• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

number11

It's hard to keep up with all the stuff Netflix is producing. Is there a list of Netflix's current and upcoming original programming? Wikipedia lists stuff like Lilyhammer Hammer and Bad Samaritans.. but do they really count?

Netflix needs to make it clear between Netflix Originals and what they simply have exclusivity to. With stuff like Peaky blinders and The Fall being labeled Netflix Originals, I don't think I even know what 'Netflix Original' means.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Not a huge fan of the series, but I would be interested in this.

Either will do.

Some help in regards to like. I've watched and enjoyed Doctor Who, Scrubs, Glee, House, HIMYM, Community and New Girl. And I'm up for any kind of film. Horror's always good though.

Seems like you are big on shows with comedic elements:

White Collar, Psych, The League, Orange is the New Black, Chuck, Terriers, About a Boy.

Assuming you have watched stuff like: Parks and Recreations, Arrested Development, 30 Rock.

Wow. Netflix had a deal like that with breaking bad? I had no idea. This pleases me.

They had the deal for the last season.

It's hard to keep up with all the stuff Netflix is producing. Is there a list of Netflix's current and upcoming original programming? Wikipedia lists stuff like Lilyhammer Hammer and Bad Samaritans.. but do they really count?

Netflix needs to make it clear between Netflix Originals and what they simply have exclusivity to. With stuff like Peaky blinders and The Fall being labeled Netflix Originals, I don't think I even know what 'Netflix Original' means.

The OP has a big list. I might not have everything and I didn't sort them by Originals vs Exclusive.

jakncoke

Banned
If the Netflix - Zelda thing happens is it likely to affect Marco Polo getting further seasons since I imagine Zelda will have a huge budget, as well as both shows being compared to Game Of Thrones.

I dont see why zelda would far and away larger budget than what they been doing.

tj hazuki

So, I've never watched Lost when it was on so i decided to check it out on Netflix and I have to say I'm hooked. I'm on season 6, and I'm so damn....LOST. John Locke has to be one of the most complex characters ever on TV.. Like WHAT THE FUCK.

JULIET NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Alternative time universes?? I'm confused

Dalek

So, I've never watched Lost when it was on so i decided to check it out on Netflix and I have to say I'm hooked. I'm on season 6, and I'm so damn....LOST. John Locke has to be one of the most complex characters ever on TV.. Like WHAT THE FUCK.

JULIET NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Alternative time universes?? I'm confused

Oh you're actually going to watch season 6?

PUDYbg7.png

They're only labeled as "Netflix Originals" in territories where the show isn't licensed to a network. The legitimately Netflix "only" shows have ads and teasers shown both on Netflix and elsewhere.

Dropped by the german netflix to check out 28 Weeks Later, and i discovered that the german version was showing several outstanding shows that I have not seen in other territories. Deadwood, Penny Dreadful and Fargo are all available there!

Symphonia

Banned
Seems like you are big on shows with comedic elements:

White Collar, Psych, The League, Orange is the New Black, Chuck, Terriers, About a Boy.

Assuming you have watched stuff like: Parks and Recreations, Arrested Development, 30 Rock.
I gave OITNB a shot last night. It seems a bit of a slow burner, but I'll stick with it, see if I can get into it. Never watched Psych or Chuck a watch when they were on TV, so I might give them a watch too. Cheers, GK.

Chef is fucking amazing. Godamn. Watch it. Watch it now.
I saw Chef on the US Netflix. I might watch it later.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bates Motel Season 2 (TV, Drama)
Danger Season 5 (TV, Action, Comedy)
Dead Snow: Red vs Dead (Horror, Foreign)
Elsa & Fred (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Life of a King (Indie, Drama)

Xater

Dropped by the german netflix to check out 28 Weeks Later, and i discovered that the german version was showing several outstanding shows that I have not seen in other territories. Deadwood, Penny Dreadful and Fargo are all available there!

Yep, when it comes to TV shows it's not bad. Also Better Call Saul in two days.

I am certain I have seen all of them in different regions, but it may just have been the Dutch one which is probably pretty much the same.

Oh, 28 weeks later, was thinking of 28 days later. Although I think I had seen 28 weeks later also in a different region.

Josh5890

So I finished season 1 of West Wing. I was going to start watching 24 but apparently it isn't around anymore on Netflix. So I chose Power Rangers instead.

jakncoke

Banned
Couple of the things I watched recently not named Coach of which im in the mid 5th season.

Dead Snow 2 : Stands up pretty good against the first, more action packed off the bat and really throughout. Tons of kills and gore.

Hot Pursuit: John Cusack character suppose to go on vacation with his gf but fails a chem test only to get a easy way out by professors spends the movie chasing his gf and her family in the Caribbean as they island hop. Also very young Ben Stiller has a role in this. It was decent

Holes in my Shoes : 94 year old Jack Beers through the documentary tells his life story from being a iron worker, engineer, working manhattan project to being an actor. It was pretty interesting.

Saints and Soldiers and Saints and Soldiers Airborne Creed. Both movies were pretty decent and I enjoyed the setting and location. Not to often when you watch a movie based in the winter you actually get a sense hey they are in the fucking winter and this isnt some set with potato flakes or whatever they use for fake snow

tchocky

How is Better Call Saul? Anyone watch it?

i thought it was a pretty good start. I liked the serious Black and White opening and the general tone of the episode seemed about right mixing his cockiness with desperation. We didn't get to see much of McKean yet but he was pretty good for his scene. It was good not to do too many Breaking Bad references. I think the show definitely has potential to be a crazy version of a courtroom drama.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
i thought it was a pretty good start. I liked the serious Black and White opening and the general tone of the episode seemed about right mixing his cockiness with desperation. We didn't get to see much of McKean yet but he was pretty good for his scene. It was good not to do too many Breaking Bad references. I think the show definitely has potential to be a crazy version of a courtroom drama.

I found the first episode to be pretty good. A word of caution; the episode is a bit slow, but it's set-up as a slow buildup, so in that sense I found it to be pretty great, and I'm definitely excited for the next episode!

I'm really glad to hear the positive reviews. Looks like the show is off to a good start. I'm ok with the slow buildup, BB was the same way.

Reminds me of The Affair minus, well, the affair. I'll give it a shot considering I like Cardellini and Chandler.

Yup, I'm in it for Chandler. Looks good.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

25 to Life (Documentary, Biographical)
Angel Eyes Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Catch Hell (Action, Thriller)
Coffe Prince Season 1 (TV, Korean)
Crazy Eights (Horror, Supernatural)
Das Finstere Tal (Drama, Western, Foreign)
Gu Family Book Season 1 (TV, Korean)
TEDTalks: Rad Invention Season 1 (TV, Science)
The Wotwots Season 1-2 (TV, Kids)

Germany:

Matilda (Family)
Stand by Me (Drama)
Stuart Little 2 (Family)
The Swan Princess (Family)

Mexico:

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Countries with first episode of Better Call Saul:

Every region not named US or Canada.

Top Bottom