• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

sfedai0

Banned
Alright just tested House of Cards and apparently it will play up to 720p on that show. But New Girl and Cosmos will only play in SD. I tried Firefox and it's the same thing - only certain shows are allowed to play in HD through browsers. I don't have any trouble playing these shows in 1080p on my PS3 though.

I found a Reddit thread that claimed that certain cable companies (mainly Fox they said) will not allow HD streaming via browsers due to lack of DRM compared to apps or devices. That may be why certain shows can't be played in HD on a browser, which kinda sucks.

I dont thinks its a new thing, I get a lot of tv series that play sd on my pc and HD on my TV.

Mindwipe

Anyone else having trouble getting HD video on their browser? I can get HD video on my PS3 but only SD on Chrome, and I even tried using the secret stream menu (Ctrl-Shift-Alt-S). The bitrate I can choose only goes up to 1750, which I believe is only 480p.

Chrome on OSX or Windows?

Also check you have up to date graphics drivers.

jakncoke

Banned
Decided Coach would be my next show to watch. Ive seen plenty of episodes through morning reruns but I havent seen them all and the ones I have seen has been years since viewing them.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Chrome on OSX or Windows?

Also check you have up to date graphics drivers.

On Windows. I'll check my drivers but I'm pretty sure I updated them last month.

I dont thinks its a new thing, I get a lot of tv series that play sd on my pc and HD on my TV.

OK, so clearly this is a thing. Maybe I'll try downloading the Netflix app for Windows 8.1 to see if I can get HD content on my PC.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Google does it as well. When you rent HD movies through Play Store/YouTube, and stream it on your pc, it streams in SD.

rexor0717

Added today:

An American Tail: Night Monster (Family, Animation)
Blood and Ties (Thriller, Foreign)
The Adventures of Puss in Boots Season 1 (Family, Animation, Netflix Original)
The Bag Man (Thriller, Crime)
The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! (TV, Kids)
The Fall Season 2 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)

How do they add an American Tail but not Fievel Goes West? The fuck?

Mimosa97

The Windows 8.1 app won't give you HD either. Not sure why anyone would even use the app in this case.

Why do you say this ?

I can't get HD or Super HD with chrome but i always get HD with the windows 8 app.

But yeah i can only get Super HD with my PS3 which is annoying ...

JLG-

Spartacus the complete series coming to netflix in feb.

edit entire list of what's coming in Feb:

Available February 1st:

Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse (2010)
The Brothers Bloom (2008)
Dark Ride (2006)
Departures: Seasons One and Two (2008-2009)
Gimme Shelter (2013)
Gucci: The Dictator (2014)
Hot Pursuit (1987)
Houseboat (1958)
Into the Blue 2: The Reef (2009)
Joe (2013)
King Arthur (2004)
Magic City: Seasons One and Two (2012-2013)
M*A*S*H: Seasons One-Five (1972-1977)
Naruto Shippuden: The Movie (2007)
NOW: In the Wings on a World Stage (2014)
Proof (2002)
Spartacus: The Complete Series (2010-2013)
We Could Be King (2014)
We’re No Angels (1955)
Zapped (2014)

Available February 5th-10th:

Dead Snow 2: Red vs. Dead (2014):
Blood Ties (2013)
Catch Hell (2014)
Danger 5 (2011)
Dwight Howard: In the Moment (2014)
Elsa & Fred (2014)
Ever After High: Spring Unsprung (Netflix Original, Kids) (2015)
The Little Rascals Save the Day (2014)

Available February 11th-17th:

The Two Faces of January (2014)
The Overnighters (2014)
Mako Mermaids: Season Two (Netflix Original, Kids) (2015)
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (2014)
Save the Date (2012)
Scary Movie 5 (2013)
Young Ones (2014)

Available February 18th-21st:

White Bird in a Blizzard (2014)
Earth to Echo (2014)
The Fluffy Movie (2014)
In Secret (2013)
Richie Rich: Season One (Netflix Original, Kids) (2015)
RoboCop (2014)

Available February 24th-27th:

House of Cards: Season Three (Netflix Original) (2015)
1,000 Times Good Night (2013)
Boys (2014)
Hawaii Five-O: Seasons One-Four (2010-2014)
Open Windows (2014)
Ralphie May: Unruly (Netflix Original) (2015)
Russell Brand: Messiah Complex (2013)

http://decider.com/2015/01/20/whats-new-on-netflix-february-2015/

Susurrus

Seriously ? This sounds pretty cool. How does it work ?

(I'm not american)

US Military overseas have access to the Military Postal System (MPS). MPS is basically an extension of United States Postal System (USPS) where the military picks up the bill to get it from the port in New York/Florida/California to the overseas location.

Mimosa97

US Military overseas have access to the Military Postal System (MPS). MPS is basically an extension of United States Postal System (USPS) where the military picks up the bill to get it from the port in New York/Florida/California to the overseas location.

Oh wow must be nice ^^ I wonder if its the same for all military around the world or only in 'murica.

Thanks to you i learned something new today :)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Houseboat (1958)

Sophia Loren + Cary Grant = *swoon*

Magic City: Seasons One and Two (2012-2013)

This isn't really worth watching. It's a Prestige Drama wannabe and doesn't really have anything to offer besides pretty locations, pretty cars, and occasional nudity.

Spartacus: The Complete Series (2010-2013)

Spartacus returns to Netflix! Fuck yeah!

Mr. Peabody & Sherman (2014)

Boring waste of time. Watch Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure instead.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Just watched The Fall with X-Files lady.

Damn, hoping there's a Season 3. Soo good.

Mimosa97

I've just finished Peaky Blinders. Oh man ...
that ending. Who's the woman ? I bet he won't choose Grace.

One of the best TV shows of the last years. It's going to be a loooooooooooong wait :(

The british are at the top of their game. They've been delivering some of the best shows ever in the last 5 years or so : Sherlock, Luther, Downton Abbey, Black Mirror, Utopia, Peaky blinders etc...

Now i need to finish watching Happy Valley so i can start The Fall Season 2.

DarkFlow

Banned

I used this when I was in Iraq. I ordered a Xbox 1 off Amazon and had it shipped to me. It only took like 2 weeks to get to me in a warzone! This was in 2003 btw.

fenners

I'm halfway through season 2 of The Fall & severely disappointed with it so far :-/ Don't like the change in direction of the main characters & some of the situations/decisions feel completely out of character for what they built up in the first.

I'm halfway through season 2 of The Fall & severely disappointed with it so far :-/ Don't like the change in direction of the main characters & some of the situations/decisions feel completely out of character for what they built up in the first.
Which stuff would you say is out of character?

fenners

Which stuff would you say is out of character?

Major spoilers for season 1 / season 2:

I loved the focus in season 1 on showing him as a family man, the humdrum day to day of living with his wife & kids. I dislike tremendously the relationship with the babysitter. The whole sequence of him stalking Gillian Anderson's character in her hotel room bugged me tremendously. He should be changed from the first season as the noose gets closer around him, but I no longer feel he's believable, consistent, or as /interesting/ - it's turning into just another serial killer cop show and that disappoints after the strength of season 1.

Note, we're about half way season 2.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

3rd World Cops (Comedy, Foreign)
As the Light Goes Out (Drama)
Barefoot (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Doctor Strange Season 1 (TV, Korean)
Fated to Love You Season 1 (TV, Korean)
Open Road (Indie, Drama)
Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Patton Oswalt: Tragedy Comedy Equals Time (Standup)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Thriller, Foreign)

Top Bottom