• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Excellent. I kinda liked the first season. Not the greatest thing in the world, but hopefully the improve on it.

The first season wasn't bad IMO. The only thing that got me was there was a span of 4 or 5 episodes where nothing at all happened. It ended with enough promise that I'll check out season two though.

zou

I'm impressed with how Netflix keeps coming up with ways to fuck their apps/interface even further. The latest ipad version is a fucking joke: episode lists show 3 1/2 episodes before you have to scroll, the play button target could hardly be any smaller and the whole app is slow as fuck. And is if that were not enough, you also have to deal with their shitty, slow animations, when the app isn't lagging.

What's sad is that they their UI as a competitive advantage...

[/rant]

Vyer

I'm impressed with how Netflix keeps coming up with ways to fuck their apps/interface even further. The latest ipad version is a fucking joke: episode lists show 3 1/2 episodes before you have to scroll, the play button target could hardly be any smaller and the whole app is slow as fuck. And is if that were not enough, you also have to deal with their shitty, slow animations, when the app isn't lagging.

What's sad is that they their UI as a competitive advantage...

[/rant]

I definitely agree with the listing stuff. They need to expand the pop up if they are going to put that much space in the general information across the top.

I haven't really noticed much of a lag problem though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

16 Acres (Documentary, Political/911)
A Fantastic Fear of Everything (Indie, Comedy)
A Farewell to Fools (Indie, Drama, Crime, Foreign)
A Teacher (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Season 2 (TV, Animated, Comedy)

Ben 10 Season 2-3 (TV, Kids)
Ben 10: Alien Force Season 3 (TV, Kids)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Breathless (Drama, Crime, Foreign)
Burnt Money (Drama, Romantic, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
Chowder Season 2 (TV, Kids)

Christian Finnegan: The Fun Part (Standup)
Cow and Chicken Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Dexter's Laboratory Season 3-4 (TV, Kids)
Dude. What Would Happen? Season 2 (TV, Kids, Science)
Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy Season 3-4 (TV, Kids)
Edge of Seventeen (Comedy, Gay & Lesbian)

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Hannah Arendt (Drama, Foreign)
How Much Do You Love Me? (Comedy, Romantic, Foreign)
Interior. Leather Bar (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Iris: The Movie (Thriller, Foreign)
Johnny Bravo Season 2 (TV, Kids)

Laurence Anyways (Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Leprechaun (Horror, B-Horror)
Leap Year (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Midway to Heaven (Family, Comedy, Romantic)
Mother of George (Indie, Drama, Romantic)

My Gym Partner's a Monkey Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Nazi Hunters Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
Powerpuff Girls Season 4 (TV, Kids)
Rebel Music (TV, Documentary, Music)
Robot Chicken (TV, Animated, Comedy)

Samurai Jack Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Show Me Love (Romantic, Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
The Boondocks Season 2 (TV, Animated, Comedy)
The Grime Adventures of Billy and Mandy Season 4 (TV, Kids)
The Last Gladiators (Documentary, Biographical/Chris "Knuckles" Nilan)

The Living End (Indie, Comedy, Romantic, Gay & Lesbian)
The Venture Bros Season 2 (TV, Animated, Comedy)
The Witnesses (Romantic, Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign
Time to Leave (Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)

Trap for Cinderella (Indie, Drama, Thriller)
Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (Drama, Foreign)
Wrong Cops (Indie, Comedy)
Zaytoun (Indie, Drama)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Canada:

30 Days of Night (Horror, Supernatural)
A Girl and A Gun (Documentary, Cultural)
A Fantastic Fear of Everything (Indie, Comedy)
A Teacher (Indie, Drama, Romantic)
Angels & Demons (Crime, Thriller)

Ballplayer: Peloter (Documentary, Sports)
Catch and Release (Comedy, Romantic)
Christian Finnegan: The Fun Part (Standup)
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Family, Animated, Comedy)
Elon Gold: Chosen and Taken (Standup)

District 9 (Thriller, SciFi)
Downloading Nancy (Indie, Drama, Thriller)
Drool (Indie, Comedy, Gay & Lesbian)
Edge of Seventeen (Comedy, Gay & Lesbian)
Edi & Thea: A Very Long Engagement (Documentary, Social)
Fate/Zero (Anime)

Forks Over Knives (Documentary, Social)
Forks Over Knives - The Extended Interviews (Documentary, Social)
From One Second to the Next (Documentary, Cultural)
Geography Club (Comedy, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
House of Lies Season 2 (TV, Drama, Comedy)

Julie & Julia (Comedy)
Lakeview Terrace (Crime, Thriller)
Leap Year (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
Made of Honor (Romantic, Comedy)
Malibu Shark Attack (Horror, B-Horror)

Michael Jackson: This Is It (Documentary, Music)
My Lucky Elephant (Family, Adventure)
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist (Romantic, Comedy)
Obessed (Thriller)
Paul Blart: Mall Cop (Comedy)

Peter and Vandy (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Quarantine (Horror, Zombie)
Seven Pounds (Drama)
Step Brothers (Comedy)
Surf's Up (Family, Animation, Comedy)

Taxi Zum Klo (Comedy, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
TEDTalks: Trust Me (TV, Documentary, Science)
The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day (Crime, Thriller)
The Greatest Miracle (Animated, Faith)
The Final Girl (Drama, Gay & Lesbian)

The Frozen (Indie, Horror, Romantic)
The Living End (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
The Skinny (Indie, Drama, gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
The Taking of Pelham 123 (Crime, Thriller)
The Ugly Truth (Romantic, Comedy)

True Legend (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (Action, Fantasy)
Vantage Point (Action, Thriller)
VeggieTales: Esther, The Girl Who Became Queen, St. Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving, It's a Meaningful Life (TV, Kids, Faith)
VeggieTales Classics: Where's God When I'm Scared (TV, Kids, Faith)
Young Justice Season 1 (TV, Kids)

About time Turner got more seasons of the Cartoon Network stuff up there. It's still way behind (why bother incrementally releasing seasons of a show that you no longer air, like Samurai Jack or Johnny Bravo?) but it's better than not having them.

There are some good movies in the added today lists. Unfortunately I think I've already seen every one in there I would want to watch. I'll probably watch Underworld: Rise of the Lycans again though...I've already watched all of them in the series a few times so one more won't hurt.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm going to try and make things easier for Canada Netflix gaf to get the info they want faster (this will also help those with VPN's). As opposing to having to backtrack through posts. So from now on, this post (#13) will have Canadian recently added content.

I'm going to PM a mod to see if they could delete the posts before it, so that it will be post #2.

Fox Mulder

The fact that Netflix paid Comcast (who I have the unfortunate pleasure of having to use) and still aren't the best is sickening...

that really sets a shitty precedent as well. Having to pay ISPs to not throttle usage for your customers is awful.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I don't know when it happened, but Mystery Incorporated (the new animated Scooby series) finally got the second season. Kind of stoked, so my kids can watch it.

fenners

I don't know when it happened, but Mystery Incorporated (the new animated Scooby series) finally got the second season. Kind of stoked, so my kids can watch it.

Went up this month. I ended up buying the DVDs last summer as I couldn't wait ;) It gets weirder, more of the on-going arc mixed with some really good movie nods (love the Twin Peaks ones especially).

zert

Just watched The Crash Reel (Netflix Mexico). Amazing documentary.

The Crash Reel tells the story of a sport and the risks that athletes face in reaching the pinnacle of their profession. This is Kevin Pearce’s story, a celebrated snowboarder who sustained a brain injury in a trick gone wrong and who now aims, against all the odds, to get back on the snow.

RU1Pzxr.jpg

So many emotions.

GI Joe Retaliation was rather enjoyable. Was expecting pure trash but got a fun action movie. The Rock is a charismatic fellow, and it's always good to see Ray Stevenson (Rome) as a villain. Ninja stuff was cool too. Probably an 8.0. Not as bad as the reviews painted it out to be.

Enjoyed it more than Short Term 12. Which I found to be depressing and boring.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I watched Insidious 2. I didn't like it. I thought they were trying to hard to be clever. It wasn't as scary as the first one. The dad was creepy in the majority of his scenes. Overall, I think this should be skipped.

I watched Insidious 2. I didn't like it. I thought they were trying to hard to be clever. It wasn't as scary as the first one. The dad was creepy in the majority of his scenes. Overall, I think this should be skipped.

Agreed, the first one felt so novel and genuinely frightening, but I wasn't scared of the sequel at all. Felt like a rehash of the first one. Not enough of a new story.

Fox Mulder

GI Joe Retaliation was rather enjoyable. Was expecting pure trash but got a fun action movie. The Rock is a charismatic fellow, and it's always good to see Ray Stevenson (Rome) as a villain. Ninja stuff was cool too. Probably an 8.0. Not as bad as the reviews painted it out to be.

Enjoyed it more than Short Term 12. Which I found to be depressing and boring.

I liked it and never saw the first. The Rock can save anything.

i dunno guys, The Rock is awesome but he had a LOT to carry as the only charismatic guy on that bland as hell team. the rest was just unmemorable. It's a step up from the Rock-less first movie though. it's got that going for it
it's pretty shit. I liked the first one ok but this wasn't that scary. too over the top, but not in a camp-entertainment way.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Agreed, the first one felt so novel and genuinely frightening, but I wasn't scared of the sequel at all. Felt like a rehash of the first one. Not enough of a new story.

it's pretty shit. I liked the first one ok but this wasn't that scary. too over the top, but not in a camp-entertainment way.

It wasn't only that it felt more of the same, but the ghost/demon thing wasn't anywhere near as interesting as the demon from the first one. The first one had a better atmosphere and was creepy.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Elon Gold: Chosen and Taken (Standup)
Far Out Isn't Far Enough: The Tomi Ungerer Story (Documentary, Biographical)
Here Comes the Devil (Horror, Foreign)
Me Late Chocolate (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Night Train to Lisbon (Thriller, Foreign)
Rising from Ashes (Documentary, Sports/Cycling)
Scoop (Indie, Comedy, Thriller)
The Eagle (Action, Thriller)
The Family (Action, Comedy)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Internship (Canada) was a lot better than I thought it would be. It looked like it was going to be crap in the previews (to me) but, I ended up enjoying it.

I have to agree. I was iffy on it because of the previews. It is a nice 'fee' good movie. A little formulaic at times, but I was laughing throughout the movie. Really the only part I didn't like was when Lyle is first introduced to the group. Definitely recommend it.

Agree. I'm not sure if I think it should be skipped but, if you go in thinking it will be as good as the first you'll be massively disappointed. I don't think a movie like Insidious can have a good sequel. If it can, it is really hard to get it right because almost all movies like it have crap sequels.

No idea when it was added but checked out Rapture Palooza last night. Chock full of recognizable comedians and actors and they all held their own but it was definitely a bit odd. Overall it was entertaining but really uneven.

Also watched The Family. Pretty good but not great. Some strange shifts in tone thoughout the movie but good performances from a stacked cast. What comedy there is is definitely darker in nature. If you're interested in this one at all, I'd suggest you check it out when you have nothing else to do or as a second screen viewing really (meaning a kind of background watch while you're doing something else).

When I use the Netflix app on my iPad to cast an episode to my PS3, it doesn't automatically continue with the next episode when the credits start rolling, like Netflix normally would. I have to start it manually. Is it designed like that or am I missing something?

When I use the Netflix app on my iPad to cast an episode to my PS3, it doesn't automatically continue with the next episode when the credits start rolling, like Netflix normally would. I have to start it manually. Is it designed like that or am I missing something?

All the mobile apps stop after a single episode. Only the PC and the Box versions (Consoles, Roku, Blu Ray players, etc...) do that.

zert

Maybe I wasn't in the mood or I did something wrong but I thought Insidious is one of the worst movies I've seen. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed Drag Me to Hell.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
i dunno guys, The Rock is awesome but he had a LOT to carry as the only charismatic guy on that bland as hell team. the rest was just unmemorable. It's a step up from the Rock-less first movie though. it's got that going for it.

I have to agree here. I saw it over the weekend. Dwayne is the only thing the movie has going for it. It was weird not seeing him in his hulk size.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A.N.T. Farm: Season 3 (TV, Kids)
Charlie Countryman (Indie, Crime, Drama)
Danny Deckchair (Indie, Comedy)
From One Second to the Next (Documentary, Social)
Gold Rush: Season 3 (TV, Reality)
Instructions Not Included (Indie, Drama, Comedy, Foreign)
Jailbait (Thriller)
On the Job (Crime, Thriller, Foreign)
On the Other Side of the Tracks (Action, Comedy, Foreign)
The Players (Comedy, Foreign)

I watched The Frozen last night. It's OK. I found it really predictable and the actors kind of sucked but, it's not a terrible movie. I can't recommend watching it though.

the+frozen.jpg

Kaladin

I watched Frozen last night. It's OK. I found it really predictable and the actors kind of sucked but, it's not a terrible movie. I can't recommend watching it though.

I watched Frozen earlier this week. While it was predictable, I found it enjoyable. I especially liked the musical aspect of it. It was good.

Sorry guys and gals, I meant The Frozen. The Disney movie Frozen I have not seen yet. I will have to at some point though because the family is all about it.

I'll just offer an apology, blame it on on a case of the Mondays, and move on...lol.

Top Bottom