• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Haven't seen anyone mention it: Netflix recently(?) put up an original documentary series called Chef's Table that's wooonderful.

Xater

May looks disappointing to me. Nothing I really want to see. I mean there is some good stuff, but nothing that I don't already own or have seen a dozen times already.

Nota biggie though, still have enough on my watch list anyway...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I watched Hot Fuzz last night. It was alright. I guess I was expecting the whole movie to be like the last 30 minutes.

Futureman

watched about 2/3 of A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night.

my GF fell alseep so gotta finish tonight but...I loved it so far. The cinematography is really, really great. I'm basically a sucker for how a movie looks/sounds and this hit the spot.

The Canal was decent. Wolfcop is brilliant!

+1 on that. The Quiet Ones is a pretty decent movie as well.

For more drama type movies, I checked out Coldwater and Field of Lost Shoes. Coldwater was OK. Field of Lost Shoes was pretty good, I'd recommend it if you're into 1800s military drama, or just a good story in general.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I watched Flight and Olympus Has Fallen, both of which are expiring in the US at the end of the week. Both were quite good; Olympus Has Fallen actually surprised me a bit. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be. Nothing in particular stood out about it, but it was an engaging experience.

Akahige

Been watching the shit out of Mad Men, just finished Episode 7 of Season 6. I had seen Season 1-5 as it aired and thought 5 was terrible back then but on rewatch through the seasons I had seen I actually enjoyed that one a lot more than 4, the long break must have had made the show hard to get into without a re watch.

So far my ranking would be:
3 > 2 > 1 > 5 > 4

And goddamn does Betty get the short end of the stick with her story lines, she seriously had a good arc in Season 3 and it went to shit in Season 4 and 100% shit in Season 5.

The X-Files I only watch one episode and liked it, I will probably watch one a night if I can make the time.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bluebird (Indie, Drama)
Chef's Table Season 1 (Documentary, Netflix Original)
Chasing Ghosts (Family, Drama)
Kill Dil (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
National Treasure (Action)
Rocket Men (TV, Documentary, Science)
The Last Nazi Season 1 (TV, Documentary)

Finally caved and got a VPN. Mainly to get around MLB.TV blackouts, but it seems as though it's really good for Netflix as well. What are some must see movies and TV shows from other Netflix regions?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Alright I'm not a big fan of anime. There are maybe half a dozen movies/shows I've seen over the years that I really liked. One of those was Ghost in the Shell.

Yesterday I see three different GitS related titles (The title isn't GitS but I see it on the coverart). I'm wondering if these are good, and what order they aired.

The thing about netfilx, at least for me, is that for whatever reason it always rates anime really high. Like fives stars or near it, for soooo many anime. I have on occasion watched a bit of these highly rated shows and they weren't anything I liked. So seeing these GitS titles with high ratings, I can't really trust.

Just wondering if they're good or not. I do like GitS quite a lot.

Alright I'm not a big fan of anime. There are maybe half a dozen movies/shows I've seen over the years that I really liked. One of those was Ghost in the Shell.

Yesterday I see three different GitS related titles (The title isn't GitS but I see it on the coverart). I'm wondering if these are good, and what order they aired.

The thing about netfilx, at least for me, is that for whatever reason it always rates anime really high. Like fives stars or near it, for soooo many anime. I have on occasion watched a bit of these highly rated shows and they weren't anything I liked. So seeing these GitS titles with high ratings, I can't really trust.

Just wondering if they're good or not. I do like GitS quite a lot.

I liked the Arise series. Nothing wrong with more Motoko Kusanagi, especially if you're a fan.

The order is:

1. Ghost Pain
2. Ghost Whispers
3. Ghost Tears

They are 1 hour each. Unfortunately Netflix has been slow as hell to put up #4 Ghost Stands Alone. Been waiting forever.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I liked the Arise series. Nothing wrong with more Motoko Kusanagi, especially if you're a fan.

The order is:

1. Ghost Pain
2. Ghost Whispers
3. Ghost Tears

They are 1 hour each. Unfortunately Netflix has been slow as hell to put up #4 Ghost Stands Alone. Been waiting forever.

Thank you. Cool.

kingkitty

I'm trying to get into Fringe. I heard it gets better than Season 1...

I hope so. I'm on episode 5....and I think I might need to find a skip/watch guide lol.

BFIB

I hope so. I'm on episode 5....and I think I might need to find a skip/watch guide lol.

Just keep pushing. I'd say until about episode 15 or so of Fringe S1 is pretty terrible.

But once the larger story opens up, it gets real good, real fast.

It gets way better. The first half of season one is a bit shaky - the writers can't decide if it's procedural/episodic or serial. Once the show starts focusing on the continuous serial aspects, you'll be hooked.

lordxar

Fringe ruled! I watched it right after the X Files so it was a bit samey samey at first but holy shit once S1 ends it goes a whole new direction and all that stuff from S1 gets tied together.

jakncoke

Banned
I need to get more involved with the thread again. Been just mostly rewatched lately. Usually only post movies when ive seen them for the first time.

Kaladin

Sons of Anarchy Season 7....man this show just doesn't give any fucks anymore. I think that's what makes it fun. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Karu

Having watched the entire first season will pay off big later. Stick with it.
FFourth sucks in a major way, though. Last season is crippled by Budget constrains if I remember correctly, but they did a decent job.

Fringe overall had a great cast and premise. Some outstanding arcs and episodes, but never truly did the trick for me.

Yeah Fringe is such a slow burner, but I think that was needed to set up future events/episodes.

The thing I liked about Fringe is that they never really dragged anything out for too long. They were good about leaving a trail of crumbs to something, answering it, and then being like, "Oh, look! Here is another trail of crumbs leading to something. You should follow it."

I don't think anything was really dragged out mystery wise for more than a season except for what The Observers were.

empyrean

Anyone using an unlock service (like ad free time) had issues with Netflix saving their location of where they are up to watching a film / tv episode? Recently it keeps forgetting that I'm part of the way through episodes :(

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anyone using an unlock service (like ad free time) had issues with Netflix saving their location of where they are up to watching a film / tv episode? Recently it keeps forgetting that I'm part of the way through episodes :(

Sometimes. But only when I switch to another location and try picking up where I left off.

Ketch

So if you use one of those ad block sites you can watch any movie from any region at any time? or do you have to like select the netherland region or whatever?

and then are those movies in english?

region locking is so stupid in 2015

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You can pick any region, any time, switch as fast as you can click the buttons. The movies are in English (except foreign films of course) and the subtitles are usually in the native language of the region.

Top Bottom