• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Only on about ep 8 of Spartacus but one thing I like is
that they developed his character quickly. Didn't spend to long on the wife stuff, and then developed him into a champion quickly. They easily could have spent a whole season with both story lines

Ep 10 spoilers:
fuck they made him kill his best friend :/ , that blonde girl is the worst ;_;

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yeah I enjoyed the show up till season 3, then for whatever reason I havent caught up. Should get on that.

Nice that Leaving Las Vegas is up, havent seen this in awhile

Yea, I go off the deep end when I binge watch shows. Probably to the point of being unhealthy and obsessive. I plowed through all 5 seasons on Netflix in the past week and a half.

parenthood is about to finish its 6th and final season on nbc. might want to wait before you start it up again.

I've just finished off the seasons on netflix but I'm pretty sure the final season on NBC is done and over with. I'm not positive because I don't want to look too close and spoil myself but I did check out the IMDB page and it appears season 6 has already aired. It will likely be a while until it's on Netflix so I'll probably resort to watching it on NBC's site because I have to have some closure with it or I'm sure to go crazy.

Just caught up on all the episodes of Black Mirror. Really good show and kinda messed up. I would say my favorite episode was The Entire History of You but White Bear is gonna stick with me forever; so damn crazy.

I actually thought The Waldo Moment was sorta bad but every other episode was pretty good. Looking forward to more seasons of the show.

Nyx

So my boss told me I should watch The 100, because he thinks it's awesome.

Well I tried the pilot last night and it's been awhile since I had to cringe so many times during a series-episode... The story seems pretty cool but all these stereotype youngsters and the terrible (!) musical score makes it so hard to watch...

Symphonia

Banned
Hola is the only free one that I know of.

Most are month to month if that's what you meant.
Is there any way to get Hola to work on PS4? Or would it be possible to set it up on my Android phone, start watching Netflix on my phone, then stream it from phone-to-console?

Nyx

Is there any way to get Hola to work on PS4? Or would it be possible to set it up on my Android phone, start watching Netflix on my phone, then stream it from phone-to-console?

I suggest you use unblock-us for your PS4.

Yes it costs money but it's worth it as you will be able to see all Netflix countries.
And it always works while in my experience a lot of free ones stop working from time to time.

C4Lukins

So I had a fun film marathon. I am not sure if these are all available on Netflix, some I watched on Amazon prime.

Enemy; 6 out of 10
Locke: 8 out of 10
We Need to Talk About Kevin: 8 out of 10
Coherence: 7 out of 10

Edit: Just looked each up, they are all only on amazon My apologies.

number11

Just noticed Oblivion is up on Netflix Netherlands. I haven't heard great things about it, but it's still a film i've been meaning to watch.

Susurrus

Is Harlock: Space Pirate any good? The CG looks pretty cool, but no idea about the movie.

Also, is the stream in Japanese (w/ subtitles) or dubbed?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yea, I go off the deep end when I binge watch shows. Probably to the point of being unhealthy and obsessive. I plowed through all 5 seasons on Netflix in the past week and a half.

I've just finished off the seasons on netflix but I'm pretty sure the final season on NBC is done and over with. I'm not positive because I don't want to look too close and spoil myself but I did check out the IMDB page and it appears season 6 has already aired. It will likely be a while until it's on Netflix so I'll probably resort to watching it on NBC's site because I have to have some closure with it or I'm sure to go crazy.

ah you're right. i didn't realize parenthood was only a half season (13 eps). it ended last thursday. i also didn't realize you could watch all of the episodes online. usually that stuff gets restricted to the most recent 3-4 eps.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Breaking at the Edge (Thriller)
Bulletproof (Action, Comedy)
Ghost Graduation (Comedy)
Ghost Pain (Anime)
Leaving Las Vegas (Romantic, Drama)
Poklosie (Thriller, Foreign)
Samurai Champloo Season 1 (Anime)
TEDTalks: Ancient Clues Season 1 (TV, Documentary, Science)

Netflix is heading to Japan later in the year :)
Japanese tv programmes and movies included

Awesome! I need some J-dramas.

Although it looks like Netflix is taking a massive gamble with this global expansion. They just took out a $1 billion loan which upset investors and analysts - their stock has been relegated to a "junk" rating:

http://deadline.com/2015/02/netflix-bond-sale-moody-sp-junk-1201364777/

I guess they're taking the Amazon model of perpetual debt.

I give Horns a solid recommendation. It sort of walks the line between horror and action and has a pretty interesting story to go with it.

hd8vrDV.jpg

I also give The Town that Dreaded Sundown a recommendation to horror fans only. It's got a lot of the classic horror elements, including the cheesiness that I liked so much about the classics.

Qhb3zB1.jpg

Also, 88 is not so great.

Gray Matter

Just watched horns and all I can say is: what the fuck?

There were so many twists in that movie that I couldn't keep count.

Also
the last 25 minutes got a little too sci-fi(?) with Ig going full demon and all.

Still, it was a good ride.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^I remember going crazy when Sub-Zero and Scorpion first came on the screen. Still a guilty pleasure of mine.

Symphonia

Banned
I've finally got the US Netflix back up and running. Now I just need something to watch. I've always trusted GAF's recommendations in the past, I rely on them once more. Throw any recommendations you have at me.

Kaladin

Fuck. Yes. In my veins now.

Nintendo fans have all the more reason to sign up for Netflix. The Wall Street Journal reports that the company is in the process of developing a new live-action series based on The Legend of Zelda. The series is reportedly in early stages, as the streaming company courts writers, but sources say Netflix wants it to resemble Game of Thrones but with a more family-friendly tone.

The Journal reports that Netflix is working closely with Nintendo to develop the show, which, as in most incarnations of the games, will feature a young boy named Link on an adventure to save Hyrule and the titular Princess Zelda. Few other details about the show were given. We've reached out to Netflix for comment.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/6/7993603/netflix-legend-of-zelda-live-action-series

Kaladin

Tried to make a thread in OT but Modbot closed it and linked to the thread on gaming side.

Netflix is more of an OT thing isn't it? Or is it more Gaming territory since it's Zelda?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I watched the opening minutes of Spartacus...is the whole series done with that faded, desaturated look? Because I hate that look.

The first few episodes of Spartacus are fucking garbage, but it gets so much better. You have to be a bit patient with it but it all pays off.

Tried to make a thread in OT but Modbot closed it and linked to the thread on gaming side.

Netflix is more of an OT thing isn't it? Or is it more Gaming territory since it's Zelda?

It doesn't make any sense but any/all video game related stuff (movies, tv, books) has to go into the Gaming Side.

I think a Zelda series is a horrible idea btw.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I've finally got the US Netflix back up and running. Now I just need something to watch. I've always trusted GAF's recommendations in the past, I rely on them once more. Throw any recommendations you have at me.

Movie or shows?

Wait, so the episode will be up on Netflix after the episode airs on Sunday nights?

I think they will be on Netflix the following day. Same deal as Breaking Bad.

Symphonia

Banned
Game of Thrones for the family? Hm, not sure how I feel about that. It could be brilliant, it could be bollocks. But I highly doubt Nintendo will let Netflix fuck up one of Nintendo's biggest IPs. And, to be fair, Netflix has knocked it out the park when it comes to producing shows. I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now.

Wait, so the episode will be up on Netflix after the episode airs on Sunday nights?
I assume it will be how it was with Breaking Bad. The episode airs, and is then put up on Netflix almost immediately after. Which is fine by me.

Movie or shows?
Either will do.

Some help in regards to like. I've watched and enjoyed Doctor Who, Scrubs, Glee, House, HIMYM, Community and New Girl. And I'm up for any kind of film. Horror's always good though.

Watching Mortal Kombat (Netherlands), this movie has aged really well.

Yeah, I enjoy it more now then I did when it originally came out. I'm not entirely sure why, but I tend to like a lot of Anderson's movies (even though the vast majority of them are nothing special).

tchocky

If the Netflix - Zelda thing happens is it likely to affect Marco Polo getting further seasons since I imagine Zelda will have a huge budget, as well as both shows being compared to Game Of Thrones.

If the Netflix - Zelda thing happens is it likely to affect Marco Polo getting further seasons since I imagine Zelda will have a huge budget, as well as both shows being compared to Game Of Thrones.

It shouldn't at all. Netflix may be new at original programming but there's no reason a new show should effect any other previous show. Netflix doesn't even have the issue that networks have of being limited by timeslots.

Top Bottom