• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What? That sucks, I was made to believe that each episode was going to be up the following day.

At least one good thing comes of this, I'll get to binge watch the whole season when it eventually comes to Netflix.

Posters said it would be for UK and a few Euro regions. Grab a VPN and watch it.

Gray Matter

Posters said it would be for UK and a few Euro regions. Grab a VPN and watch it.

Eh, I don't really know how to handle the VPNs and such, plus I don't have a PC anyway. there's no way (at least that I know of) to watch as the seasons airs.

It doesn't really bother me much anyway, there are lots of shows/movies to keep me busy while I wait. And I get to binge watch it when it comes to Netflix, I prefer it that way.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Eh, I don't really know how to handle the VPNs and such, plus I don't have a PC anyway. there's no way (at least that I know of) to watch as the seasons airs.

It doesn't really bother me much anyway, there are lots of shows/movies to keep me busy while I wait. And I get to binge watch it when it comes to Netflix, I prefer it that way.

Unblock works with just about every device out there. Just have to follow their set up (really, just going into the device settings and changing two things).

But yeah, I understand wanting to binge everything at once.

Symphonia

Banned

You don't need a PC. Services such as Unotelly or Unblock-US allow you to use their DNS on iOS and Android devices, and you can change which Netflix region you want to access by simply logging in to their website and clicking the country you want. $4 a month, I believe, and well worth it.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Looks like the Saul episodes will be streaming the day after air on the AMC site. Not sure what the quality is, haven't used their service before.
I can't be bothered with all the VPN stuff either.

It's pretty asinine that Netflix shows the episodes everywhere but the US, but that's par for the course when it comes to streaming rights here. Not their fault, but frustrating nonetheless.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
The page shows the upcoming episodes as "coming soon." Says shows are available for 30 days, so it presumably is an on-going selection rather than being able to sit down with the full season once it all airs.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Looks like the Saul episodes will be streaming the day after air on the AMC site. Not sure what the quality is, haven't used their service before.
I can't be bothered with all the VPN stuff either.

It's pretty asinine that Netflix shows the episodes everywhere but the US, but that's par for the course when it comes to streaming rights here. Not their fault, but frustrating nonetheless.

But commercials.

*shivers*

I have no words that will do this justice.

Dead Snow: Red vs. Dead was the most entertaining, over-the-top, and amusing thing I've ever witnessed. I was not prepared, even after seeing the first one. Holy shit. I was giggling like a little kid the whole time. What on Earth.

Laekon

Started watching Sirens tonight and really like it. It's a show about EMT's in Chicago copied from a UK show. Finding it close to Louis CK or Party Down in terms of humor.

Started watching Sirens tonight and really like it. It's a show about EMT's in Chicago copied from a UK show. Finding it close to Louis CK or Party Down in terms of humor.

It's heavily Leary influenced.. so it's like the comedy aspects of Rescue Me without the drama stuff.

Owzers

Dead Snow: Red vs. Dead was the most entertaining, over-the-top, and amusing thing I've ever witnessed. I was not prepared, even after seeing the first one. Holy shit. I was giggling like a little kid the whole time. What on Earth.

I didn't know this existed, i THINK i finished Dead Snow but i didn't care that much for it, but the premise for this one seems like i'll give it a shot.

Yea, it was amazing. It did for Dead Snow 1 what Evil Dead 2 did for Evil Dead 1. I wish there were more horror comedies like this being made.

amrod

I really enjoyed this show... It gets better near the end of season 1

PrawnyNZ

Watched the two first episodes of Better Call Saul and I think it has potential, but we'll see.

I liked them both, probably more than any other new series recently. I like that they are easing into into things, not rushing the story.

Had a day off yesterday so also watched Catch Hell and Blood Ties. Neither outstanding, but enjoyed them nonetheless.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

All This Mayhem (Documentary, Sports)
Brain Games Season 1-2 (TV, Science)
Dragonheart: The Shadowed Claw (Action, Fantasy)
Dwight Howard: In the Moment (Documentary, Biographical)
Forecast: Disaster Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
Inside Secret America Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
Lilting (Indie, Drama)
Lords of War Season 1 (TV, Reality)
The Turth Behind: Bigfoot, Crop Circles, The Ark, The Bermuda Triangle, The Crystal Skulls, The Dead Sea Scrolls, The Devil's Bible, The Druids, The Freemasons, The Nasca Lines, The Nevada Triangle, UFOs over Phoenix, UFOs

Edwardo

Alright I finished S5 ep4 of Breaking Bad

Skyler is pissing me off more than ever. I dread the scenes that she's in. When things are going her way she is all fine and dandy with being in control, but the second things are taken out of her hands she curls up into a ball.

One of the exterminators. Is he the guy that's going to be in the new star wars movie? He was the bully in Like Mike too if I'm remembering right.

Xater

I just watched Jodorowsky's Dune which is on Canadian Netflix. This documentary about the Dune film he never got to make was fascinating. The project sounds really cool, there are tons of fun stories and you get to see some incredible art. It failing might also be the reason we got the Alien film we all now know and love. Big recommendation from me.

Also the moment when he recalls watching the David Lynch version is just incredible.

andycapps

^Probably (one of) the worst characters in TV history. Only rivals Joffrey.

I think it says more about how they were able to make Walt (and what a great job Cranston did with the character) a sympathetic character to the audience. The reality is that Walt is a piece of shit and that Skyler is the sane one.

But yes, I agree that on first glance she's annoying.

Better Call Saul is awesome so far. I'm glad they're taking the time and showing where Goodman started from.

It's heavily Leary influenced.. so it's like the comedy aspects of Rescue Me without the drama stuff.

I didn't know about Siren's Leary connection, I loved Rescue Me and The Job so I'll definitely add it to my list.

Yessssss, I've been wanting to see The Raid 2 so much.

What is a good anime Series that is streaming that I probably haven't seen? Most anime I have seen is the extremely popular stuff....FMA, Bleach, Naruto, Blood+ ect.
Only US or not? Gurren Lagann is my favorite. Welcome to the NHK is great too. On my phone now so can't easily browse Netflix. Also Hunter x Hunter is amazing especially when you have seen the shows you watched but it has only 100 out of the 130 episodes or so.

Blue Exorcist and Psycho Pass might be good too but I haven't watched those yet. Oh and see Death Note if you haven't had.

Oh oh and Samurai Champloo is on there, which is great, but keep in mind it does not have much of an overarching story.

I think it says more about how they were able to make Walt (and what a great job Cranston did with the character) a sympathetic character to the audience. The reality is that Walt is a piece of shit and that Skyler is the sane one.

But yes, I agree that on first glance she's annoying.

Better Call Saul is awesome so far. I'm glad they're taking the time and showing where Goodman started from.

I agree, Skylar wasn't bad at all. Most of what she did seemed reasonable to me. Although that doesn't mean I enjoy the parts with her.

Her sister is a shitty character though.

Kaladin

Only US or not? Gurren Lagann is my favorite. Welcome to the NHK is great too. On my phone now so can't easily browse Netflix. Also Hunter x Hunter is amazing especially when you have seen the shows you watched but it has only 100 out of the 130 episodes or so.

Blue Exorcist and Psycho Pass might be good too but I haven't watched those yet. Oh and see Death Note if you haven't had.

Oh oh and Samurai Champloo is on there, which is great, but keep in mind it does not have much of an overarching story.

Woah....I asked that way back in 2013.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Avenged (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
Departures Season 1-2 (TV, Travel)
Grounded for Life Season 1-5 (TV, Comedy)
Locked In (Thriller)
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Family, Animation)
Scary Movie 5 (Comedy)
Summer of Blood (Indie, Dark, Comedy)
The House at the End of Time (Horror, Thriller, Foreign)
The Two Faces of January (Thriller)
Young Ones (Western, SciFi)

Canada:

That '70s Show Season 1-8 (TV, Comedy)

UK:

Child's Play 2: Chucky's Back (Horror, Slasher)
Say Anything... (Romantic, Comedy)
Somewhere in Time (Romantic, Drama)
That '70s Show Season 1-8 (TV, Comedy)
Waterworld (Action, Fantasy)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I never liked it very much but I would watch it every now and then; it had its moments, and the mom was hot. I'll add it to my list as another "background noise" option.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I didn't like it much, but it grew on me. I might re-watch it, since I'm a fan of a few of the cast members.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yeah, I like Donal Logue and the guy that always plays crazy guys/low level criminals.

Top Bottom