• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

thenexus6

Late to the party but I started watching House of Cards last week. Just started season two today. This is awesome. The breaking of the fourth wall with Kevin Spacey is so so good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The interesting thing about Death Note for you anime fans out there, this is the first time a Viz property has shown up with the dub track intact. Most of Viz's big works showed up on Netflix a few years back (Death Note included) but only had the original Japanese audio.

As a fan of dubs in general and Death Note's in particular this is an exciting turn of events.

jakncoke

Banned
TV Junkie was decent enough, fascinating and just wow at this

On Oprah, Kirkham said he was a functional addict, and that he would smoke crack at night instead of sleeping, remaining high for about six hours, and report for work at Inside Edition two hours later. Kirkham went days without sleep during this time. He said he once interviewed President George H. W. Bush while high on crack; the subject was drug abuse.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Was using "Max" on the Playstation 4 app this weekend. Gotta say, this is my favorite new way to use Netflix. It turns the sometimes frustrating task of finding a flick actually fun. The recommendations have been pretty good so far.

As far as I know, it's only available on the American feed via Sony platforms right now but I'd love to see this more widespread on other devices and regions.

Also watched JFK: The Smoking Gun and this is easily the most fascinating doc I've seen in years. I won't spoil anything but it has me pretty much convinced of who fired the killing shot in '63. Riveting stuff!

If it wasn't Woody Harrelson's dad I'm calling bullshit.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Canada:

Chernobyl Diaries (Horror)

Mexico:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 (TV, Drama)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Is this any good? Or at least is it Marvel-y. Like does it feel like a comic book tv show and not just a normal show with the name slapped on.

I think it is one of the shows that would benefit from binge streaming. I think it is a comic book show. Based on what my friend has told me.

Is this any good? Or at least is it Marvel-y. Like does it feel like a comic book tv show and not just a normal show with the name slapped on.

I felt it was good the whole way through but there are plenty of people who felt like it was too slow for the first half of the season. Pretty much everyone agrees though that the last 6-8 episodes are great though. If you don't like the slow pacing, at least Netflix enables you to push through rather than waiting week after week, so that should help in that regard.

The other thing about the show is it's undeniably Whedonesque, so if you're a fan of Buffy, Angel, Firefly, or Dollhouse.. then you'll enjoy it. If you don't like those shows.. well you'll probably be annoyed by the show. Especially first half of the season.

Kaladin

Just finished Orange Is The New Black Season 2. I'm really enjoying this season.

I liked V as a villain...
.and the way they finally had her get hers in the end, marvelous.

Piper couldn't be more of a fucking idiot though....I mean really....fucking idiot.

I'm looking forward to the next season. I'm kind of hoping they kill Piper and continue the show without her, because the other characters are more interesting.

jakncoke

Banned
Was browsing the independent and they have a thing with 8 shorts from festivals, made me think of a lacking market netflix has for short movies on netflix.

Vyer

It's the feature that automatically plays the next episode of a TV series without you having to push anything. IT's been on PS3 and Xbox for awhile, but not on Android or Chromecast. They added to the Android app this week, but it won't work on chromecast yet.

Also been on iOS for a while.

Not familiar with MAX though. Have to check that out.

The show never really feels connected to the marvel universe outside of slapping some minor characters and names on it. Show was terrible and becomes tolerable by the end. I would never describe any part of the show as good though.

Jimothy

World War Z felt like a non-movie. Like, I forgot almosteverything about it the moment I closed out of the stream. The only memorable part is the Israel sequence, and that's only because it's basically pro-Zionist propaganda masquerading as an action set piece. I thought it was going in a completely different direction when Brad Pitt asked the dude why they built the wall. I was expecting him to say something about Israelis being so good at building walls because they have a lot of experience keeping the Palestinian hordes out of their country, but noooope it's because of the Holocaust and Arabs being really mean to Israel all the time. I mean hell, the movie version of Israel even lets in poor Arabs to save them because Israel would never ever build massive walls around their cities to keep non-Israelis out! Much compassion, so generosity. Also let's not forget who it was that attracted the zombies over the wall; it was those damn shifty Arabs and their weird chanting that did it! The shit these poor Israelis have to put up with...

agents of shield is pretty bad. spend your time on a better show :D

How far did you get into the series?

I only got about 6 or so episodes in and gave up. But after Winter Soldier hit I caught the rest of the season and the last stretch was really damn good. It starts mediocre, but damn did it get better at the end.

How far did you get into the series?

I only got about 6 or so episodes in and gave up. But after Winter Soldier hit I caught the rest of the season and the last stretch was really damn good. It starts mediocre, but damn did it get better at the end.

about the same as you. giving it 6 episodes is pretty generous tbh, I don't have the time or patience to sit through a tv series I'm not enjoying :p

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Almost Human (Indie, Horror)
Eating Out: The Open Weekend, Drama Camp (Indie, Comedy, Gay & Lesbian)
Heartland Season 5 (TV, Drama)
Jane Eyre (Romantic, Drama)
Jimmy P. (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Littlest Pet Shop (TV, Kids)
Madras Café (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
Occupy Love (Documentary, Political)
Rag Tag (Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
We Cause Scenes (Documentary, Cultural)
Wilfred Season 3 (TV, Comedy)

Jintor

Is there an easy way to just purchase a month at a time without giving these jackasses my creditcard to auto-withdraw money every month? I don't use netflix very frequently but every once in a while I have a spare week or so I can watch a bunch of movies.

They removed the gift card option, as far as I can tell.

obin_gam

Is there an easy way to just purchase a month at a time without giving these jackasses my creditcard to auto-withdraw money every month? I don't use netflix very frequently but every once in a while I have a spare week or so I can watch a bunch of movies.

First of all, for all the streaming services out there, Netflix are certainly NOT the jackasses.

Secondly, yep, you can cancel your subscription at any time you want.

Is cancelling that hard? It's a subscription service after all.

Jintor

It's just a pain in the ass to do it every month that I'm subbed for; if I forget, I'm up for another month. Which isn't that bad, but still, I'm trying to watch my budget.

First of all, for all the streaming services out there, Netflix are certainly NOT the jackasses.

Anyone who auto-bills me beyond the period I signed up for is a jackass. Unfortunately, this means everyone is jackasses

I finished Orange is the New Black S2. It was just as good as the first season. I really liked a lot of the story lines they introduced and they kept on with some of the good ones.

The only thing I don't like is
that they're setting up season three to be based on Piper versus Alex and I'm sure it will lead to Alex doing something that lands Piper an extended sentence. Actually I could do without Piper and Alex in general.

Also, how does Boo get 36 prison bitch points? Who in the hell would actually fuck her? Nykki I see. Boo...not so much.

Susurrus

It's just a pain in the ass to do it every month that I'm subbed for; if I forget, I'm up for another month. Which isn't that bad, but still, I'm trying to watch my budget.

Anyone who auto-bills me beyond the period I signed up for is a jackass. Unfortunately, this means everyone is jackasses

You can recancel right after you pay. It will stay active for the month and then stop afterwords.

Kaladin

I finished Orange is the New Black S2. It was just as good as the first season. I really liked a lot of the story lines they introduced and they kept on with some of the good ones.

The only thing I don't like is
that they're setting up season three to be based on Piper versus Alex and I'm sure it will lead to Alex doing something that lands Piper an extended sentence. Actually I could do without Piper and Alex in general.

Also, how does Boo get 36 prison bitch points? Who in the hell would actually fuck her? Nykki I see. Boo...not so much.

I think
women sleep with Boo because A) she's a butch who at least looks like she can provide them with safety and B) she's a sweet talker and C) none of them seem to know Boo will leave them alone when she loses interest

I think
women sleep with Boo because A) she's a butch who at least looks like she can provide them with safety and B) she's a sweet talker and C) none of them seem to know Boo will leave them alone when she loses interest

Makes sense.
They also might be somewhat afraid of her, as butch as she is. She looks like she could whip some ass...too bad she can't.

Started watching LilyHammer. Just finished episode 4, its somthing different and like it so far. Haven't seen many people talk about it

Top Bottom