• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Laekon

Just got finished watching the Interview and I don't think I laughed once. It's not a bad movie it just doesn't seem to be good either. It's odd for something to be so middle of the road.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I rewatched Aladdin, not as great as I remembered it. Genie/Robin was still the best part of the movie.

This used to show the bitrate in Playstation devices IIRC, do you know if they just gimped it?

Watching an WD episode and the quality is quite crappier than usual :/

Although it says 1080.

QUbevAcl.png

I noticed that with TWD a while ago, the quality of the stream seems extremely grainy/artifacted. I assumed it was just a bad transfer or encoding.

jts

...hate me...
I noticed that with TWD a while ago, the quality of the stream seems extremely grainy/artifacted. I assumed it was just a bad transfer or encoding.
Yeah, that's exactly it. Jarring at times.

At least now I know it's the same to others. Thanks, cheers.

Nyx

Yeah, that's exactly it. Jarring at times.

At least now I know it's the same to others. Thanks, cheers.

On the blu-ray it also has grain, it was the choice of the director iirc.

Some want a grain effect to make the image more ''life-like'' and not sterile.

jts

...hate me...
On the blu-ray it also has grain, it was the choice of the director iirc.

Some want a grain effect to make the image more ''life-like'' and not sterile.

I see. It did feel that way at some points.

But I think that the grain effect mixed with Netflix's compression ends up causing an additional unpleasant macroblocking on top of everything, probably not on the blu-ray due to its lower compression. Would have to check the blu-ray for comparison to be sure though.

Nyx

But I think that the grain effect mixed with Netflix's compression ends up causing an additional unpleasant macroblocking on top of everything, probably not on the blu-ray due to its lower compression. Would have to check the blu-ray for comparison to be sure though.

Yeah can imagine that compression makes things even worse!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

It looks really bad on the blu-ray too. There aren't compression artifacts, but the grain looks completely artificial.

PrawnyNZ

According to instantwatcher a new series called K-Pop Extreme Survival has been added, which soiunds intriguing. Anybody seen this?

jakncoke

Banned
"ANOTHER FUCKING DOG?!"

:me

Also anyone ever consider charting entry and expire dates to get some sort of finger/trend on how long certain movies stay for? Some def go faster than others while some at least according to instantwatcher have been there for 3+ years.

Dead Heat also set to expire on the 1st

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Coffee Prince Season 1 (TV, Korean)
God's Gift - 14 Days (TV, Korean)
Good Doctor Season 1 (TV, Korean)
K-POP Extreme Survival Season 1 (TV, Korean)
Repentance (Thriller)
The Hunters (Family)

Kaladin

Added today:

Coffee Prince Season 1 (TV, Korean)
God's Gift - 14 Days (TV, Korean)
Good Doctor Season 1 (TV, Korean)
K-POP Extreme Survival Season 1 (TV, Korean)
Repentance (Thriller)
The Hunters (Family)

Might have a look at the Korean stuff.

Edit: Oh god that looks horrible.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Wet Hot American Summer (Canada): Really enjoyed this comedy. The cast was great. Looking forward to the series now.

I Know That Voice: Interesting documentary into the world of voice acting. It was nice putting faces to some of the familiar voices. If you are a fan of any animated show, I think you would enjoy this.

Vyer

Finally started watching Friday Night Lights. About 11 episodes in now.

I've seen people put this show up there with the greats. It's good, but not at that level. Maybe that changes as the series continues? I don't know.

Also, Minka Kelly isnt very believable.

Finally started watching Friday Night Lights. About 11 episodes in now.

I've seen people put this show up there with the greats. It's good, but not at that level. Maybe that changes as the series continues? I don't know.

Also, Minka Kelly isnt very believable.

I plan on watching it soon too. My parents tell me it gets better around S2-S3 or so. Like way better.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
S2 (and S5) are probably my favorite seasons. I will say, I loved it from S1. So if you aren't really feeling it, I'm not sure how S2 will fair with you.

Do you guys think Adult Swim and Cartoon Network will upload more seasons of their shows? I know the gap between season's 1 and 2 were painfully long, but it seems like they've given up on netflix completely at this point.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^If I'm not mistaken, they added S2/S3's of stuff not too long ago. So it might be awhile before they add another set of seasons.

Nyx

I tried Friday Night Lights awhile back after reading so many positive impressions here, but I couldn't even get past the pilot.

Think I am too old for that now.(or just became a boring person haha)

Vyer

I plan on watching it soon too. My parents tell me it gets better around S2-S3 or so. Like way better.

S2 (and S5) are probably my favorite seasons. I will say, I loved it from S1. So if you aren't really feeling it, I'm not sure how S2 will fair with you.

I plan on watching it through. It's not a bad show by any means, I'm just not really as blown away as I would have expected after some of the praise I'd read. That's why I was asking; maybe it goes to another level in later seasons.

I'm guessing Berg only directed certain episodes?

RPS37

So I finished Season 6 of Sons of Anarchy the other day. What's the best, legal way to watch Season 7? Amazon instant video? Wait for the blu Rays?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

88 (Action)
Days and Nights (Drama)
Ekspeditionen til verdens ende (Documentary)
Gloria (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
Guardian (Action, Foreign)
Mardaani (Action, Foreign)
Money for Nothing (Documentary, Social)
To Russia with Love (Documentary, Social)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Blood+ Part 1/2 (Anime)
Chef (Indie, Comedy)
Beauty & the Beast Season 2 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
Lily's Driftwood Bay Season 1 (TV, Kids)
The Paradise Season 2 (TV, Drama)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

App (Thriller)
Frida (Drama)
Puppylove (Drama, Foreign)
Stephen King's A Good Marriage (Horror)
The Town That Dreaded Sundown (Horror)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Do we know if Netflix is getting any of the other foreign language Oscar noms before the end of next month? They have Ida (which is great!) but I was hoping they'd have a few more by now.

zychi

Banned
Anyway to set netflix to skip intros to tv shows? I dont usually binge besides house of cards, and im so sick of intros now

Top Bottom