• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

fenners

YES!, though skip the last....

Also Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated season 2 got added, so if you like Scooby Doo, watch this series.

Mystery Inc is really good fun. My kid son got into it & I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's got a two season story arc, characters grow/change in meaningful ways, and it's got a great villain, and a bunch of nice spoofs/homages to classic movies/horror etc. It stays faithful to the idea of the episodic monster of the week being just a normal bad guy while playing around with the story arc.

It's weird to say all that about Scooby Doo but I thoroughly dug it. I ended up buying Season 2 on DVD because I couldn't wait for it to come onto Netflix ;)

any good horny /comedy/horor/B movies? canadian netflix?

Tucker and Dale vs Evil. One of the better movies I've seen in the past few years. It's like a horror / B movie but hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdNpFoWrBDQ

iB4OTSo530Dkv.jpg

RedAssedApe

Banned
rewatched gattaca...again highly recommend this to any sci-fi lovers :)

jude law, ethan hawke, and uma thurman are all good in this

DagsJT

The Netflix "captions blocker" completely disables all yellow Netflix subtitles/closed captions.

This works on all Netflix regions, with all subtitle languages and on all devices.

Particularly useful if you want to watch a movie from a different region, and don't want the annoying captions getting in your way!

Subtitles/captions which are in white will always remain visible, as they are encoded onto the movie or TV show itself. Typically these are the ones you'll see when a character isn't speaking english. You can turn it on and off right next door to the region switcher.

One thing to note - you must restart the streaming again after changing this setting!
​

Enjoy!

http://support.unblock-us.com/custo...0388-introducing-the-netflix-captions-blocker

amrod

The Netflix "captions blocker" completely disables all yellow Netflix subtitles/closed captions.

This works on all Netflix regions, with all subtitle languages and on all devices.
http://support.unblock-us.com/custo...88-introducing-the-netflix- captions-blocker

Using on Brazil to watch eps of fresh prince... Works great

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Using on Brazil to watch eps of fresh prince... Works great

Holy shit is Fresh Prince on Brazil netflix? Moreflicks.com doesn't list it. I'm going to have to check this out to make sure.....

-edit-
Holy shit it is. Only the first three seasons though. How reliable is moreflicks.com?

About 45 minutes into Close Encounters of the Third Kind and it is pretty much unwatchable. Does it ever get less boring than watching paint dry? How is this always ranked so highly as one of the greatest films ever? I saw Bad Grandpa earlier this year and this shit makes that look oscar worthy

May not be the right thread to ask this in but my US Netflix (im in the UK) has stopped working and i now get a stream.help TV notification. I've tried a few other DNS settings but nothing.

This happening to anyone else?

amrod

Holy shit is Fresh Prince on Brazil netflix? Moreflicks.com doesn't list it. I'm going to have to check this out to make sure.....

-edit-
Holy shit it is. Only the first three seasons though. How reliable is moreflicks.com?

It's way out of date I think... They never update it

Bleepey

May not be the right thread to ask this in but my US Netflix (im in the UK) has stopped working and i now get a stream.help TV notification. I've tried a few other DNS settings but nothing.

This happening to anyone else?

You have to get adfreetime or something like it. :(

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Rapture-Palooza (Comedy)
Short Poppies Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
Turbo FAST: Comedy, Action (TV, Kids)

Canada:

Act of Valor (Action, Thriller)
Apollo 18 (Horror, SciFi)
House, M.D. (TV, Drama)
Promises (Documentary, Social)
Rookie of the Year (Family, Comedy)
That Thing You Do! (Comedy)
The Inexplicable Universe with Neil deGrasse Tyson (TV, Documentary, Science)
The Internship (Comedy)
The Shield: Season 7 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Tomb Raider (Action)
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (Horror, Comedy)

Riki

Added today:

Rapture-Palooza (Comedy)
Short Poppies Season 1 (TV, Comedy)

Canada:

Act of Valor (Action, Thriller)
Apollo 18 (Horror, SciFi)
House, M.D. (TV, Drama)
Promises (Documentary, Social)
Rookie of the Year (Family, Comedy)
That Thing You Do! (Comedy)
The Inexplicable Universe with Neil deGrasse Tyson (TV, Documentary, Science)
The Internship (Comedy)
The Shield: Season 7 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Tomb Raider (Action)
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (Horror, Comedy)

This show is actually pretty damn good! I know it's a kid's show and all, but I've been enjoying it. Glad to see more episode are up.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
That's shit. Is there a similar site that compiles a list of everything on all netflix regions and is up to date?

The Netflix region link in the OP. When you scroll all the way to the bottom, click "older posts" and then they have two lists: by year (when they went up) or by alphabetical order. Just a heads up though, it crashes on Firefox (at least on my end). Make sure you are in the right region. The link in the OP takes you to the Sweden list/updates.

Wawahead

What's up with this incredibly annoying "auto-correct" going on in the netflix search now? It is pissing me off to no end.

Start typing a movie, whoops! Sorry, netflix thinks it knows what I'm searching for and starts deleting letters, changing the words all together. Is there a way to turn this shit off?

Fevaweva

I don't suppose anyone knows a chrome extension that allows me to watch American Netflix? I live in the U.K. and the one I was using previously has decided to go pay monthly

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I wanted to stop in and say this:

I love Netflix. Absolutely. It is what I envisioned cable to evolve into. You pay a price monthly, and get a list of shows and movies that you can watch without commercials. There's SO much content that looks interesting, and I can watch them whenever I get time to. It's fantastic.

However, my kid watches the same 20 episodes of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND...

C'mon PBS. Give Netflix some more shows. My kid can only watch Dinosaur Train and Daniel Tiger so much. I might be forced to turn him into a brony soon!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Coming April 15th:

Samurai Jack
Edge of Seventeen
How Much Do You Love Me?
Bliss

22nd-29th:

30 Days S1
The Benchwarmers
Freedomland
Backdraft

May 1st:

The Big Chill
Bed of Roses
Friday the 13th: Part 7: The New Blood
Federal Hill
007: For Your Eyes Only, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, Live and Let Die, A View to a Kill, Never Say Never Again
Fido
Revenge
Forrest Gump
St. Elmo's Fire
Hook
All I want
The Living Daylights
Tortilla Soup
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
The Big Hit
Top Secret
School Daze
Terror of Mechagodzilla
Godzilla vs Mothra
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Godzila's Revenge
Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster
Fantastic Voyage
Paper Moon
Rodan
Ichi the Killer
Richard Pryor: Live on the Sunset Strip
Sneakers
The Incredible Melting Man
Diggstown
Single White Female
Boy's Don't Cry
Kill Bill: Vol 1/2
Candyman
Cursed
The Jewel of the Nile
Knucklehead
Heavy Metal
The Human Stain
Kiss the Girls
The Buddy Holly Story
The Legend of Drunken Master
That's What I am
Bram Stoker's Dracula

I wanted to stop in and say this:

I love Netflix. Absolutely. It is what I envisioned cable to evolve into. You pay a price monthly, and get a list of shows and movies that you can watch without commercials. There's SO much content that looks interesting, and I can watch them whenever I get time to. It's fantastic.

However, my kid watches the same 20 episodes of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND...

C'mon PBS. Give Netflix some more shows. My kid can only watch Dinosaur Train and Daniel Tiger so much. I might be forced to turn him into a brony soon!

I have the same problem. My daughter watches the same episodes of Disney XD shows over and over. The "Kid's Menu" for Netflix straight-up sux - it's hard for kids to navigate and see what's all available, plus there's barely any recommendations going on. The scroll bar on the top with all the character icons isn't very helpful.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Sweden:

The Hangover Part 3 (Comedy)

UK:

D3: The Mighty Ducks (Family)
How Stella Got Her Groove Back (Romantic, Comedy)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (Family, Adventure)
See No Evil, Hear No Evil (Action, Comedy)
Soul Food (Drama)
Stand by Me (Drama)
Stripes (Comedy)
Tarzan (Family, Animated)
The Crow: Salvation (Thriller, Fantasy)
The Thin Red Line (Drama, Military)
Wall Street (Crime, Drama)
White Men Can't Jump (Comedy)
Wing Commander (Action, SciFi)

Mexico:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ('05, Family, Adventure)
Dinner for Schmucks (Comedy)
Dr. Dolittle 2 (Family, Comedy)
Hide and Seek (Thriller)
Kung Fu Panda 2 (Family, Animated)
Moulin Rouge (Romantic, Drama)
No Strings Attached (Romantic, Comedy)
Reel Steel (Action, Drama)
RoboCop 3 (Action, SciFi)
She's Out of My League (Romantic, Comedy)
Super 8 (Action, Thriller, SciFi)
Taxi Driver (Crime, Drama)
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (Action)
The Uninvited (Thriller)
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Action)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Coming April 15th:

Samurai Jack

May 1st:

The Big Chill
007: For Your Eyes Only, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, Live and Let Die, A View to a Kill, Never Say Never Again
Forrest Gump
St. Elmo's Fire
Fantastic Voyage
Ichi the Killer
Bram Stoker's Dracula

Always wanted to watch these, especially the Kill Bills!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Always wanted to watch these, especially the Kill Bills!

In the case of the 007 movies, and (maybe) Fantastic Voyage, watch them before the month is over. They are on some stupid month in, month out schedule.

Edit- Also, anyone know when Jak comes back from his ban?

In the case of the 007 movies, and (maybe) Fantastic Voyage, watch them before the month is over. They are on some stupid month in, month out schedule.

Edit- Also, anyone know when Jak comes back from his ban?
I think next month? It was a 3 month ban I believe. I think around the nfl draft? I'll ask him when I see him in irc

Schlep

Maybe you should add Hulu Plus. Lots of PBS Kids content. Also, if you have a Roku, there's some free PBS Kids content on their channel.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Weird. The shitty syndication opening for House changes to a DIFFERENT shitty syndication opening like halfway through the first season.

May 1st:

The Living Daylights
Top Secret
Paper Moon
Ichi the Killer
That's What I am
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Is anyone else still having quality issues with Netflix via Fios? I thought that Netflix and Verizon had reached some sort of agreement weeks ago, but the situation hasn't improved. Most shows start off in crappy 240 - 480 quality, and stay there for minutes before improving to 720 -1080, but I'll also see it revert back to low-quality in the middle of the show at random times. (I was watching one of the big scenes in season 4 of the Tudors which featured a CGI siege bombardment of a city, and it was 240 the whole time.) And God forbid I miss a line and have to back up more than a few seconds, because then it reverts to SD for up to four or five minutes.

I know this is sort of a "first world problem", but it really takes me out of a show or movie when I find myself thinking, "Still SD...still SD...now it's HD...HD...oops, back to SD...SD...HD again now..."

So has there been any official word on this situation lately? The only news articles on this seem to date from February.

edit: I'm watching on my PS3, and Amazon streaming is fine.

Coming April 15th:

Samurai Jack
Edge of Seventeen
How Much Do You Love Me?
Bliss

22nd-29th:

30 Days S1
The Benchwarmers
Freedomland
Backdraft

May 1st:

The Big Chill
Bed of Roses
Federal Hill
Fido
Revenge
Forrest Gump
St. Elmo's Fire
Hook
All I want
The Living Daylights
Tortilla Soup
The Big Hit
Top Secret
School Daze
Terror of Mechagodzilla
Godzilla vs Mothra
Godzila's Revenge
Fantastic Voyage
Paper Moon
Rodan
Ichi the Killer
Sneakers
Diggstown
Single White Female
Boy's Don't Cry
Candyman
Cursed
The Jewel of the Nile
Knucklehead
Heavy Metal
The Human Stain
Kiss the Girls
The Buddy Holly Story
That's What I am
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Who the hell controls the Bond licences? They must be the most schizophrenic person in the world.

I tried watching FFVII: AC on Crackle the other day, couldn't finish. I have no idea how I dealt with the abject stupidity of these plots when I was younger.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Coming April 15th:

Samurai Jack
Edge of Seventeen
How Much Do You Love Me?
Bliss

22nd-29th:

30 Days S1
The Benchwarmers
Freedomland
Backdraft

May 1st:

The Big Chill
Bed of Roses
Federal Hill
Fido
Revenge
Forrest Gump
St. Elmo's Fire
Hook
All I want
The Living Daylights
Tortilla Soup
The Big Hit
Top Secret
School Daze
Terror of Mechagodzilla
Godzilla vs Mothra
Godzila's Revenge
Fantastic Voyage
Paper Moon
Rodan
Ichi the Killer
Sneakers
Diggstown
Single White Female
Boy's Don't Cry
Candyman
Cursed
The Jewel of the Nile
Knucklehead
Heavy Metal
The Human Stain
Kiss the Girls
The Buddy Holly Story
That's What I am
Bram Stoker's Dracula

Is that Incredible Melting Man the MST3K episode or the unriffed movie?

Top Bottom