• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Asbel

Just watched Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart. Recommended for Tim Burton fans.

Also, Robot and Frank was alright I guess.

I did not like the protagonists in both of these movies. I may even say Frank disgust me if not for the ending. A shame since I would have liked these movies a lot more if they had more likable protagonists. It's like these movies are asking me to like the protagonists, not on merit, but because I should feel sorry for them.

tchocky

Just watched Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart. Recommended for Tim Burton fans.

Also, Robot and Frank was alright I guess.

I did not like the protagonists in both of these movies. I may even say Frank disgust me if not for the ending. A shame since I would have liked these movies a lot more if they had more likable protagonists. It's like these movies are asking me to like the protagonists, not on merit, but because I should feel sorry for them.

I watched Robot and Frank for the first time a few days ago and I agree he was unlikeable. I think pretty much all the characters with the exception of the librarian are pretty unlikeable. I still enjoyed the movie and it least it wasn't another movie showing how cool criminals are instead just kind of pathetic.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Another win for Netflix:

Netflix Makes 4-Pic Pact With Duplass Brothers

As everyone wonders how Ted Sarandos and Netflix will stack up as film buyers at Sundance, Netflix has closed a significant deal with one of the most prolific filmmaking teams here in Park City. Sarandos revealed to Deadline that Netflix has made a four-picture deal with Duplass Brothers Productions partners Mark and Jay Duplass. In the deal, Netflix will finance four movies produced by the brothers, and there will be a short theatrical window before each film will be offered to Netflix subscribers. He wasn’t specific about the films.
The Duplasses have directed/written/produced a bunch of great movies, including The One I Love, Cyrus, The Skeleton Twins, Safety Not Guaranteed, Baghead, and Jeff, Who Lives at Home.

jakncoke

Banned
Safety not guarenteed was decent. Netflix should be a savior for scripts that hollywood wont greenlight. Imagine all the experimental and interesting films just waiting to find a place!

Hey! New to this thread, as I just found out I had Netflix since like, two years ago... >.<
Checked out Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart and I loved it. Fantastic animation with a really interesting tone and story. I really recommend it.

Susurrus

Hey! New to this thread, as I just found out I had Netflix since like, two years ago... >.<
Checked out Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart and I loved it. Fantastic animation with a really interesting tone and story. I really recommend it.

Wait, you've had Netflix for 2 years and didn't know about it?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Interview is up in the US. It's worth a watch, but I thought it was definitely the weakest of the Rogen-Franco movies.

jakncoke

Banned

lol did your apt have it included but forgot to tell you?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Interview is up in the US. It's worth a watch, but I thought it was definitely the weakest of the Rogen-Franco movies.

I really enjoyed it. I thought it was funny too. I haven't seen all their movies, but I think I like this one the best.

Laekon

I've been watching How The States Got Their Shapes. It's been very educational for me, though some of the things they talked about are what makes the states important, rather than how they influenced their borders, like oil in Pennsylvania. There's other things I'd never heard of, like Forgottonia, Dade County in Georgia, and the state of Jefferson.
I've been hooked on the show this week. They seem to start playing around with the format around episode 9 and replaying certain states but it's still entertaining. It's the type of show the History Channel and others like it should have more of.

Aiii

So not worth it
I really enjoyed it. I thought it was funny too. I haven't seen all their movies, but I think I like this one the best.

I like it as well, very funny. But I do think This Is The End was better, regardless the opening scene was brilliant in this.
Eminem killed it. Guy really should do more acting.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I've been watching How The States Got Their Shapes. It's been very educational for me, though some of the things they talked about are what makes the states important, rather than how they influenced their borders, like oil in Pennsylvania. There's other things I'd never heard of, like Forgottonia, Dade County in Georgia, and the state of Jefferson.

I watched some of the series through YouTube and I think it is a great show. Really interesting stuff. I'm fascinated with the state of Jefferson.

I like it as well, very funny. But I do think This Is The End was better, regardless the opening scene was brilliant in this.
Eminem killed it. Guy really should do more acting.

I thought the first half of TitE was great. But the second half fell apart with me. It had some really brilliant scenes though. And I loved the Cera scenes.

The beginning part was amazing. I'm surprised he hasn't to be honest.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Undefeated: This documentary follows around an inner-city football team in Memphis. I loved, loved, loved this documentary. It really strikes a cord with you. Hearing the stories of these young teens and the coach leaves an impression on you. There were a few instances that made me tear up. By the end of the documentary, you can't help but root for them.
I felt bad that they didn't win their playoff game. So close too.

I definitely recommend this documentary. Even if you hate football/sports.

sol_bad

So is anyone here from the Philippines?
I'm here for a business trip and the unit I'm renting has PLDT fibre. Big issues trying to cchange the DNS settings, as soon as I change the number the internet just stops working.

Susurrus

That sounds cool. Is there a version for countries? I'd be more interested in that, though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Ben 10: Alien Force Season 2-4 (TV, Kids)
Iceman (Action)
Lliza Shlesinger: Freezing Hot (Standup)
Morning Star (Action)
Touch of the Light (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)

Xater

So is anyone here from the Philippines?
I'm here for a business trip and the unit I'm renting has PLDT fibre. Big issues trying to cchange the DNS settings, as soon as I change the number the internet just stops working.

If you are on a PC anyway just use Hola. Should work no matter where you are.

The Interview was really funny, for me anyways. It was much better than I thought it would be going in to watch it, given the reception of it. It had parts where it kind of drug along but, in general the wife and I got a good laugh out of it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Django Unchained: I finally got around to watching this movie. Well worth the praise and hype. I thought it was excellent. The acting was amazing. Watch this.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Onimusha: dawn of dreams is actually on netflix, and i dont mean an animated version, its the games cut-scenes made into a movie.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Expiring Feb 1st:

Kingpin
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Jekyll
The Planets
Scrubs
Fawlty Towers
Blood+
Mad Max
Batman Forever

Loved it. Glad you enjoyed it :)

I enjoyed everyone in the film, but man, Christoph Waltz and Leo knocked it out of the park for me.

Slacker

Undefeated: This documentary follows around an inner-city football team in Memphis. I loved, loved, loved this documentary.

I definitely recommend this documentary. Even if you hate football/sports.

FYI the context completely gives away your spoiler.

vatstep

Expiring Feb 1st:

Kingpin
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Jekyll
The Planets
Scrubs
Fawlty Towers
Blood+
Mad Max
Batman Forever
Also:

Adventures in Babysitting
The Burbs
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Nacho Libre
Batman Returns

leakey

Tried out The Interview with my SO yesterday. Damn, that movie is worse than I would have imagined, which was already setting the bar very low.

Watched The Cider House Rules after that, cause I'd been meaning to check it out. Damn good film.

Asbel

I like stupid comedies so The Interview was fun for me. Hell, I liked Anchorman 2 so much I watched the Super Sized version which has one of my favorite lines.
But I don't wanna drink foaming hot horse piss!!!

Django Unchained: I finally got around to watching this movie. Well worth the praise and hype. I thought it was excellent. The acting was amazing. Watch this.

I gave it a shot, it's not for me. I made it to
the point where Don Johnson and his crew screwed up the KKK masks.
At that point I shut it off and watched something else, maybe Vikings I think.

I like stupid comedies so The Interview was fun for me. Hell, I liked Anchorman 2 so much I watched the Super Sized version which has one of my favorite lines.
But I don't wanna drink foaming hot horse piss!!!

I've found that a lot of people (that I talk to in real life I mean) thought it was funny actually. The ones that didn't are the ones speaking up about it, which is usually the case (and why I posted here that I enjoyed it).

jakncoke

Banned
Is bates motel season 2 coming to netflix usa soon? Just seen a commercial about bates motel and it said catch up on netflix before season 3 premiers on march 9th

Yesterday I was a little under the weather and in the mood for something laid-back and non-violent, so I watched Madison, a small town story about hydroplane racing set in 1971. It was just an okay, by-the-numbers, root-for-the-underdog sports movie, but two things were of note:

1. It starred Jim Caviezel as the dad and Jake Lloyd as the son, two actors who both played characters of virgin birth in Passion of the Christ and The Phantom Menace, respectively.

2. Although it was released in 2005, it was filmed in 1999 and the studio kept it on the shelf for six years. Jake Lloyd looked only slightly older, but I thought his performance was much improved over what he did in TPM. I imagine that's due to having one movie under his belt and better direction. It appears Madison was the only other movie he ever did.

I know this is a netflix thread, but I thought I'd come here and tell you guy's to give The Man in the High Castle a chance over at Amazon Prime.... It's probably the best stream-only show I've seen after House of Cards and Transparent.

jts

...hate me...
This used to show the bitrate in Playstation devices IIRC, do you know if they just gimped it?

Watching an WD episode and the quality is quite crappier than usual :/

Although it says 1080.

QUbevAcl.png

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I know this is a netflix thread, but I thought I'd come here and tell you guy's to give The Man in the High Castle a chance over at Amazon Prime.... It's probably the best stream-only show I've seen after House of Cards and Transparent.

I really need to check out Transparent.

Top Bottom