• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Aiii

So not worth it
Just watched Ring of Curse (Gomennasai), a Japanese low budget horror flick about a bullied girl who curses her classmates. Movie is quite good, acting, mood, dialogue are all very effective.

Definitely watch (US) and stick around for the bonus mid credit scene.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I watched Trick r' Treat. This is no longer available on any Netflix region, but I wanted to discuss it since Gaf has given much praise to it. It was definitely a great horror movie, but I think it fell short of the Gaf hype for me. The stories were good. Nice mix of horror and humor. It is currently up on HBO Go for those who want to see it.

Just watched Ring of Curse (Gomennasai), a Japanese low budget horror flick about a bullied girl who curses her classmates. Movie is quite good, acting, mood, dialogue are all very effective.

Definitely watch (US) and stick around for the bonus mid credit scene.

Added it to my Q. Looks interesting.

Aiii

So not worth it
Watched another Japanese horror flick after that, called Ressurection (Rinne). Won't go into too much detail, but definitely a scary and interesting story. Really enjoyed that, the Japanese kind of horror has always appealed more to me than the Hollywood kind. The Japanese directors are much better at creating a scary atmosphere rather than relying on jump scares, which works way better to legitimately frighten me instead of just raising my heartbeat for a few seconds.

tchocky

Netflix not giving me the option to watch without subtitles
Y Para que hablo espanol

If you are using Unblock.us then their site has an option to disable subtitles.

edit: this is a workaround from reddit haven't tried myself though.

I know this is old, but I discovered a work around for this. So here is what you do. If you select the native language of the country for the audio, so for example in mexico, most titles have the option for the audio to be played dubbed in spanish. If you switch the audio to spanish an option comes up to turn off the subtitles. So, switch the audio to the countries native language and make sure to let it reload with the new audio THEN switch it back to ENGLISH audio, and THEN while it is reloading with the new audio, quickly switch it back to the countries native language and turn off the subtitles. If you switch it before the load completes the audio will play in English and you will be able to disable the subtitles because the audio selection is set to the native language. I do this on my Xbox. I would assume it would work on other devices as well. Hope this helps.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Amores Perros
I feel like this was three films in one.
Three slow paced films just mashed together with a simple connection in between each film.
But when you combine three slow paced films you get one long slow paced film.
Good thing it was fantastic.
Slow, but fantastic.
And you weren't kidding about it being disturbing, one specific scene hit me more than the rest, and I'm glad I saw the film just for that scene.

near the last third what Blackie does

Kinokou

Is there a place I can go to see if X movie is in Y region? I usually wouldn't ask but my googel fu is failing me hard.

Edit: ignore me, seems like the first post has my answers.

Sweden had Cube2 and Cube Zero (which I've been waiting on for a while to appear on UK/US Netflix) so I watched them today. First one is still the best, but it's a pretty interesting trilogy considering the complete lack of any real expanded universe storytelling and set design.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Crossing posting from the Netflix movie club thread:

Bram Stoker's Dracula:Half of me enjoyed it, the other half hated it. The first 30 minutes of the film were great. The castle was creepy, as was Dracula. Then they leave the castle and it goes downhill for me. The Lucy stuff kind of brought the movie down. I thought Dracula wasn't as great during this part of the film either.

What I loved were the costumes and (some of) the acting. Ryder was good and I enjoyed Keeves horrible accent. What I didn't like were the images of people/whatever that would pop up whenever people were talking. It looked like a bad music video.

Towards the end it got interesting after Dracula turned Mina into a vampire/slave.
Although, I thought the final battle could have been better.

Overall, I was disappointed. Lots of wasted potential. They should have kept Dracula
"old"
since he was far more menacing that way. Probably my biggest gripe with the film.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Aim High in Creation (Documentary, Social)
Closure (Documentary)
Housebound (Horror, Comedy)
Richie Rich Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Robocop ('14, Action, SciFi)
Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Elysion/Inferno/Sanctuary (Anime)
The Fluffy Movie (Standup)
The Heart Machine (Romantic, Drama)
Traffickers (Action, Foreign)
You're All Surrounded Season 1 (TV, Drama)

France:

The Walking Dead Season 4 (TV, Drama)
Traffic (Thriller)

Mexico:

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Drama)

Sweden:

Superbad (Comedy)

Robocop ('14, Action, SciFi)
Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Elysion/Inferno/Sanctuary (Anime)
Is this some kind of remaster? I remember watching it as a kid. I'll check it out
Edit: it's a sub, personal sigh

I'll also check out the new robocop, not going in with high expectations

Unsure what to watch I usually give in to Max's suggestions on US Netflix, sometimes they're really good other times I'm left thinking 'Why did you think I'd like that?!'. Also, what's this Netflix Movie Club you keep talking about? I feel like that's where most of the discussion and reviews are happening.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Unsure what to watch I usually give in to Max's suggestions on US Netflix, sometimes they're really good other times I'm left thinking 'Why did you think I'd like that?!'. Also, what's this Netflix Movie Club you keep talking about? I feel like that's where most of the discussion and reviews are happening.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969617

A movie is chosen each week, people watch and then discuss the movie.

Movie discussions/reviews are happening in this thread. Usually it is slow on the weekends.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Expiring on March 1 in the US:

Black Rain
The Elephant Man
Glengarry Glen Ross
Grosse Pointe Blank
Rachel Getting Married
Cool Runnings
Dumb and Dumber*
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids*
Jackass Number Two
Panic Room*
Saving Silverman*
Winged Migration

The asterisked movies seem to routinely rotate in and out, so they'll probably be back soon.

I never liked it very much but I would watch it every now and then; it had its moments, and the mom was hot. I'll add it to my list as another "background noise" option.
To follow up on this, regarding Grounded for Life: I watched the first few episodes, and WOW this show has aged poorly. It is bad. Just feels like one of those poorly-done multi-cam family sitcoms from another era.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Expiring on March 1 in the US:

Black Rain
The Elephant Man
Glengarry Glen Ross
Grosse Pointe Blank
Rachel Getting Married
Cool Runnings
Dumb and Dumber*
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids*
Jackass Number Two
Panic Room*
Saving Silverman*
Winged Migration

To add:

Anaconda
Fright Night ('85)
Dogtown and Z-boys
See No Evil, Hear No Evil
The Ropes

Nice, I'll join in should help decide what to watch on Netflix!

Yes, join us! Great way to watch new things.

re-watched the raid 2 on uk netflix since seeing it in the cinema. is it just me or is there a scene missing? spoilered just in case:

in the first trailer there's a scene where the younger guy from the japanese gang pulls a gun on someone while going down an escalator but it's not in the movie? did i miss something?

number11

re-watched the raid 2 on uk netflix since seeing it in the cinema. is it just me or is there a scene missing? spoilered just in case:

in the first trailer there's a scene where the younger guy from the japanese gang pulls a gun on someone while going down an escalator but it's not in the movie? did i miss something?

That scene was removed from the final cut.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Finally got around to watching Dead Snow. Really fun movie. Definitely worth the praise it has gotten. I'm going to try and watch the sequel some time this week.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Watched Dredd again tonight before it leaves.

God I love that movie. "As for you mama.... judgement tiiime".

Nyx

I saw the description and episode titles two days ago, I was convinced I need to watch this.

It's pretty hilarious.

Danger-5.jpg

And Ilsa is beautiful...

Mr.Swag

Banned
I haven't seen panic room in years, when I saw it I didn't even know who Fincher was. But I still remember everything about the movie.

I'll just let it expire. No need to rewatch.

neoism

soo guys I have dish network and we have AMC but only the first few episodes of Breaking Bad was available... I watched them and now really want to watch all the of the show .. can I get the netflix trail month and watch them all in HD I have a smart HD TV with netflix built in..??

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
soo guys I have dish network and we have AMC but only the first few episodes of Breaking Bad was available... I watched them and now really want to watch all the of the show .. can I get the netflix trail month and watch them all in HD I have a smart HD TV with netflix built in..??

Yes.

http://peewee.com/2015/02/24/bowtie-new-black-pee-wees-big-holiday-premiere-netflix/

NETFLIX AND JUDD APATOW TEAM UP TO BRING THE WORLD PEE-WEE HERMAN’S NEXT BIG ADVENTURE

Pee-wee’s Big Holiday, A New Feature Film By Paul Reubens and Paul Rust, Available Exclusively To The Global Membership of Netflix

John Lee Makes His Feature Film Directorial Debut, Beginning Production in March 2015

Beverly Hills, Calif., February 24, 2015–Netflix, the world’s leading Internet TV network, will premiere exclusively in all of its territories the new feature film, Pee-wee’s Big Holiday, starring Paul Reubens as the beloved fun-loving hero of TV, stage and film, Pee-wee Herman.

Judd Apatow (Anchorman, Bridesmaids) and Reubens, who worked together to bring the project to fruition, will produce the film. Reubens and Paul Rust (Comedy Bang! Bang!, Arrested Development) wrote the film. John Lee (Broad City, Inside Amy Schumer) makes his feature film directorial debut with production beginning in early 2015.

In Pee-wee’s Big Holiday, a fateful meeting with a mysterious stranger inspires Pee-wee Herman to take his first-ever holiday in this epic story of friendship and destiny.

“We didn’t hesitate for a moment knowing that Pee-wee’s Big Holiday was such a passion project for Paul and Judd and we are delighted by the opportunity to introduce such a beloved character to a new generation,” said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. “We are thrilled to bring our viewers around the world the wonder of Pee-wee Herman.”

“As a fan of Pee-wee Herman since he first appeared on The Dating Game, I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with the brilliant Paul Reubens on this film. It is a dream come true,” said Judd Apatow.

“Judd and I dreamt up this movie four years ago. The world was much different back then— Netflix was waiting by the mailbox for red envelopes to arrive. I’ve changed all that. The future is here. Get used to it. Bowtie is the new black,” said Pee-wee Herman.
For more information, please read Pee-wee Herman’s log (that’s blog without the “b”) at: http://peewee.com.

Paul Reubens created the iconic character, Pee-wee Herman, while a member of the famed Los Angeles improv group The Groundlings. The Pee-wee Herman Show premiered at The Groundlings Theatre on February 7, 1981 at midnight. It quickly moved to The Roxy on Sunset Strip where it ran for an unprecedented five months. The HBO broadcast of the show introduced Pee-wee to a national audience. Pee-wee Herman was brought to the big screen in the hit 1985 comedy Pee-wee’s Big Adventure, which Paul Reubens co-wrote and marked Tim Burton’s directorial debut. Reubens went on to create, co-write and co-direct Pee-wee’s Playhouse on CBS where the series earned 22 Emmy® Awards during its five year run. Reubens has been nominated for 14 Emmy® Awards, winning twice. In January of 2010, Reubens starred in, produced and co-wrote The Pee-wee Herman Show which completed a critically acclaimed four week run at LA Live’s Club Nokia in Los Angeles. With the incredible success in Los Angeles, Reubens brought The Pee-wee Herman Show to Broadway which opened November 11, 2010 to rave reviews with The New York Times calling the show, “Yummier than chocolate;” New York saying, “Welcome Back, Pee-wee! You were sorely missed;” and the New York Post saying, “the audience screams for joy!” Three decades after his first HBO special, Reubens returned to the network with an exclusive version of the hit Broadway show.

Reubens has starred in a number of diverse film and TV roles, including 30 Rock, Pushing Daisies, Reno 911, Everybody Loves Raymond and Murphy Brown which earned him an Emmy® nomination. His film credits include Mystery Men, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Blow, David O. Russell’s dark comedy, Nailed, and Todd Solondz’s Life During Wartime. In the world of animation, Reubens has lent his voice to many projects including The Nightmare Before Christmas, Star Wars Rebels, Robot Chicken, Family Guy and Smurfs. He is currently developing a variety show for television and appears in a recurring role on NBC’s hit drama The Blacklist.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^That is great to hear. Looking forward to it.

Added today:

1,000 Times Good Night (Drama, Foreign)
A Summer's Tale (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
Borderland (Horror, Slasher)
China Revealed Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
Chowder Season 2-3 (TV, Kids)
Courage the Cowardly Dog Season 1-2 (TV, Kids)
Hawaii Five-0 Season 1-4 (TV, Drama, Bing it)
In Bloom (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Powerpuff Girls Season 2-4 (TV, Kids)
Salvo (Drama, Foreign)
The Boondocks Season 3-4 (TV, Comedy, Animation)
Uncle Grandpa Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Vessel (Documentary, Social)

UK:

This is 40 (Romantic, Comedy)

Germany:

Dexter Season 7 (TV, Drama)
The IT Crowd Season 1-4 (TV, Comedy)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (Drama, Romantic, Fantasy)

Mexico:

Sinister (Horror, Supernatural)
The Losers (Action)
The Vampire Diaries Season 5 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)

Top Bottom