• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

How's the series? Saw alittle bit of episode one during its orignal run, but never stuck with it
I watched for Heather Lind (I think she might be one of the cutest women on the planet) but stayed for the story. Great acting, cool story, great time period and setting. And the villain guy is awesome. He's slimey and sorta scary all at once. Can't wait for season 2.

Netflix Australia has 22 Jump Street and Prisoners (this isn't available anywhere else) so there's a couple good things they have! I've been wanting to check out Prisoners for a while too.

PopFisto

Banned
Really Really enjoying Bloodline!

Netflix has really been bringing it this year with their original programming. This year they are a legit competitor to real networks. House of Card, Bloodline, Kimmy Smidt, and Daredevil coming up. Very impressive.

Ben Medehlson in Bloodline is great. Always been a fan of his. Although, his American accent is a bit strained, and his work with his natural Aussie, or even fake English accent is when he is really at his best.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Love Me (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
Monster High: Haunted (TV, Kids)
November Man (Action, Thriller)
Take Care (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
The Truth Behind: Atlantis (TV, Documentary)
Turn Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Viva la Liberta (Drama, Foreign)

UK:

Iron Man 3 (Action)
The King's Speech (Drama)

Is there a way to prevent Netflix from minimizing the credits?

Sometimes you watch something impactfull and want to bask in the moody credit music but the assholes minimize it and show you am ad for the next episode.

Do they think they're TBS?

tchocky

Is there a way to prevent Netflix from minimizing the credits?

Sometimes you watch something impactfull and want to bask in the moody credit music but the assholes minimize it and show you am ad for the next episode.

Do they think they're TBS?

On my PS3 when I select an episode from the episode list instead of play next episode it usually doesn't minimise the credits until I press the circle button.

On my PS3 when I select an episode from the episode list instead of play next episode it usually doesn't minimise the credits until I press the circle button.

Hmm I'll try that to see if it works.

It pisses me off to no end.

I'll even write them an angry letter if that doesn't work.

Cade

Netflix Australia has 22 Jump Street and Prisoners (this isn't available anywhere else) so there's a couple good things they have! I've been wanting to check out Prisoners for a while too.

Thanks for the heads up, just watched this. Blew my mind. I blame you personally for me sitting here in awe

C4Lukins

So some movies I watched over the past few days.

All Good Things: With all the talk about the Jinx recently, and after finishing that excellent series, I thought I should check out the film version. Of course it is the same director as the documentary. It is just ok, and he got a lot of things wrong with the film, but it is still interesting after the fact. It suffers from pacing, and it feels like it should be a three hour film, but so much of it gets jammed into the last 20 minutes.

Starring Kirsten Dunst, Ryan Gosling, Lily Rabe, Kristen Wigg, Nick Offerman and Frank Langella.

5/10

A Lonely Place to Die: In the tradition of films such as Black Rock, Eden Lake, and A Perfect Getaway, a group of people go out to the middle of nowhere on vacation and find themselves hunted. I really enjoyed it, more so then those other films I mentioned. There is more to it then a couple of crazy dudes murdering people without reason.

Starring Melissa George, Sean Harris, and Eamonn Walker

8/10

Dirty Pretty Things: a couple of hotel workers are escaping their past in the UK, but a series of events threatens to deport them or worse. Something malicious is occurring in the hotel, as human organs are discovered by the staff. An odd love story which is a bit of a mixed bag, but I enjoyed it.

Starring Chiwetel Ejofar and Audrey Taotuo

7/10

Devils Pass: A found footage film with an actual budget. Based on true events, 9 hikers died in the Russian mountains back in the 50's under mysterious circumstances. That is is as far as the true events go. A group of modern day westerners attempt to retrace their steps only to find themselves suffering a similar fate. It gets a bit silly but I still really had fun with it. If you check it out, I recommend avoiding looking at the Netflix preview screens. They really ruin the mystery.

Starring a bunch of no names

6/10

Chef: a Chef working at a well regarded restaurant receives a terrible review from a major food critic. The restaurant owner forces him to cook the same menu over and over again which leads to the chefs departure. He regains his passion for food by opening a food truck, and taking it in on a cross country voyage with his young son from Florida to California. Good stuff.

Starring Jon Favreau, John Leguizamo, Dustan Hoffman, Scarlett Johansson, Oliver Platt, Robert Downey Jr., and Sofia Vergara

8/10

Series 9 of Trailer Park Boys is now available to watch.

Sorry to shout it out put this show is amazing, remember watching it on TV on comedy central when it first came over to the UK with my dad. He loved it as well. Well worth your time

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Watch that movie with the Part 2 in the title. That Twilight was all sorts of crazy bad (in a good way). Part 1 was funny too.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Eva (Drama, SciFi, Foreign)
Inspector Gadget Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
The Almighty Johnsons Season 2-3 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
The Grand Season 1 (TV, Drama)
'Till Death Season 1-4 (TV, Comedy)
Trailer Park Boys Season 9 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)

Canada:

Dark Skies (Horror, SciFi)
Swearnet: The Movie (Comedy)
The Kick (Action, Foreign)
The Mindy Project Season 3 (TV, Comedy)

UK:

Bandits (Romantic, Comedy)
Breach (Thriller)
The Punisher ('04, Action)

Germany:

Celeste and Jesse Forever (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
New Girl Season 3 (TV, Comedy)

Slacker

Well let's give Inspector Gadget a whirl.

Let us know. From the trailer it looks pretty bad. Looks low budget too. Not "Food Fight" but close.

Though it doesn't look as horrible as Richie Rich.

Jumping on board the Bloodline bandwagon now. Looks excellent after one episode.

Based on the first episode, it's nice. It's a sequel series to the original '80s cartoon. Penny and Brain are older, and Gadget is as scatterbrained and defective as ever. The voice actor is no Don Adams, but he's not a bad choice. A lot of time is spent at the headquarters of...whatever organization Gadget and Penny work for, and there's an emphasis on futuristic technology like holographic displays. This first episode has Gadget and Penny working more closely together, but that might change over later episodes. The CG isn't great, but it gets the job done, and kids aren't going to complain about anti-aliasing or texture mapping.

I think kids would like this series if they're into the whole "secret agent" kind of series, but I don't know how much older fans would like it, which is saying something because of the continuity nods. I'm going to stick with it for a while.

Top Bottom