• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Nizz

Oh, shit! Unsealed: Conspiracy Files is in there now! Awesome.

But, if I watch it, the Illuminati will know!
Awesome, I love watching this show when I'm flipping around different channels and catching it on Destination America. Now they need to add Mountain Monsters, Monsters & Mysteries in America, When Ghosts Attack, and A Haunting... I watch a lot of these type of shows. 😊

I also wanted to jump in here and thank GK86. This thread is an invaluable source for all the latest updates/happenings. Thanks for helping us to keep up with everything new.

I also wanted to jump in here and thank GK86. This thread is an invaluable source for all the latest updates/happenings. Thanks for helping us to keep up with everything new.

I just want to second this as having this thread as a resource is greatly appreciated.

The master was... well not as good as other PTA movies.

I just couldn't connect with the characters. Amazing acting by everyone but the story just seemed way less engaging than movies like there will be blood or punch drunk love.

I can't even describe why. Freddie was just a horrible dick and unlikable dude.

I liked the beginning but then it kind of goes nowhere. Joaquin's performance pulls the whole thing together and makes it worth watching. I thought Amy Adams was totally miscast. I can't take her seriously in a serious role, she's way too campy. I expected more out The Master after watching There Will Be Blood.

Kaladin

Started two things last night I doubt I'll continue:

Luther:

While it seemed decent, the British accents are thick with this one and it made it difficult to follow at times. I might go back at some point when I'm more awake, but it's hard for me to follow thick British accents like that.

Knights of Sidonia:

I knew going in I wouldn't be a fan because I'm not a fan of mech anime. I figured, what the hell, I'll give it a try anyway. In the first episode alone I saw a lot of the hallmarks of that genre and quickly lost interest.

Started two things last night I doubt I'll continue:

Luther:

While it seemed decent, the British accents are thick with this one and it made it difficult to follow at times. I might go back at some point when I'm more awake, but it's hard for me to follow thick British accents like that.

Knights of Sidonia:

I knew going in I wouldn't be a fan because I'm not a fan of mech anime. I figured, what the hell, I'll give it a try anyway. In the first episode alone I saw a lot of the hallmarks of that genre and quickly lost interest.

I would stick with Luther. The first episode is admittedly very "British crime" in tone, but it gets better & more twisted - trust me.

I'm slogging through Knights and yeah, it's pretty cliche-ridden. It's basically Attack on Titan and Battlestar Galactica. I wish Netflix picked a better anime to put their "original" tag on it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I agree with sticking with Luther. One of the best written shows and they are quick watches too.

I would stick with Luther. The first episode is admittedly very "British crime" in tone, but it gets better & more twisted - trust me.

I'm slogging through Knights and yeah, it's pretty cliche-ridden. It's basically Attack on Titan and Battlestar Galactica. I wish Netflix picked a better anime to put their "original" tag on it.

I agree with sticking with Luther. One of the best written shows and they are quick watches too.

Stop at Season 2, though. Season 3 is like 78% snuff gore horror and then every few scenes Luther shows up and throws something and then it's a dumb ass slasher movie again.

Anton668

weird issue with the PS4 app...

once I start a video, netflix stops recognizing my controller. the video keeps playing but I cant control anything. and last night subtitles froze on screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck...

any ideas?

jakncoke

Banned
Out of the Furnace was an enjoyable movie , but I feel with the cast they had they missed on the movie becoming something that would make lists.

I just want to second this as having this thread as a resource is greatly appreciated.

Yep, you can just see how the thread falls apart when he was banned, it was chaos, anarchy and we were all lost. Stop getting banned!

edit; rip saturday disc delivery, anyone got a recent number how many subs still has the disc delivery and possibly how much its costing netflix to ship. be nice if they focused that money on streaming.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

An American Girl: McKenna Shoots for the Stars (Family, Adventure)
Authors Anonymous (Indie, Comedy)
Baby Daddy Season 3 (TV, Comedy)
Bethlehem (Thriller, Foreign)
Dead in Tombstone (Action)
Inside: Lego (TV, Documentary)
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (TV, Kids)
The Act of Killing: The Director's Cut (Documentary, Social)

Mexico:

Gran Torino (Drama)

Sweden:

Wreck-it Ralph (Family, Animation, Comedy)

Netherlands:

Oliver & Company (Family, Animation, Adventure)
Wrong Turn (Horror)
Thor: The Dark World (Action)
Toy Story 3 (Family, Animation, Adventure)

You guys are most welcome! Glad I could be of help.

Kaladin

Has Netflix streaming in the US just been completely shut out of all major US theatrical releases till they're a year old or so?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I never got around to finishing Hemlock S1, so I started watching again from episode one...rough watch thus far. Up to episode 6 which is where I stopped last time around. Gonna push myself to finish it up.

Vibranium

Banned
Is Netflix Canada ever going to add Season 1 (and hopefully 2 as well) of Arrow? I find it utterly ridiculous that a good amount of the show is filmed in Vancouver (and Amell himself is Canadian), yet the team can't be bothered to put it up for us to watch. Hopefully by the premiere of Season 3 they will have the two seasons up.

At least I can still go through American Netflix to watch S1, but it's still very annoying.

C4Lukins

I never got around to finishing Hemlock S1, so I started watching again from episode one...rough watch thus far. Up to episode 6 which is where I stopped last time around. Gonna push myself to finish it up.

I could not make it 5 minutes into the first episode. The car scene involving cutting and sex was just not my bag.

Enco

I don't know how the do it but the predicted Netflix ratings are really accurate for me.

Everything has been on point. Wish it was better at showing the high predictions.

I don't know how the do it but the predicted Netflix ratings are really accurate for me.

Everything has been on point. Wish it was better at showing the high predictions.

Yeah the star-rating predictions are very good, although the recommendations are strange - why suggest a 2-star movie if they know I'll give it 2 stars?

I stopped pretty early last time, but now I'm getting into it. Just really wanna know what exactly is going on in this show ( story wise I mean) kinda mysterious

Vyer

Really enjoyed The Master. Hoffman and Phoenix are excellent and the film is beautifully shot. There are a lot of different themes you could pull from this and I've enjoyed reading some commentary after I watched it. The thing that jumped out at me was the whole
cult/follower
dynamic and how Hoffman played it here. Read something where that relationship was compared to politics and I thought that was an interesting angle.

Watched Pain and Gain, and then Paranoia yesterday.

Pain and Gain was entertaining. I'm a big fan of Marky Mark and Dwayne Johnson. I thought it was pretty funny and entertaining.

I can honestly say without hesitation, Pain & Gain is one of the worst movies I have ever saw in my entire life.
The entire movie was like Transformers 2 & 3 without the robots & less explosions.

Is there an easy way to pull up all the movies available under a certain genre, for example horror? Sometimes it's a little frustrating how much they hide their content away.

I'm not sure how long this movie has been on Netflix streaming, but has anyone seen The Grandmaster; a story about Ip Man? It doesn't have Donnie Yen in it, but I thought it was pretty good.

Also, I wish there was a way I could check my streaming Netflix settings through Chromecast. I want to know if this is Super HD or not.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Saw Zodiac for the first time over the weekend. Great film with a fantastic ( if underused) cast. Fincher is a helluva director. 5/5

Nyx

All is Lost with Robert Redford also is on Netflix Brazil, it has forced subs though but as there is hardly any dialogue in the movie that doesn't matter.

Really liked it!

I can honestly say without hesitation, Pain & Gain is one of the worst movies I have ever saw in my entire life.
The entire movie was like Transformers 2 & 3 without the robots & less explosions.

I didn't think it was terrible but, when I really got into it was when I realized that it was mostly true. I can't believe someone tried to pull that off. It was more of a, "holy fuck, someone did this" type of enjoyment for me.

I need this. The algorithm used to determine what I'd like to watch is utter crap.

Speaking of crap, the Netflix app on the WiiU is the worst I've ever experience. The 360 app is still the best.

I've used the WiiU app a good bit, I didn't think it was awful. It's the worst of the consoles but, it's better than the Roku experience. But, I also don't like the 360 app as much as the PlayStation ones so our tastes are different.

Also, The Banshee Chapter is a solid horror-esque movie if anyone is looking for one.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I would agree with Wednesday. I thought it was bad. Not the worst movie ever, but definitely bad. The only good part was the Rock and even then it wasn't enough to keep me going.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I just wish there was a way to delete your recently-watched queue. My kids use my wife's old kindle netflix app, which doesn't allow switching between accounts. So I'm looking for where I left off in TNG but nope: Caillou, Care Bears, Mickey and the Beanstalk, ...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Hell on Wheels Season 3 (TV, Drama)
Jack Kerouac: King of the Beats (Documentary, Biographical)
McCanick (Indie, Drama)
The Ballad of Ramblin' Jack (Documentary, Biographical/Jack Elliott, Music)
Weekend of a Champion (Documentary, Sports)

Fuck yes, HoW. Been waiting for S3.

I rewatched "The Day We Left Earth." Great (tv) documentary series on NASA during and after the space race. If you are remotely interested in space, it is well worth the watch.

Hunger Games II was alright. Too long (2 1/2 hours? really?) and the story is still laughably cliche. But the world is pretty cool and there are some great actors namely JLaw.

Worth a watch. The 3rd and 4th movie will probably be a bit better because it seems
they wont have the stupid hunger games

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Gk86 do you recommend giving hell on wheels a watch?

Without question. I think it is in the top 3 of AMC's best shows (Walking dead and Breaking Bad are the other two). The acting/characters are great. You have people you love and people you love to hate. I don't think there is one character that I couldn't stand. The plots/story arcs and set pieces are all well done.

Season 1 was strong. Season 2 is a toss up and depends on the person watching it. Simply because of what happens. But I thought it was a solid season. Probably helps that I could stream the episodes all at once and not have to wait weekly (it starts off slow).

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I just wish there was a way to delete your recently-watched queue. My kids use my wife's old kindle netflix app, which doesn't allow switching between accounts. So I'm looking for where I left off in TNG but nope: Caillou, Care Bears, Mickey and the Beanstalk, ...
I've abandoned my main profile to the kids for this very reason. The default app is now filled with kid shit, while my profile is safely free from all that.

Without question. I think it is in the top 3 of AMC's best shows (Walking dead and Breaking Bad are the other two). The acting/characters are great. You have people you love and people you love to hate. I don't think there is one character that I couldn't stand. The plots/story arcs and set pieces are all well done.

Season 1 was strong. Season 2 is a toss up and depends on the person watching it. Simply because of what happens. But I thought it was a solid season. Probably helps that I could stream the episodes all at once and not have to wait weekly (it starts off slow).
Alright cool, I'll give it a go!

C4Lukins

Added today:

Hell on Wheels Season 3 (TV, Drama)
Jack Kerouac: King of the Beats (Documentary, Biographical)
McCanick (Indie, Drama)
The Ballad of Ramblin' Jack (Documentary, Biographical/Jack Elliott, Music)
Weekend of a Champion (Documentary, Sports)

Fuck yes, HoW. Been waiting for S3.

I rewatched "The Day We Left Earth." Great (tv) documentary series on NASA during and after the space race. If you are remotely interested in space, it is well worth the watch.

Is Hell on Wheels any good. I have yet to meet someone who said, "You need to watch Hell on Wheels."

Top Bottom