• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Hey GAF
Can I get some good horror/sci-fi type movie recommendations from the past year or so?
Cheers

I watched Hachi today on netflix.

Dem feels ;_;

Lol, they had this on a flight to Japan I was on a few years back.
Some guy in the seat in front of me watched it three times through the journey, and cried at it every time :lol

Started watching LilyHammer. Just finished episode 4, its somthing different and like it so far. Haven't seen many people talk about it

Lillyhammer is a really unique show. I'm in mid-season 1 and loving it. The blues-based guitar soundtrack (played by Van Zandt) is excellent. Unfortunately it's one of those shows people start watching when they've seen "everything else".

Blablurn

Hey GAF
Can I get some good horror/sci-fi type movie recommendations from the past year or so?
Cheers

Lol, they had this on a flight to Japan I was on a few years back.
Some guy in the seat in front of me watched it three times through the journey, and cried at it every time :lol

:lol

Lillyhammer is a really unique show. I'm in mid-season 1 and loving it. The blues-based guitar soundtrack (played by Van Zandt) is excellent. Unfortunately it's one of those shows people start watching when they've seen "everything else".
Haha sadly this is why I started watching it haha. But really like it so far, on about episode 5/6 I think

jakncoke

Banned
Watched Twelve and Holding this morning, thought it was pretty good. Shown how a group of friends who i assume were 12 and how they handled their life around the stories plot.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bettie Page Reveals All (Documentary, Biographical)
Copper Season 2 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Mis Peores Amigos: Promedio Rojo el Regreso (Comedy, Foreign)
Mixology Season 1 (TV, Comedy)

jakncoke

Banned
Yea, it was alright. It felt kinda pointless because the interviewees didn't provide much insight and the conversations didn't really go anywhere. It was nice to see Bruce Campbell and RedLetterMedia's Mr. Plinkett in it though.

Yeah it wasnt too interesting, that survivalist made me laugh "the liberals are going to be the ones that turn into the zombies"

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Copper Season 2 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me (Documentary, Biographical)
Faust (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Gambit (Action, Comedy)
Hava Nagila: The Movie (Documentary, Social)
Hey Bartender (Documentary, Biographical)
Marvel's Avengers Assemble Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Mauvais Sang (Drama, Romantic, SciFi, Foreign)
Tarzan 1/2 (Family, Animation)
Witches of East End (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
XXX: State of the Union (Action, Thriller)

Canada:

Hava Nagila: The Movie (Documentary, Social)
Hey Bartender (Documentary, Biographical)
Rock of Ages (Romantic, Comedy, Musical)
The Amazing Spider-Man (Action)
Witches of East End (TV, Drama, Fantasy)

Mexico:

Ayahuasca: Vine of the Soul (Documentary, Faith)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Romantic)

Ireland:

Tron: Legacy (Action, SciFi)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Expiring July 1st:

Spaceballs
Night of the Living Dead ('90)
The Running Man
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Nip/Tuck
Spider-man Unlimited
Lars and the Real Girl
Jeff, Who Lives at Home
Freedom Writers
Rocky 1/2
The Terminator
Killing Zoe

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Damn, lots of stuff expiring that day. Also fom my list:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Comic Book Villains
Gattaca
Party Monster
Private Parts
ALL of the Rocky movies
Taxi Driver
The Vicious Kind

jakncoke

Banned
Expiring July 1st:

Spaceballs
Night of the Living Dead ('90)
The Running Man
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Nip/Tuck
Spider-man Unlimited
Lars and the Real Girl
Jeff, Who Lives at Home
Freedom Writers
Rocky 1/2
The Terminator
Killing Zoe

lol just as i was thinking about nip/tuck marathon in the coming months it leaves lol

The Killing season 4 is coming August 1st, Its worded strangely though, is there any word on if it'll be all at once or slowly released? "Season 4 begins August 1st" Maybe its just a play on words like The Killing begins August 1st. idk

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Killing season 4 is coming August 1st, Its worded strangely though, is there any word on if it'll be all at once or slowly released? "Season 4 begins August 1st" Maybe its just a play on words like The Killing begins August 1st. idk

It's all episodes at once.

C4Lukins

Also expiring: every James Bond movie except Skyfall

What is the reasoning they have behind these contracts? Does MGM or whoever owns the Bond license think that people will only have time to watch a few films and then will purchase the other films when it goes down?

Do they just want the constant announcements of Bond being pulled and put back up to keep the franchise in the minds of people during off new film years?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I honestly think its a long running gag between Netflix and whoever holds the license.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it is to keep the franchise in peoples mind, but also have a shot at movie sales.

Top Bottom