• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Emmy Nominations are in. I'm just going to post the ones Netflix shows were nominated for. You can find the full list in the Emmy thread.

Its not on Netflix but also nominated for oustanding series - Fargo. I can't recommend that show enough. If you have the means, I highly recommend watching it. It is so choice.

Sorry for the double post, just saw that Out of the Furnace was added today. I just watched this on bluray the other day and I loved it. Woody Harrelson and Bale are great in it. And the movie just absolutely nails the feeling of living in a small industrial town in Pennsylvania (something I'm quite familiar with).

If anyone has recommendations for movies like this I'd love to hear it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Sorry for the double post, just saw that Out of the Furnace was added today. I just watched this on bluray the other day and I loved it. Woody Harrelson and Bale are great in it. And the movie just absolutely nails the feeling of living in the industrial area of Pittsburgh.

If anyone has recommendations for movies like this I'd love to hear it.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to watching this. I love me some Bale and Harrelson.

C4Lukins

Added today:

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa (Comedy)
Alone with Her (Indie, Thriller)
Black Rock (Indie, Drama)
Bottled Up (Indie, Drama, Comedy)
Free Fall (Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
Generation War (TV, Miniseries, Drama)
Genius on Hold (Documentary, Biographical/Walter L. Shaw)
Homefront (Action, Thriller)
I Am Divine (Documentary, Biographical/Divine)
Maidentrip (Documentary, Biographical/Laura Dekker)
Nova: Megastorm Aftermath (TV, Documentary)
Out of the Furnace (Drama, Thriller)
Renoir (Drama, Foreign)
The Believer (Indie, Drama)

Shit gotta check up on Out of the Furnace.

Kaladin

Oh shit!

10520673_752672498124430_7812611316676522118_n.jpg

thenexus6

I watched You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle over the last two days, any other films similar to these on netflix? Light comedy, nice music, romance, 90s, preferable with Tom Hanks.. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to watching this. I love me some Bale and Harrelson.

I watched it last night and thought it was well done. Bale is great in it.

It's not as good as it looks unfortunately. It's not awful or anything...just, I don't know. You'll see what I mean.

Hemlock Grove season 2 is up. I'll be checking it out. The first season wasn't the greatest but, it kept me interested enough to check out season 2.

I watched You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle over the last two days, any other films similar to these on netflix? Light comedy, nice music, romance, 90s, preferable with Tom Hanks.. Thanks!

It isn't 90s or with Tom Hanks, but a fantastic film that hits all those other notes is Say Anything.

sAY5i8l.jpg

John Cusack's best film.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I watched it last night and thought it was well done. Bale is great in it.

It's not as good as it looks unfortunately. It's not awful or anything...just, I don't know. You'll see what I mean.

Hemlock Grove season 2 is up. I'll be checking it out. The first season wasn't the greatest but, it kept me interested enough to check out season 2.

I'm stoked to check out season 2 as well. First season was alright, had some really fucking cool moments but ended on a pretty meh note. Surprised no one has made a season 2 thread yet.

link1201

I'm always amused when people binge watch a fresh season of a show and then are surprised to learn it's going to be another year before the next season comes out.

My wife is this way with every show we watch

I wasn't surprised when I watched the first 2 seasons of Arrow but disappointed. I started watching not thinking I'd get into it but by the end I was hooked and wanted more. :(

In case someone cares a lot, Hannibal on the Canadian Netflix now has subtitles for the first season, at least the episode I watched.

Also Rectify episodes are added each week.

In case someone cares a lot, Hannibal on the Canadian Netflix now has subtitles for the first season, at least the episode I watched.

Subtitles for that show are pretty much mandatory if you don't want to miss any of the beautiful dialogue (some of the best on TV), since some of the (otherwise brilliant) actors have pretty poor diction that makes them hard to follow and understand. You know who they are.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Hemlock Grove Season 2 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
PBS: Held Hostage, Secrets of Selfridges, Secrets of the Tower of London, Secrets of Scotland Yard (Documentary, Historical)
The Power of Few (Indie, Action, Drama)
The Saratov Approach (Drama, Faith)

leakey

Started The Triplets of Belleville last night. Great animation and evokes a lot of emotion in its artstyle. Will look forward to finishing that.

Also, started planning on reliving my childhood Saturday mornings with nature documentaries like The Life of Birds over cereal tomorrow.

Dalek

I wasn't surprised when I watched the first 2 seasons of Arrow but disappointed. I started watching not thinking I'd get into it but by the end I was hooked and wanted more. :(

My wife insisted on us watching all of Orange Season 2 in about 10 days-when it was over she turned to me and asked when S3 would premiere-I said "same time next year-in June." She was floored. This shouldn't be a surprise as I've watched TV with her for 12 years now and we have this conversation on nearly every show she watches.

Guys a quick question. I know is OT but I don't know where to ask. Is anybody not getting 5.1 sound output on PS4 app? It's driving me crazy.

Yeah but I got the USA app since I'm in Spain ( no Netflix here ). Netflix ver. 1.02.
Ah right, pathetically the EU app doesn't have 5.1 as it hasn't been updated while the US has been twice and works fine. Go to the sound output on your PS4 and set it up again, there will be an option to 'force 5.1' which should sort things out for you.

Ah right, pathetically the EU app doesn't have 5.1 as it hasn't been updated while the US has been twice and works fine. Go to the sound output on your PS4 and set it up again, there will be an option to 'force 5.1' which should sort things out for you.

But I got the USA app not the EU one... Also I've been messing with the settings with no luck at all.

Yes I know you do. In the PS4 settings where you select your audio/video output you need to reset it up and a new 'force 5.1' option appears. Have you done this?

I don't see such option in my audio settings...

EDIT : Works now! I just changed the settings to Bitstream ( Dolby Digital ) and restarted my PS4 and it worked. Thanks!

Was Hemlock Grove added to anyone else's list automatically? Its at the top of my list and I never once added that show as I'm not wild about horror stuff and I have no interest in the series.

Top Bottom