• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Babadook was overhyped. Hardly scary and pretty much cookie cutter in all other aspects.

That kid though...I wanted to stop watching it just because he was so annoying. Props to the acting?

Probably method acting.

Didn't care for The Babadook, but I think that's because I'm searching for a horror movie with deep lore.. and this movie was basically just subtext bashing you over the head, then checking off a list of what it thinks horror movies are. I ended up thinking the kid was the best part of the movie, though.

I have to admit, watching him go
Home Alone on the Mom/Babadook was ridiculously funny.

Guardians of the Galaxy is up in The Netherlands, unsure about other territories.

I have to give it a rewatch. One of my favorite films last year.

When is the US going to get more Disney and Marvel movies?

Next year.

empyrean

Just watched Fed Up, great documentary (i've watched a lot of similar ones) doesn't bring a lot new to the table but enjoyable nonetheless.

I seem to have lost 'max' on my ps4 :(, anyone know if its been removed?

And .... Vanilla Sky is pretty decent, nothing special, but I think most people would like it by the end. Starts out all artsy but most everyone will get it by the end, or at least that's how I felt on first viewing as a pretentious film buff, my cousin who just consumes mainstream art really loved it, all in all I would recommend it.

Guardians of the Galaxy is up in The Netherlands, unsure about other territories.

Does the movie have any subtitles? foreign or alien languages?
I use getflix, which has a subtitle blocker that blocks all subtitles, even alien speak.

My brother watched the second Thor movie on the Swedish Netflix a few months back and had to look up a transcript to get the alien dialogue.
I thought English subtitles for that kind of stuff was hard coded into the film or whatever but I guess that's not always the case.

And .... Vanilla Sky is pretty decent, nothing special, but I think most people would like it by the end. Starts out all artsy but most everyone will get it by the end, or at least that's how I felt on first viewing as a pretentious film buff, my cousin who just consumes mainstream art really loved it, all in all I would recommend it.

The spanish original is superior in every way to the Hollywood remake. I watched Vanilla Sky several years after the original, and I remember that it didn't impress me that much. The rule of thumb is to always watch the original instead of the Hollywood rehash.

Does the movie have any subtitles? foreign or alien languages?
I use getflix, which has a subtitle blocker that blocks all subtitles, even alien speak.

My brother watched the second Thor movie on the Swedish Netflix a few months back and had to look up a transcript to get the alien dialogue.
I thought English subtitles for that kind of stuff was hard coded into the film or whatever but I guess that's not always the case.
GotG only has a few lines in alien speak, but nothing even remotely relevant to the plot. Pretty much 99% of the dialogue is in English.

Yeah I just checked, GOTG only has audio in English with Subtitles Off, English CC or Dutch. No need for subtitle blocker then.

Guess I'll watch that tonight.

The spanish original is superior in every way to the Hollywood remake. I watched Vanilla Sky several years after the original, and I remember that it didn't impress me that much. The rule of thumb is to always watch the original instead of the Hollywood rehash.

I definitely would have if I knew it was a remake. Too bad I guess. Still enjoyed my time with the film nonetheless.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bhoothnath Returns (Drama, SciFi, Bollywood)
Noah (Drama)
No Tear for the Dead (Thriller, Drama, Foreign)
Skating to NY (Indie, Drama)

UK:

Oblivion (Action, SciFi)
Peaky Blinders Season 1 (TV, Drama)

France:

Bee Movie (Family, Animation)
Flushed Away (Family, Animation)
Mission to Mars (Action, SciFi)
Suits Season 3 (TV, Drama)

Australia:

Are You Afraid of the Dark? Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Arthur Season 13-14 (TV, Kids)
Dreamer (Family, Drama)
Earth (Documentary, Nature)
Final Destination 2 (Horror, Supernatural)
Law Abiding Citizen (Thriller, Crime)
MythBusters Season 7 (TV, Reality)
The Spirit (Action)
Where the Wild Things Are (Family)

Mexico:

Wilfred Season 4 (TV, Comedy)

Netherlands:

The Purge (Thriller)

I actually really liked the Babadook.
Great heady kind of thriller that made me think about the deeper message.

I'm still working my way through Friends. Almost on season 7 since it launched in January. That's almost 150 episodes. :eek:

Susurrus

This is a bit OT, still Netflix but related to discs.

Got an email titled "Shipping Today!" and read:
"Great news! Your next disc is already on its way! We are continually making improvements to deliver your entertainment to you as quickly as possible. Providing our valued customers with incredible service is our top priority.

Thanks, and enjoy the show.

Your friends at Netflix DVD"

Shortly after got notification of disc shipment for my next in queue.

On the site, it doesn't show any disc have being returned, so it just shows as an extra disc. And under "Why do you have an extra disc?" it says "We received notice that you returned a disc, so we have shipped the next available disc from your Queue."

I'm confused what is going on here. Obviously not complaining as there's nothing to complain about, just curious and wondering if anyone else got the same thing.

If it matters, I did send in a disc a few days, but am at an APO so it takes a bit longer to go each direction, and it isn't longer wait than normal (quite a bit shorter, actually).

Kaladin

This is a bit OT, still Netflix but related to discs.

Got an email titled "Shipping Today!" and read:
"Great news! Your next disc is already on its way! We are continually making improvements to deliver your entertainment to you as quickly as possible. Providing our valued customers with incredible service is our top priority.

Thanks, and enjoy the show.

Your friends at Netflix DVD"

Shortly after got notification of disc shipment for my next in queue.

On the site, it doesn't show any disc have being returned, so it just shows as an extra disc. And under "Why do you have an extra disc?" it says "We received notice that you returned a disc, so we have shipped the next available disc from your Queue."

I'm confused what is going on here. Obviously not complaining as there's nothing to complain about, just curious and wondering if anyone else got the same thing.

If it matters, I did send in a disc a few days, but am at an APO so it takes a bit longer to go each direction, and it isn't longer wait than normal (quite a bit shorter, actually).

Basically Netflix has a system in place where it knows when a movie you have returned hits the post office. I think it has to do with the barcodes on the slip case. Anyway, when they detect that the disc that you rented has been scanned at a post office, they go ahead and send another one.

I basically put my discs in the mail, the next one is shipped to me the next day, then I get my new disc the day after that. It really cuts down turnaround time.

rexor0717

Due to Daredevil being so good I'm now really excited for AKA Jessica Jones, so I started watching Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23. Shows pretty funny, not great, but worth watching. Also Titus Andromedon > Luther for days.

Salsa

A girl walks home alone at night should show up today (21st)

lookin forward to it

watched The Babadook yesterday and really liked it

amrod

Scrotal Recall was pretty good... You could tell what was going to happen by the end episode but overall worth watching, I want season 2 :)!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (Horror, Foreign)
Altar (Horror, Supernatural)
Living Is Easy with Eyes Closed (Drama, Foreign)
Saving Grace Season 1-3 (TV, Drama)

Salsa

do it

0DTo1YH.png

Top Bottom