• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Kaladin

I watched it when it aired.

Not good enough to rewatch. Why doesn't Netflix get the message? I'm never going to click on it

At least rate it?

Netflix doesn't know you watched it. It doesn't interface with your cable sub or other apps and it can't read minds.

If you rate it, it will leave your recommendations eventually.

At least rate it?

Netflix doesn't know you watched it. It doesn't interface with your cable sub or other apps and it can't read minds.

If you rate it, it will leave your recommendations eventually.

But why have 12 different categories on the front page and put the same show in 8 of them? How does this make sense? If you already showed it to me once in one category, show me something else in all the other ones.

jakncoke

Banned
Is there a site for region exclusive content? As ive been exploring and rewatching a ton of movies I havent seen in awhile i got to thinking about things i have never seen and if lists were out there of region exclusive content.

legend166

So I got a Chromecast today.

I know the DNS settings are hardcoded into the device, so I've set up some static routes on my router, so much so that the Netflix app on my phone works fine (and from what I understand, the DNS settings are hardcoded into that), but I can't cast Netflix to the Chromecast. It gives me the whole "Netflix has not come to this region" thing.

That's weird.

So I got a Chromecast today.

I know the DNS settings are hardcoded into the device, so I've set up some static routes on my router, so much so that the Netflix app on my phone works fine (and from what I understand, the DNS settings are hardcoded into that), but I can't cast Netflix to the Chromecast. It gives me the whole "Netflix has not come to this region" thing.

That's weird.

On a side note, don't forget to go into the Chromecast app and check for offers. You may have some free money waiting for you.

legend166

On a side note, don't forget to go into the Chromecast app and check for offers. You may have some free money waiting for you.

Yeah I've just been doing that. $6 in free credit and 3 months of Google Play Music? Thank you very much!

Also, it looks like I needed to add a filter rule specifically to stop the Chromecast App to stop going to Google's DNS servers, rather than just a static route to a dummy IP address.

Funnily enough, the Android app and the Chromecast work in different ways (at least with my router). If I do a rule to stop the app from reaching the Google DNS it just refuses to work.

celsowmbr

Banned
Netflix's owner gives lifetime subscription to Silvio Santos

12372_ext_arquivo.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Alpha and Omega (Family, Animation)
Ghost Hunt Season 1 (Anime)
House of Cards Season 3 (TV, Drama, *knocks on wood*)
Open Windows (Thriller)
Russel Brand: Messiah Complex (Standup)

zerotol

Banned
Watched the documentary All This Mayhem. It was really, really good. Worth a watch.

Absolutely. Watched it last night. Holy shit, I remember Ben and Tas from my skating days. I had no idea what happened to them after they came to the U.S. but now I know. Such a tragic end. It also shows how fucked the X games were.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm a couple of episodes into House of Cards S3. Really liking it. More character driven than past seasons.

Dosent the final season of mad men start in April ? Fuuuuuu, drop the first half of the last season already :/
I couple of episodes into House of Cards S3. Really liking it. More character driven than past seasons.
I'm on ep 9, this season is really gripping me. Way more then the past 2 seasons. I'm really liking it

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm 6 episodes in and I think it's easily better than season two at this point. Maybe even better than season one.

I'm on ep 9, this season is really gripping me. Way more then the past 2 seasons. I'm really liking it

I'm liking it more than S2 as well. Makes me wonder what the people in the official thread are watching. I haven't read all the posts, but most seem to be down on it.

neoism

so guys not sure if I got fucked just now or not but my cousin lives with me...
he has a xbox one, and for some reason his DC would work or go through.. Ive never gotten or paid for netflix ever.. I was going to get free month to binge watch breaking bad... because fucking dish even though I have AMC doesn't have but like 5 episodes on demand.
So he just told me that it didnt go through the first time and it did the second time.. the charge should have been 8.99.. I go the my banks website and see this bullshit.
*03/04/2015 POS PREAUTH NETFLIX.COM NETFLIX.COM NETFLIX.COM CAUS 10.34
*03/04/2015 POS PREAUTH NETFLIX.COM NETFLIX.COM NETFLIX.COM CAUS 10.34
I was charge TWICE for the 10.34 I chat them up and the say it was an authentication charge or something... why the hell does it have to be 10 bones twice.. have anyone every had this happen.. I haven't even been charge the 8.99 for the month of netflix...

Im watching Breaking Bad now and truthful am surprised at the HDness.. it looks waaay fucking better than I thought.. but still. will my bank charge it back to my card or wtf is the 10.34 for.. I will call them tomorrow but still really pissed by this..

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Full list later: Beverly Hills Cop, Black Sheep, Donnie Brasco, Event Horizon, Taxi Driver, Top Gun, Twilight were added.

v1lla21

Yup, loving HoC S3 too. I'm only 3 episodes in but I think it's much better than season 2.

Anyone else watch Sirens? I found it to be pretty good.

Kaladin

I have no idea if I should be excited for a new Wachowski thing...

Mostly what I got out of it was the date for the new season of Orange is the new Black. Very excited for that. Love this show.

I'm excited for anything new in the sci-fi genre. I still give the Wachowskis a shot.

Asbel

I have no idea if I should be excited for a new Wachowski thing...

Mostly what I got out of it was the date for the new season of Orange is the new Black. Very excited for that. Love this show.

So I was at Best Buy's dvd section and this dude asks an employee about some show and then I hear,
'My gf made me watch Orange is the new Black. She loves this show.'
Employee, 'Yeah, my gf made me watch it too. It's not bad.'
Other guy, 'Yeah, I kinda liked it.'
Employee, 'Yeah, me too.' Blah, blah, blah I heard enough.

Sounded like these dudes were tip-toeing around admiting to liking the show. Is this common?

Xater

So I was at Best Buy's dvd section and this dude asks an employee about some show and then I hear,

Sounded like these dudes were tip-toeing around admiting to liking the show. Is this common?

I don't know. I know lots of dudes watching the show. Why wouldn't you? It's a great drama with even some good comedy thrown in there.

Aiii

So not worth it

It's 2015 and some guys still give me shit for liking Gilmore Girls and even a show like Charmed.

Sexism still exists. Males liking shows with female leads is still a taboo among many men.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
J-Law (Jennifer Lawrence) is so pretty she distracts me from the rest of the movie, Silver Linings Playbook. I think the whole bi-polar disorder thing disappeared far too quickly from the movie. More of a means to get the two leads together than anything else. There was some potential there.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

30 for 30: Of Miracles and Men (TV, Documentary, Sports)
Across the Great Divide (Drama)
Aleksandr's Price (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
And God Created Woman (Romantic, Comedy)
And You Thought Your Parents Were Weird (Family)
Another Woman (Indie, Drama)

Best Seller (Crime, Thriller)
Better Than Chocolate (Comedy, Gay & Lesbian)
Beverly Hills Cop (Comedy, Disturbing the peace?)
Billy Madison (Comedy)
Bitter Moon (Indie, Drama)
Black Sheep (Comedy)

Bleach The Movie: Fade to Black (Anime)
Bratz: Rock Angelz (Kids)
Bratz: The Movie (Kids)
Bridget Jone's Diary (Romantic, Comedy)
Bullet Raja (Action, Bollywood)
Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-lot (Kids)

City of Ghosts (Thriller)
Curious George 2 Follow That Monkey (Kids)
DaRay Davis: Power Play (Standup)
Donnie Brasco (Drama, Crime)
Dream Lover (Thriller)

Evelyn (Drama)
Event Horizon (Horror, SciFi)
Finding Neverland (Drama)
Frankie and Jonny (Romantic, Drama)
Furry Vengeance (Family)
Grease 2 (Romantic, Musical)

Groundhog Day (Comedy)
Half of a Yellow Sun (Drama)
Harmontown (Documentary, Social)
Hot Boyz (Action, Thriller)
House Arrest (Family, Comedy)

Humshakal (Drama)
Jealousy (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Johnny Dangerously (Comedy)
K-Pax (Drama)
Knock 'Em Dead (Comedy)
Lalaloopsy Babies: First Steps (Kids)

Last Summer (Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Levitated Mass (Documentary, Social)
Lewis Black: In God We Rust (Standup)
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (Indie, Action, Comedy)
Mean Machine (Comedy, Sports)

Mercy Rule (Drama)
Monster High 13 Wishes, Ghouls Rule (Kids)
Naruto Shippûden The Movie: Bonds (Anime)
Number One With a Bullet (Action)
Our Vinyl Weighs a Ton: Stones Throw (Documentary, Music)
P2 (Thriller, Horror)
Parallels (Action, SciFi)

Patch Adams (Comedy)
Paycheck (Action, Thriller)
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (Drama)
Point Blank (Action, Thriller)
Rules of Engagement (Drama, War)

Rumpelstiltskin (Family)
Shirely Valentine (Romantic, Comedy)
Singham (Action, Foreign)
Ski Patrol (Comedy)
Soul Survivors (Horror, Supernatural)
Switchback (Thriller)

Tank Girl (Action, SciFi)
Taxi Driver (Drama)
TED Talks Life Hack 2: The Next Level Season 1 (TV, Documentary, Science)
Teen Witch (Comedy)
The Brothers Grimm (Action, Fantasy)
The Culture High (Documentary, Social)
The Days to Come (Drama, Foreign)

The Diary of Anne Frank (Drama)
The Madness of King George (Drama)
The Prince & Me (Romantic, Comedy)
The Red Road Season 1 (TV, Drama)
The Secret of NIMH (Family)

The Story of Ruth (Drama)
Three Days of the Condor (Thriller)
Top Gun (Action, War)
Twilight (Drama, Romantic, Glittering)
Two Hundred Thousand Dirty (Comedy)
Vampire in Brooklyn (Horror)
Wings (Drama, Romantic)
You Can Count on Me (Indie, Drama)
You Will Be Mine (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Netflix is releasing here in New Zealand at the end of the month.... sans House of Cards and Orange/Black :p

... so, minus it's biggest exclusives, lol.

Bleepey

Opinions on Sons of Anarchy? Most of my friends loved it and I'm thinking of starting it up.

If you liked the Shield you'll love it. It's a bit slow, it's somewhere between the Shield and the Wire but when something eventful happens, it cooks with gas.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I watched Evil Dead 2 over the weekend. It is a campy film, filled with over-the-top scenes. But man, I really enjoyed it. It was my first watch and I think it lived up to the praise.

Time to watch the last one (also haven't seen).

Top Bottom