• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

RedAssedApe

Banned
the selection in non-us regions is so much better, it's rediculous. what gives?

probably cost them less to license content. also some content might be locked to other services and or content providers don't want to license because netflix is a direct competitor to them. combination of all that really.

hamchan

It's not. The US has like double the amount of content compared to the 2nd most, Canada. You just think it's better because when you first look it's different.

It isn't, maybe when it comes to recent big budget movies. But when looking at older movies or shows and lesser budget movies I think the US has by far the best offering. And you are comparing something you are used to. Also you may mentally lump all the regions together so that you compare the US to multiple regions at once.

If I had to choose between the US Netflix or a single different region, US Netflix any time.

kiguel182

It isn't, maybe when it comes to recent big budget movies. But when looking at older movies or shows and lesser budget movies I think the US has by far the best offering. And you are comparing something you are used to. Also you may mentally lump all the regions together so that you compare the US to multiple regions at once.

If I had to choose between the US Netflix or a single different region, US Netflix any time.

Fortunately, there's no need to choose.

jakncoke

Banned
Ghost World was a blind watch with fairly a lot of checks on ICM didnt expect the type of movie coming from the movie title. A young scarlet johannson and thoro birch with Steve Buscem really make a enjoyable movie

Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny much like most jack black movies i didnt really care for it. i think its his acting style that just rubs me the wrong way

Saw 4: standard saw fare decent to a point though

X-Men: Days of Future Past finally watched and and enjoyed it

I shall make another update whenever I reach 4 or 5 new movies watched

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Face/Off (Canada): This was the first time I ever watched it. I figured it was a classic I should watch.

What a ridiculous film. And I say that in the best, possible way. This was downright amazing. From the crazy premise to everything under the sun exploding, it was a magical ride. I think this was my first John Woo film too. Great action film, made even better by two crazy actors
trying to act like the other.
Watch this.

Kings of Summer (Canada): Excellent little indie flick. It was well written. All the characters were great, but the best character has to be, Moises Arias as Biaggio. He was too funny in this and I was laughing every time he opened his mouth. Nick Offerman stole some scenes as well. The score was fantastic as well. All around a great film.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

#chicagoGirl (Documentary, Political)
Anita (Documentary, Political)
Bratz: Good Vibes (Kids)
Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam (Kids)
D.L. Hughley: Clear (Standup)
Double Whammy (Indie, Comedy)
Knockout (Action)
Lalaloopsy: Festival of Sugary Sweets (Kids)
Meet the Mormons (Documentary, Faith)
Melissa & Joey Season 4 (TV, Comedy)
Quincy, M.E. Season 3 (TV, Drama)
Royal Pains Season 6 (TV, Drama)
Switched at Birth Season 4 (TV, Drama)

Canada:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Gods of the Arena (TV, Drama)

Germany:

The Hangover III (Comedy)
The Long Ranger (Action)

Stackboy

Blazed through a few episodes of Derek yesterday. Haven't been much of a fan of Ricky Gervais of late, but this show is really good. Check it out.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I see what you did there with Super Troopers.

tumblr_m9k621fdMK1ry5v76o7_500.gif

Cade

Stripped, the comic strip documentary with art by and an interview (? don't remember) with Bill Watterson, is up on Netflix Canada

Sajjaja

So I just watched The Babadook. Supposedly universal acclaim across GAF and Rotten Tomatoes. What a disappointment. This was supposed to be scary?

lordxar

So I just watched The Babadook. Supposedly universal acclaim across GAF and Rotten Tomatoes. What a disappointment. This was supposed to be scary?

Wasn't the best thing eva but it had a cool story. Ending was, uh odd and I could have stood to see the kid eaten but wasn't bad overall.

Nyx

Binged 2 seasons of OITNB in a week...

I need a life!
But that was very entertaining, should have given it a chance a lot earlier I guess but at least I'm on time for S3 in June.

Siegmeyer

Watched the first episode of Fargo yesterday, thought it was great. Not sure about Martin Freeman so far, he seems to be copying William H Macy too much, but Billy Bob Thornton was fucking terrific.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Few Best Men (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Futuro Beach (Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
Hayride 2 (Horror)
Little Hope Was Arson (Documentary, Social)
The Epic of Everest (Documentary, Historical)
The Homesman (Drama, Western)
The Longest Week (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)

Stackboy

Watched They Came Together on Friday night, really funny stuff. I wonder how it ever got made, it's so weird and would be hard to market, even with all those great actors in it.

PrawnyNZ

Watched They Came Together on Friday night, really funny stuff. I wonder how it ever got made, it's so weird and would be hard to market, even with all those great actors in it.

Exactly what I thought - how did they convince a studio to make it? "We have a rom-com but anytime the audience starts to feel too comfortable we'll throw in some elements of Airplane."

Really enjoyed it though.

Ainsz

Can't reccomend the film Ronin enough. I would have never of this fantastic film had I not heard Clarkdon quickly mention it in an episode of Top Gear.

How this film isn't as well known as the likes of Heat and Point Break is a shame. For me, it was a far better film than those two. I've never seen a film with such attention to detail and gritty realism without getting bogged down by it. And has a great plot, cast, pacing and cinematography all in the same package.

And obviously, some of the best car chases put to film. Makes Fast And Furious look like Ronald McDonald chasing the Hamburglar.

Edit: Forgot to mention, among a lot of regions - you can watch film on the Brazilian Netflix.

MisterR

Can't reccomend the film Ronin enough. I would have never of this fantastic film had I not heard Clarkdon quickly mention it in an episode of Top Gear.

How this film isn't as well known as the likes of Heat and Point Break is a shame. For me, it was a far better film than those two. I've never seen a film with such attention to detail and gritty realism without getting bogged down by it. And has a great plot, cast, pacing and cinematography all in the same package.

And obviously, some of the best car chases put to film. Makes Fast And Furious look like Ronald McDonald chasing the Hamburglar.

I love Ronin. Great flick.

neoism

Soo guys is the first month free based on accounts or the credit card used..?
I used my card on my cousins account a few months back and it expired the end month on it was 4/15 we'll I started my own new account with anew email and used my new issued card and they charged me the 8.99 for my first month on this account. So is it once you use a card with them you can't get the first free with the card number again??

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Concerning Violence (Documentary, Social, Foreign)
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet Season 1(Anime)
K Season 1 (Anime)
Nure: Rise of the Yokia Clan: Demon Capital Season 1 (Anime)
The Sixth Sense (Thriller)

Canada:

K Season 1 (Anime)
Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne Season 1-2 (Anime)
Nure: Rise of the Yokia Clan: Demon Capital Season 1 (Anime)

France:

Green Lantern (Action)
Hall Pass (Comedy)

Australia:

Planes: Fire & Rescue (Family, Animation)

Sweden:

Captain America: The First Avenger (Action)
Cyberbully (Drama)
Signs (Thriller, SciFi)

Netherlands:

About TIme (Romantic, Comedy)
Admission (Romantic, Comedy)
Biutiful (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Donnie Darko (Indie, Drama, SciFi)
Persepolis (Drama, Foreign)
The Help (Drama)
The World's End (Comedy)

Wachowski Brothers' first movie is on Netflix I see.... "Bound."

watch it?

Hell yes!

imdb says there's a graphic boob scene in it, so yes.

Seems as good a reason as any!

I will admit, when the movie first came out and I was in high school, I only wanted to see it because of the hot lesbian sex scene between Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly. I wasn't ready for it to also be an awesome thriller on top of that. The movie really is fantastic, and very tense. I would love to see the Wachowski's go back and do something small scale like this again.

Cade

Man I have no idea what Sense8 is about from that trailer besides the obvious but I'm down. Netflix stay killing it.

El Topo

In other news, the first episode of season 2 of Penny Dreadful should be up in various regions (France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland & Benelux).

Top Bottom