse and wide ranging catalog of original content and all of it is backed by data on what people are watching.

The numbers don't lie. It's why they gave Adam Sandler a multi picture deal. We don't want it, but other people do.

diamount

Banned
They have shows for people with modern tastes as well. They are building a diverse and wide ranging catalog of original content and all of it is backed by data on what people are watching.

The numbers don't lie. It's why they gave Adam Sandler a multi picture deal. We don't want it, but other people do.

Movies are a completely different beast. Shows based on shows from over 30 years ago have no guarantee to have the same success.

Slacker

Wiki'd the middle kid cause I was trying to remember what was up with her (I remembered drugs and lots of them were involved). She hosted a show called Pants Off Dance Off where people stripped on TV to try and win $200? Wow. All these years I thought she didn't have any success after Full House. :)

Firebrand

Full House of Cards

Really though, Kimmy Gibbler is who you bring back? Not even the characters on the show liked her.

MollyWhomp

Neo Member
I love Full House for many reasons. One is how nearly every major character had a catch phrase. It was common in the 80s/90s for sitcoms to have catch phrases, but Full House took it to another level with some characters having more than one phrase.

• Michelle
    • You got it, dude!
    • You're in big trouble, mister!
  • Stephanie
    • How rude!
  • DJ
    • Oh, Mylanta!
  • Joey
    • Cut. It. Out!
  • Jesse
    • Have mercy!

Danny and Becky are the only ones to not have a catch phrase, but ironically had a fictional catch phrase associated with their talk show: "Wake up, San Fransisco!"

jett

D-Member
Seriously? They're gonna hire Bob Saget despite him having raped and murdered a girl in 1990?

They should find a way to get Sasha Mitchell and Jaleel White to appear, seeing how Step by Step and Family Matters are in the same universe.

On the other hand, both Barber and Cameron look really good for their age.

fullhouse8f-4-web.jpg

In my head these two are still BFF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom