• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

I watched Evil Dead 2 over the weekend. It is a campy film, filled with over-the-top scenes. But man, I really enjoyed it. It was my first watch and I think it lived up to the praise.

Time to watch the last one (also haven't seen).

Oh yeah, Evil Dead 2 is fantastic. One of the best horror/comedies out there.

I watched Evil Dead 2 over the weekend. It is a campy film, filled with over-the-top scenes. But man, I really enjoyed it. It was my first watch and I think it lived up to the praise.

Time for Army of Darkness, eh? You are in for a treat. It is more comedy than Evil Dead 2 was. God, I love both of those films.

I watched a couple of mind fuck type movies.

The Scribbler is pretty good if you're looking for that kind of movie. I also tried watching The Color of Your Body's Tears but, it was not so great.

Edwardo

If you liked the Shield you'll love it. It's a bit slow, it's somewhere between the Shield and the Wire but when something eventful happens, it cooks with gas.

To me it's one of those so bad that it's good kind of shows, which can get tiring after awhile.

Has it's ups and downs but overall it's a good show.

I'll give it a shot. I need something to hold me over til Game of Thrones starts back up.

Please watch Army of Darkness

I also watched it for the first time around Halloween, pretty great!

Personally I enjoyed Army of Darkness less, but if you love campy it sure won't disappoint in that regard.

Futureman

any real life murder mystery type shows on Netflix? Similar to Dateline NBC?

saw one maybe a year ago, I thought it was called "IQ" or something short like that but can't find it now...

edit: It was ID! but I guess it was taken down OMG

gdt

I wanna start messing around with Hola Unblocker, whats the best way to keep up with international big updates?

any real life murder mystery type shows on Netflix? Similar to Dateline NBC?

saw one maybe a year ago, I thought it was called "IQ" or something short like that but can't find it now...

edit: It was ID! but I guess it was taken down OMG
The first 48 should fit the bill, but it's one of those "collection" things.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I wanna start messing around with Hola Unblocker, whats the best way to keep up with international big updates?

The first link in the OP. They have all the regions and do a good job (for the most part).

number11

Wasn't a fan of the trailer.. But I'm interested in watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt tomorrow. It seems to be getting fairly decent reviews so far.

I'm still not over the whole Maze Runner mystery lol. I can't be the only one to have seen it up on Netflix Canada.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Drop Dead Diva Season 6 (TV, Drama)
Happy End (Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
Missionary (Thriller)
Nono, the Zigzag Kid (Family, Drama)
Out in the Line-up (Documentary, Sports)
Out (Crime, Drama(
Rich Hill (Documentary, Social)

Canada:

End of Watch (Action)
Face/Off (Action, Thriller)
Les Miserables ('12, Drama)
The X-Files Season 1-9 (TV, SciFi)
xXx/State of the Union (Action)
Zoolander (Comedy)

UK:

Bates Motel Season 2 (TV, Drama)
Hercules ('14, ACtion)
Limitless (Thriller)
The Magnificent Seven (Action, Western)

France:

8 Miles (Drama)
Lost Season 1-6 (TV, SciFi)
The Aristocats (Family, Animation)

Germany:

Cars 2 (Family, Animation)
Due Date (Comedy)
Green Lantern (Action)
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Action)
Happy Feet Two (Family, Animation)
House, M.D. Season 1-8 (TV, Drama)
The Prestige (Drama)

Sweden:

Iron Man/2 (Action)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Time for Army of Darkness, eh? You are in for a treat. It is more comedy than Evil Dead 2 was. God, I love both of those films.

Please watch Army of Darkness

Oh, no doubt I will watch AoD. I always had a passing interest in the film, but never really had the chance to watch it.

I also watched it for the first time around Halloween, pretty great!

Personally I enjoyed Army of Darkness less, but if you love campy it sure won't disappoint in that regard.

Good to hear. The campy vibe from the second was great. They just embraced it and ran with it.

It was on the UK Netflix, but it seems it got removed.

Damn. I was hoping it was up somewhere.

jakncoke

Banned
I dont know why it took me so long to get hola, opened me to so many rewatches of decent or even bad movies when Im drinking lol. Cant believe Lets go to prison(colombia) is nearly 10 years old

MattyH

Added today:

Drop Dead Diva Season 6 (TV, Drama)
Happy End (Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
Missionary (Thriller)
Nono, the Zigzag Kid (Family, Drama)
Out in the Line-up (Documentary, Sports)
Out (Crime, Drama(
Rich Hill (Documentary, Social)

Canada:

End of Watch (Action)
Face/Off (Action, Thriller)
Les Miserables ('12, Drama)
The X-Files Season 1-9 (TV, SciFi)
xXx/State of the Union (Action)
Zoolander (Comedy)

UK:

Bates Motel Season 2 (TV, Drama)
Hercules ('14, ACtion)
Limitless (Thriller)
The Magnificent Seven (Action, Western)

France:

8 Miles (Drama)
Lost Season 1-6 (TV, SciFi)
The Aristocats (Family, Animation)

Germany:

Cars 2 (Family, Animation)
Due Date (Comedy)
Green Lantern (Action)
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Action)
Happy Feet Two (Family, Animation)
House, M.D. Season 1-8 (TV, Drama)
The Prestige (Drama)

Sweden:

Iron Man/2 (Action)

Isnt the x-files leaving netflix April 1st?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Training Day (Mexico): I can't believe I have waited this long to watch this film. The story was compelling. Never felt like there was a dull moment. Denzel was out-fucking-standing in this.

Damn so I'm watching Angel, and I hate how sometimes it skips a minute forward or so. In many cases it ends up ruining a cold opening or something important to the plot. It's laaaame. Netflix fix this.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is out today! Sounds like it's getting some pretty great reviews. For the uninitiated, this is Tina Fey's newest work with Ellie Kemper.

Slacker

Finally listened to literally everyone ever and started working on The Fall. Everyone was right, it is really really good. Blew through the whole first season yesterday.

edit:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is out today! Sounds like it's getting some pretty great reviews. For the uninitiated, this is Tina Fey's newest work with Ellie Kemper.

Thanks for the heads up, really looking forward to this.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Blame It on the Streets (Action, Crime)
By the Gun (Drama, Crime)
Cat Run 2 (Action, Thriller)
Food Chains (Documentary, Social)
One Child Season 1 (TV, Drama)
The ABCs of Death 2 (Horror)
The Alps From Above: A Symphony of Summits (Documentary)
The Gospel of John: Reina-Valera 1960 (Drama, Faith)
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)

glow

Banned
GK86, is X-Files one of those TV series/movies comes and goes on Netflix? I want to watch the whole series but there's no way I could even come close to watching the whole thing before it expires on April 1st. I know it's on Netflix Canada but I'd prefer to watch it on US Netflix.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
GK86, is X-Files one of those TV series/movies comes and goes on Netflix? I want to watch the whole series but there's no way I could even come close to watching the whole thing before it expires on April 1st. I know it's on Netflix Canada but I'd prefer to watch it on US Netflix.

The X-Files isn't really a show that has come and gone. Pretty sure it has been available since it first came on a few years back.

Apparently, Fox is asking for more money from Netflix. Fox was about to pull Angel, Buffy and others, alongside X-Files. They struck deals to keep the other shows on Netflix. Fox and Netflix will probably work out a deal before the expiration date.

glow

Banned
The X-Files isn't really a show that has come and gone. Pretty sure it has been available since it first came on a few years back.

Apparently, Fox is asking for more money from Netflix. Fox was about to pull Angel, Buffy and others, alongside X-Files. They struck deals to keep the other shows on Netflix. Fox and Netflix will probably work out a deal before the expiration date.

K, thanks for that info. I hope Fox and Netflix can negotiate some kind of deal with their content.

jakncoke

Banned

according to instantwatcher it has been up april 1st 2010, so maybe they had a 5 year deal in place?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
K, thanks for that info. I hope Fox and Netflix can negotiate some kind of deal with their content.

Fox has the leverage. They inked deals with Amazon and Hulu for X-Files. And the reboot of X-Files is coming.

according to instantwatcher it has been up april 1st 2010, so maybe they had a 5 year deal in place?

Yeah, sounds about right.

Aiii

So not worth it
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is pretty freaking awesome.

As in, it's really really good. Can't believe NBC passed on this, idiots.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is pretty freaking awesome.

As in, it's really really good. Can't believe NBC passed on this, idiots.

I have only watched the first episode, but I like it so far. Seems like a very charming show.

OK I've watched half of Upstream Color. I kind of feel like my time could be better spent doing anything else.

Can anyone tell me if I should watch the rest?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I recently watched 'Happy Valley', a cop miniseries from the UK. It's very well done, but completely by the books. If you're keen on cop themed series or films, you pretty much know how it's going to play out. Still, I recommend it if you're into the genre.

I really like it so far (4 eps in).

Top Bottom