• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

ink4n3

So I just got hola chrome extension working as someone mentioned in here a few days ago. Is there a way to turn off subtitles? I'm on Mexico Netflix but the only subtitle options are Spanish and Portuguese. There is not turn off option.

Edit: The none option pops up if I select a language other than English. Any way to get rid of them in English?

Mr.Swag

Banned
The Fall is really good.

11 episodes total, on the last one right now. It has very little filler for a serial killer show.

And the women are top notch.
Men too, I guess.

Accents are cool.

Its not really a cliched twist after twist cop vs killer show.

It goes down a different path.

Watch it

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Man, I have had The Fall in my q for awhile. Will watch it Sunday.

I watched Chef the other day. I liked it. Nice little indie flick.

So I just got hola chrome extension working as someone mentioned in here a few days ago. Is there a way to turn off subtitles? I'm on Mexico Netflix but the only subtitle options are Spanish and Portuguese. There is not turn off option.

Edit: The none option pops up if I select a language other than English. Any way to get rid of them in English?

I think only paid services like Adfreetime and Unblock US have those options. At least I think Unblock Us has it.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I had a Cuban sandwich today, usually have a media noche or pan con bistec, but damn Chef had me finding for a Cuban.

It was too salty :/
I want one from that food truck

Laekon

Thought Chef was pretty shitty at first, Total pandering bullshit. Fat chef with knife tattoo slaving away for a rich guy that just doesn't understand and banging the hot hostess cause he makes a mean plate of spaghetti? Only thing missing was a beard and a little more hair pomade. It got better though and over all was a decent movie.

Yeah Chef started out alright but once they got to the food truc, it got way better for me.

Mr. Peabody and Sherman is not a good movie. Boring and unfunny.

Dalek

The Fall is really good.

11 episodes total, on the last one right now. It has very little filler for a serial killer show.

And the women are top notch.
Men too, I guess.

Accents are cool.

Its not really a cliched twist after twist cop vs killer show.

It goes down a different path.

Watch it

Now watch Happy Valley!

I love dark crime shows like Happy Valley, The Killing, Hannibal, True Detective, etc. - but I could not get into The Fall. Something about following around the psycho and getting into his mind and methodology just rubbed me the wrong way. I might have to try it again.

Xater

The Raid 2 was cool but not quite as good as the firs tone. I missed the simplicity and it was a bit bloated. Probably could have been half an hour shorter. The action in it was again incredible.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bad Turn Worse (Indie, Drama, Crime)
Blood Ties (Thriller, Foreign)
Honeymoon (Indie, Horror)
Mako Mermaids: An H20 Adventure Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Ralphie May: Unruly (Standup)
Stella and Sam Season 1 (TV, Kids)

UK:

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Family)

Germany:

Airplane! (Comedy)
Four Brothers (Action, Thriller)
I Love You, Man (Comedy)
Norbit (Romantic, Comedy)
Old School (Comedy)
Revolutionary Road (Drama)
Road Trip (Comedy)
School of Rock (Family, Comedy)
She's Out of My League (Romantic, Comedy)
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie (Family, Animation)
Top Secret! (Comedy)
Trading Places (Comedy)

mhs004

Just wondering when more Dr. Who should be added? I'm almost caught up to nuwho on Netflix and want to watch some 12th doctor.

Dalek

Just wondering when more Dr. Who should be added? I'm almost caught up to nuwho on Netflix and want to watch some 12th doctor.

If I remember correctly, it won't be for awhile after the end of the last episode which was maybe 2 months ago-so I'd say at least another 6 months or so. Is The Day of the Doctor even up yet? Because that was last November-over a year.

EDIT: Yeah, thats up. So I'd say 5-6 months maybe.

If I remember correctly, it won't be for awhile after the end of the last episode which was maybe 2 months ago-so I'd say at least another 6 months or so. Is The Day of the Doctor even up yet? Because that was last November-over a year.

EDIT: Yeah, thats up. So I'd say 5-6 months maybe.

Depends on the region I think. US was missing a few episodes in various seasons for some unknown reason for quite awhile. It was also missing the later half of Season 6 and all of Season 7 (if I'm not mistaken) until just before or right after the start of S8.

Edwardo

I just finished Breaking Bad. Season 5 was such a great finish.

I need some sleep but I'll post some impressions tomorrow.

Season 5, especially the second half was awesome. Throughout the series, the one moment I was waiting for was for Hank to find out about Walt and for the confrontation to happen. Walt has such a big ego that he can never back down, so him being the one to confront Hank was such a great moment.

It was so weird. As the series went on, and Walt's actions became worse and worse, I couldn't help but hope his plans all came to fruition.

My heart sank once Walter Jr. found out the truth. That was the moment that I never wanted to come, but I knew it eventually had to.

The ending itself, I agree with. I wanted him to make it out. He had to go back though. It just made too much sense for him needing to settle things once and for all. The automatic machine gun was insane.

Great series. I gave it 4/5 stars.

Can't wait to start Better Call Saul

I need a new series to start now! lol

sfedai0

Banned
Just started watchng Fargo the series. Pretty good start and surprised to see actors like BillY Bob and the Saul the lawyer from Breaking Bad.

I had a Cuban sandwich today, usually have a media noche or pan con bistec, but damn Chef had me finding for a Cuban.

It was too salty :/
I want one from that food truck

*drool*

I never had one til like 3 or 4 years ago in Florida but now its one of my favorite food items. Can't get them in restaurants up in here in PA so I have to save them for when I'm on vacation but that just makes it all the more special.

Asbel

Just watched Mary & Max. What a weird, hilarious, sad and charming movie. If you like weird, hilarious, sad and charming movies like Amelie, I highly recommend Mary & Max. They use comedy and exaggeration to pretend that the ugiliness of the world they show is only fantasy but this is a positive movie with a message of hope and loving yourself first.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
100% agree with Asbel. It's a charming little animation that doesn't pull punches and has an ultimately very positive message wrapped in a twisted melancholy package.

Earlier today I watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I really liked it. At first, I was a bit confused as to the chronology of some scenes, as I questioned if some parts were present day or flashbacks, but it all made sense as it went on. There were some fantastically tense scenes in it as well, particularly the file room sequence and the build up to Smiley finding out the identity to the mole while he waited in the room.

DarkFlow

Banned
#humblebrag

Is Marco Polo 4K? I bet that would look glorious

Yeah I tried that one also. Really they don't have much, I think they have about 10 things total in 4K, and 4 of them are just landscape videos. I'll likely bust out House of Cards in 4K then drop it, it's not worth the extra $4 right now.

Saw "The One I Love" last night and thought despite it being a little weird, a good movie. Would defintely recommend. Anyone else see this movie yet? And just in case you were wondering I saw it on US Netflix.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part 1-4 (Anime)
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Star of Milos (Anime)
Saints and Soldiers: The Void (Action, War)
Virunga: Gorillas in Peril (Documentary, Nature, Netflix Original)

Canada:

The Slap Season 1 (TV, Drama)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I finished The Fall S2 yesterday. It's such an excellent show, and I liked S2 just as much as S1. For such a slowly-developing show, it is incredibly gripping and tense — not a moment of boredom. The music, cinematography, and performances (especially Gillian Anderson) are all top-notch.
That cliffhanger, though, argh!

And I watched Fatal Attraction last night. Great Valentine's Day movie! Glenn Close is terrifying.

Added today:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part 1-4 (Anime)
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Star of Milos (Anime)
Saints and Soldiers: The Void (Action, War)
Virunga: Gorillas in Peril (Documentary, Nature, Netflix Original)

Canada:

The Slap Season 1 (TV, Drama)

I don't even think Fullmetal Alchemist has been removed, or if it was it might have been less than a month.

Stupidly enough they still haven't added the last 16 episodes or so of Brotherhood.

I'm getting really bad compression/pixelation issues with Netflix lately, but I have a feeling it's unblockus as it only happens when accessing US content via PS4.

injurai

Banned
Watched the interview last night. I was thoroughly entertained. It was all or maybe more than what I was expecting. Everyone let hype get to them and forgot to take the movie for what it was.

Moozo

Is anyone else's 360 app performing like total shit? Like, it loads all fine, but the programme tiles are always black and never load, and clicking on a programme doesn't bring up the menu options (i.e. resume playing, episode list). Will try deleting and reinstalling next time. The only thing is I'm using Unblock-Us but that hasn't given me any problems for three years

Laekon

Watched some MASH, Das Boot, and Iron Generation this weekend. Mash wasn't as good as I remember it being but I think it picks up in the later seasons. Iron Generation is a pretty good documentary and gives you a little motivational bump.

number11

Was planning on watching The Maze Runner today, but it seems to be expired already. Am I going crazy, or was this film on the USA/Canada region?

number11

This seems like such a random thing to be imagining. I can't be the only one to have seen it lol. I'm 100% sure it was in either the Canadian, or Netherlands region. It's been around for at least a month.

Top Bottom