• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Watched the pilot of The Americans. They'll never be able to top that opening chase scene with Tusk playing in the background. That was brilliant. I'll keep watching.

Also finished the second season of Bates Motel, it's enjoyable pulp. I'm glad the finale
kinda spelled the end for the boring drug subplot, or so I hope.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I watched "The Woman Who Wasn't There" (since it expires soon), a documentary about a woman who completely fabricated and lived by a story of being a 9/11 survivor. It was pretty well done... and that ending, haha.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Collateral Damage (Action, Thriller)
Mad Men Season 7 (TV, Drama)
The Pirates (Action, Foreign)

Kaladin

Started Bloodlines, after two episodes I'm hooked. Love having The Keys as a backdrop to this show, it's one of my favorite areas for vacation and I'm honeymooning there next year.

Kaladin

The restaurant in Bloodlines where Danny meets Eric O'Bannon at for the first time is Alabama Jack's. It's in Key Largo but it's off the beaten path on Card Sound Road. Highly recommended (the food there ain't a week old) and they have great conch fritters. I try to stop there when I go to the Keys.

dsc_1191.jpg

And ..ah I've just finished Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Really good stuff, didn't really start strong for me, and I actually stopped halfway through the first ep. Powered on because of the good reviews here -- it really picks up.

Foshy

i just activated the free trial yesterday and i'm extremely LTTP. never really watched a lot of tv series or movies.

started watching sherlock yesterday because i heard people talk about it and wow it's great. watched the first 3 ep's all in a row.

other recommendations?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
i just activated the free trial yesterday and i'm extremely LTTP. never really watched a lot of tv series or movies.

started watching sherlock yesterday because i heard people talk about it and wow it's great. watched the first 3 ep's all in a row.

other recommendations?

Kimmy Schmidt (sp?) is pretty funny, as is Community

hamchan

other recommendations?

I also signed up yesterday because it's coming to Australia tomorrow, which made me interested enough to sign up on the US site since it's like 50c cheaper. Then I got a dns to access all the regions which increases the already large library even more.

There are too many recommendations because there are too many tv shows and movies oh god I'm drowning.

I predict there will be many hours just browsing.

The Fall season 1 is great, but in season 2 the suspension of belief that the writer requires of the audience is too much, and has the absolute worst police work I've seen in a cop drama like this (especially the police chief who is just there to get in the way and is utterly clueless to basic police procedure). I still want to keep going, but it's frustrating to watch. It would have worked better as just 6 episodes, done. They're actually making a 3rd season...

andycapps

I'm really enjoying Bloodlines. Trying to take my time to some extent, I usually blow through these shows too quickly. On episode 4 now. Kyle Chandler is always great, I like the slow burn of the show, and love the location.

tchocky

Has anyone checked out Australia content so far?

After a brief look a few I noticed

It seems it is the only region with the Akira Kurosawa films Sanjuro and Seven Samurai.
Has all 3 LOTR movies and the first 2 hobbit movies.
Has the first 2 Harry Potter movies.
Has Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me but not the tv series.
Doesn't seem to have a section for anime, but does have some anime I noticed some Naruto and Fairy Tail.
Seems to be the only region with Paris, Texas by Wim Wenders.
Has the BBC documentary Walking With Dinosaurs from 1999 and 8 David Attenborough documentaries.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thanks, guys. I'm in it for the LTOR movies. Well, the third one anyway. Been dying to see it for some reason.

I watched Open Windows. It's odd....very much a B movie, but good. It's one of those movies where the entire action takes place on a computer screen and while it wasn't bad, it was hard to get used to.

I couldn't get past the completely unrealistic tech aspect of it. That and Elijah Wood's Nickelodeon style over-acted facial expressions, which I'm assuming were intentional. It wasn't all terrible though, just hard for me to watch.

V/H/S Viral was OK. I thought it was better than the second one but, nowhere near the first one. Dark Tourist was pretty solid if you want something dark.

Gaf. I'm in need of a scary movie pleaseeeee

The Taking of Deborah Logan is good if you like found footage horror.

Kaladin

I couldn't get past the completely unrealistic tech aspect of it. That and Elijah Wood's Nickelodeon style over-acted facial expressions, which I'm assuming were intentional. It wasn't all terrible though, just hard for me to watch.

I can suspend disbelief when it comes to tech, it was hard to watch in little windows though and the plot got a little far fetched.

I can suspend disbelief when it comes to tech, it was hard to watch in little windows though and the plot got a little far fetched.

I can take some out there tech sometimes. Mainly in regards to science fiction, which I love. Often, when they try to portray a real world "hacker" or something of that ilk it just irritates me. It's one of the drawbacks of being in the field I guess.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

V/H/S Viral was OK. I thought it was better than the second one but, nowhere near the first one. Dark Tourist was pretty solid if you want something dark.

The Taking of Deborah Logan is good if you like found footage horror.
Thank you. I'll check it out tonight.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

You may want to tone down your excitement for the Zelda TV series that Netflix was reported to be working on last month. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata tells Time that The Wall Street Journal's story that first reported the partnership was "not based on correct information." On the surface, that makes it sound like Iwata is denying the report, but it's also quite possible that he's just being cagey. Iwata doesn't actually say that Nintendo isn't working with Netflix — just that some amount of information was incorrect. "As of now, I have nothing new to share with you in regard to the use of our IPs for any TV shows or films," he says.

What does that mean for Zelda on Netflix? The show was described as being in its "early stages" in the first place, so even if it really is in development, it's still likely a ways off. Compound that with Nintendo's hesitance to let others borrow its characters, and it's quite possible that it'll be some time before we hear more about any potential show.

Symphonia

Banned
Started using Tunlr last night, it works great for switching regions on the fly. Currently on the Canadian Netflix, but can anyone recommend anything from any of the others?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Lately when I start up Netflix on PS4, I get this annoying "BA-DUUMMM!!!" sound...what's up with that?
It's the new Netflix sound effect whenever their logo appears (which is now during start up and right before movies and shows). Whoever chose it needs to be fired from their marketing team.

andycapps

It's the new Netflix sound effect whenever their logo appears (which is now during start up and right before movies and shows). Whoever chose it needs to be fired from their marketing team.

To me it sounds like the sound that Frank Underwood made on the desk in the Oval Office at the end of Season 2 of House of Cards. Sounds like they made that their trademark.

Top Bottom