• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

tchocky

Thanks guys. Hopefully either s2 or s3 isn't too bad. As long as its not a show that was canceled before it could finish I'll keep watching.

If you like season 1 and do dislike the next two, season 4 is a mini reboot to try to get closer to season 1 in tone so maybe still try that when it gets added.

Vyer

I think Winning Time might be my favorite 30 for 30. Doesn't seem to get mentioned much. Such a great series on the whole.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Abducted: The Carlina White Story (Drama)
Amanda Knox: Murder on Trail in Italy (Drama)
America Unearthed (TV, Documentary)
America's Book of Secrets (TV, Documentary)

America: The Story of Us (TV, Documentary)
American Pickers Collection (TV, Reality)
American Restoration Collection (TV, Reality)
Ancient Aliens Collection (TV)

And Baby Will Fall (Drama)
Beyond Scared Straight Season 4 (TV, Reality)
Confucius (Drama)
Counting Cars Collection (TV, Reality)
Dance Moms Collection (TV, Reality)

Double Wedding (Comedy)
Duck Dynasty Collection (TV, Reality)
Gangland Collection (TV, Reality)
Gangsters: American's Most Evil (Documentary)

Gettysburg (TV, Documentary)
History's Mysteries Secret Societies (TV, Documentary)
Hoarders Collection (TV, Reality)
How Sex Changed the World (TV, Documentary)
How the States Got Their Shapes (TV, Documentary)

Ice Road Truckers Collection (TV, Reality)
Intervention Collection (TV, Reality)
Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret (Drama)
Mankind: Decoded (TV, Documentary)

Mankind: The Story of All of Us (TV, Documentary)
Modern Marvels Collection (TV, Documentary)
Mountain Men (TV, Reality)
Obsessed Season 1 (TV, Reality)
Pawn Stars Collection (TV, Reality)

Preachers' Daughters Season 1 (TV, Reality)
Stan Lee's Superhumans Season 1 (TV, Reality)
Shipping Wars Season 1-3 (TV, Reality)
Storage Wars Collection (TV, Reality)
Swap People Collection (TV, Reality)

Top Shot Collection (TV, Reality)
The Big Rig Bounty Hunters (TV, Reality)
The Bling Ring (Drama)
The First 48 Collection (TV, Reality)
The Kennedys (TV, Miniseries)

The Men Who Built America (TV, Documentary)
The Universe Collection (TV, Documentary)
Vietnam in HD (Documentary)
WWII in HD (Documentary)

Nyx

Please post your reaction!

I was indeed speechless, damn!
Also shouldn't have watched the episode so late cause I could not watch ep5 afterwards as i needed to go to bed..

Great series! Can't wait for the final EPs, will see them tonight for sure.

Dalek

I was indeed speechless, damn!
Also shouldn't have watched the episode so late cause I could not watch ep5 afterwards as i needed to go to bed..

Great series! Can't wait for the final EPs, will see them tonight for sure.

My wife was standing up and screaming at the TV at that point-and yes, the way that episode ended was legendary. I can't imagine having to wait a week to have seen what happened next.

Anyone have a good list of movies that are about some badass just kicking everyone's asses and being generally smarter than everyone else?

Something like Taken, Jack Reacher, Shooter, Bourne movies, etc. I just want to watch someone outsmart, out-beat and basically out-awesome everyone else to win.

So, any other suggestions? They don't even have to be great movies, just something fun.

Anyone have a good list of movies that are about some badass just kicking everyone's asses and being generally smarter than everyone else?

Something like Taken, Jack Reacher, Shooter, Bourne movies, etc. I just want to watch someone outsmart, out-beat and basically out-awesome everyone else to win.

So, any other suggestions? They don't even have to be great movies, just something fun.
Dredd

JLG-

Ip Man

Fished up Happy Valley today. Great show. Superbly paced and I can't think of anything that felt unnecessary. Definitely lived up to the hype.

Yay at getting some Ancient Aliens back! I am not much a of a real believer, but when I watch I kinda just go along for the ride. Such a fun show. "Collection" is bullshit though. That's "bits and pieces".

leakey

Finished up Marco Polo this week, which was much better than I had anticipated from the first two episodes. It's like GOT-lite.

purg3

slept with Malkin

The Man from Nowhere or I Saw the Devil. Both are foreign films and both are really good and fit your criteria.

I think they are both still available to stream.

MikeMyers

Nyx

My wife was standing up and screaming at the TV at that point-and yes, the way that episode ended was legendary. I can't imagine having to wait a week to have seen what happened next.

I watched the last two EPs last night, what a brilliant series it was.

jakncoke

Banned
Living on One Dollar was decent, its a documentary where 2 friends go to Guatemala to live like them for a period of time. Its rather interesting in a way that I ask myself what if I had to live that way. Ive been poor by US standards basically all my life but thats still like rich by their standards.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

An American Tail: Night Monster (Family, Animation)
Blood and Ties (Thriller, Foreign)
The Adventures of Puss in Boots Season 1 (Family, Animation, Netflix Original)
The Bag Man (Thriller, Crime)
The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! (TV, Kids)
The Fall Season 2 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)

Just watched Drinking Buddies.

What was that? There was like no real resolution or anything to it. It just felt incomplete. It had a very talented cast, and while the whole set up of it seemed very contrived, it just really went nowhere. I will give it credit for not going for the obvious and cliche ending that I was expecting, but it felt like it really went nowhere, and that is a damn shame because the cast deserved better.

It wasn't bad. It wasn't good. It just was. Which to me is the worst thing, because I cannot feel passionately one way or another about it.

But, on one positive note overall about it, I am convinced Jake Johnson can have chemistry with anything. Between this and New Girl, the man should be a bigger star. Get him in a big romantic comedy for god's sake. I know women who watch New Girl are all about him, and he needs a bigger audience.

Oh, and I am jealous of Jake Johnson's beard. I wish I could grow one that awesome.

Just watched Drinking Buddies.

What was that? There was like no real resolution or anything to it. It just felt incomplete. It had a very talented cast, and while the whole set up of it seemed very contrived, it just really went nowhere. I will give it credit for not going for the obvious and cliche ending that I was expecting, but it felt like it really went nowhere, and that is a damn shame because the cast deserved better.

It wasn't bad. It wasn't good. It just was. Which to me is the worst thing, because I cannot feel passionately one way or another about it.

But, on one positive note overall about it, I am convinced Jake Johnson can have chemistry with anything. Between this and New Girl, the man should be a bigger star. Get him in a big romantic comedy for god's sake. I know women who watch New Girl are all about him, and he needs a bigger audience.

Oh, and I am jealous of Jake Johnson's beard. I wish I could grow one that awesome.

I want to call it a "slice of life" film.. but I know that term is most closely associated with anime and I'm not certain on it's definition in that format... but in regards to this movie.. it's simply a section of the lives of the characters. There's no "resolution" in the standard sense but there's resolution in the sense that the characters have solved thier own interpersonal conflict.

And that's it. Nothing more to it.

I want to call it a "slice of life" film.. but I know that term is most closely associated with anime and I'm not certain on it's definition in that format... but in regards to this movie.. it's simply a section of the lives of the characters. There's no "resolution" in the standard sense but there's resolution in the sense that the characters have solved thier own interpersonal conflict.

And that's it. Nothing more to it.
Which is something I liked, but they still had something more simmering below the surface that didn't go anywhere really.

Eh. It is like Safety Not Guaranteed for me. I am happy that I watched it, but don't feel compelled to ever watch it again.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Really enjoyed Copenhagen. The shots were gorgeous. Gave me a sort of before sunrise, lost in translation vibe. They did a good job of walking that fine line where you buy into the relationship without feeling like the main character is a total creep/pedophile lol. Reminds me a little bit of that Natalie Portman relationship with Timothy Hutton in beautiful girls.

😍 Frederick Dahl Hansen

Wife & I are hooked on Hotel Impossible. That Anthony guy is really something. He's a great motivator and problem solver - it's fascinating to watch.

jakncoke

Banned
My current first top picks are as following

1940 Fantasia
Secret State of North Korea
Pee-Wees Big Adventure
Get Low
Pee-Wees Playhouse
To Be Takei
Fried Green Tomatoes
Portlandia
Peaky Blinders
Cast Away(seems they forgot I watched this as I know i watched it on netflix as a rewatch before)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else having trouble getting HD video on their browser? I can get HD video on my PS3 but only SD on Chrome, and I even tried using the secret stream menu (Ctrl-Shift-Alt-S). The bitrate I can choose only goes up to 1750, which I believe is only 480p.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alright just tested House of Cards and apparently it will play up to 720p on that show. But New Girl and Cosmos will only play in SD. I tried Firefox and it's the same thing - only certain shows are allowed to play in HD through browsers. I don't have any trouble playing these shows in 1080p on my PS3 though.

I found a Reddit thread that claimed that certain cable companies (mainly Fox they said) will not allow HD streaming via browsers due to lack of DRM compared to apps or devices. That may be why certain shows can't be played in HD on a browser, which kinda sucks.

Top Bottom