• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah, it's actually a really entertaining movie, great ensemble cast. But I love Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler. I'm watching it again right now :)

Watched They Came Together on Friday night, really funny stuff. I wonder how it ever got made, it's so weird and would be hard to market, even with all those great actors in it.

Exactly what I thought - how did they convince a studio to make it? "We have a rom-com but anytime the audience starts to feel too comfortable we'll throw in some elements of Airplane."

Really enjoyed it though.

It was great. Definitely agree with the Airplane elements (one of the reasons I gave it a watch too). The sex scene and the bathroom scenes had me dying. The cast was impressive too.

jakncoke

Banned
Saw 5: I cant believe they did the movie like they did after how they did 4

Treasure Planet: I was drunk when I watched this and still couldnt be fucked to find it interesting.

Disaster Movie: Not many movies can be literally described in their movie title

The Man with the Iron Mask: It was ok but had so much more potential with its setting

Anybody been having issues with the Netflix app on Xbox One?

Every day for the last week or so we try to launch it and we get an error. Only way to get rid of the error is to unlink the Xbox from our account and relink/sync/whatever it. Then we can watch it until we turn the Xbox off, and then we're back in the same boat again. Over and over.

Extremely frustrating.

Repo Man

Holy moly! Just watched the first episode of Netflix's Chefs Table and that was awesome! Beautifully shot and lots of inside info as to what goes into a Michelin star kitchen, this show is a must for a foodie but its just as good or even better if you ain't one ( which I ain't ).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Holy moly! Just watched the first episode of Netflix's Chefs Table and that was awesome! Beautifully shot and lots of inside info as to what goes into a Michelin star kitchen, this show is a must for a foodie but its just as good or even better if you ain't one ( which I ain't ).

Just watched a random episode. I really liked it. The production and the cinematography were both great. I'm going to try and finish the series over the weekend. Netflix continues to knock it out of the park for me.

http://unogs.com/stats/

I found this cool new site :D

Thanks. Added to the OP.

El Topo

Only Botswana, New Zealand, Australia and Austria have less movies than Germany. Huh. Didn't think Australian Netflix would be that bad.

moojito

Bah, I just started watching farscape, and I see it's due for the chop at the end of the month. To marathon, or not to marathon?

Only Botswana, New Zealand, Australia and Austria have less movies than Germany. Huh. Didn't think Australian Netflix would be that bad.

Netflix have to deal with a lot of existing deals here, Foxtel has a lot of content locked up. A few other streaming options also opened not long before Netflix which sucked up a lot of deals, once they expire I expect Netflix will bulk up due to how popular it's been already.

http://unogs.com/stats/

I found this cool new site :D

Wow thanks for this!

neoism

Soo guys is the first month free based on accounts or the credit card used..?
I used my card on my cousins account a few months back and it expired the end month on it was 4/15 we'll I started my own new account with anew email and used my new issued card and they charged me the 8.99 for my first month on this account. So is it once you use a card with them you can't get the first free with the card number again??

Anyone know the answer to this please?

neoism

I thought it was account based. I have signed up for three accounts, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't charged for the first month.

Ok thanks guess I will call them.. Not sure I'll need for another month anyway once I finish gilmore girls.. Other than maybe rewatching TWD...

What the fuck is AMC fucking problem.. I was lucky and caught the TWD marathon that happened the night of the season 5 finale but didn't DVR but the first 10 episodes.... :( the others didn't play that day, they have not repeated any eps on that channel once since then..doesn't make any sense... :/... I need those last 6 episodes....

Flipstable.gif

I haven't loved a show this much since lost... Watching the first 4 seasons in 3 weeks was fucking amazing I watched season 2 in one sitting, it's how to watch tv... Plus the 1080p looks away fucking better than the shittier 1080i on DISH.

jakncoke

Banned
Netflix is in Botswana? :lol

Yeah ive been using netflix around the world and totally forgot that netflix has been doing rapid expansion. This new site says there is 14484 unique titles, I wonder if that just pertains to movies or if it includes tv shows and how is that handled is each season counted as a unique or otherwise then I wonder how many of them ive seen overall and seen while they were on netflix. Its always funny and interesting to me to click on a title and wonder if I ever seen it while on netflix only to find out I seen it previously on netflix like 3-4+ years ago.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Dirty Girl (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas (Comedy)
White Haired Witch (Action, Fantasy, Foreign)

Mexico:

Oblivion (Action, SciFi)
Warm Bodies (Romantic, Comedy, Zombie)
Wolf Hall Season 1 (TV, Drama)

neoism

Finally got around to watching the first episode of Daredevil. Holy shit, was this good.

lol Ive been on the fence until I found out just today that Deborah Ann Woll is in this @_@ I never cared for Daredevil and the movie lol made it worse but will watch for her. For some reason I thought she was quitting acting after True Blood...

ninanuam

Banned
I was sick yesterday...couldn't sleep couldn't really think.

I watched every Jason statham movie available on Netflix in Australia....and Guardians of the galaxy, and balls of fury.

yes I was that sick.

888eddyx

So anyone know if Agent Carter is coming to Netflix? I plan on starting Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. soon, and I figure I might as well watch that too while I'm at it.

Tak3n

Banned
I appreciate it is not that big, but Garfield (the current series) has disappeared, my 7 year olds world just collapsed

GeoramA

lol Ive been on the fence until I found out just today that Deborah Ann Woll is in this @_@ I never cared for Daredevil and the movie lol made it worse but will watch for her. For some reason I thought she was quitting acting after True Blood...
She's terrific as the main female role. Although it's weird seeing her cry real tears instead of blood ;)

El Topo

Netflix have to deal with a lot of existing deals here, Foxtel has a lot of content locked up. A few other streaming options also opened not long before Netflix which sucked up a lot of deals, once they expire I expect Netflix will bulk up due to how popular it's been already.

You should temper your expectations. It's been almost eight months since Netflix launched in more parts of Europe (France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium and Luxembourg) and outside of their own productions they haven't really blown away local audiences. These deals, if they are in place, won't go away anytime soon.

Karu

Watched Once. Wow, comes right into the 'special movie' folder. Amazing film.

Also watched first two eps of Chefs Table. Recommended, the circle jerk-esque style of documentarys like this still annoys me, though.

Only launched last month over here(NZ) and Australia. Even with the small selection i've been watching alot of stuff.

Edit: sorry for double post.

Also watched first two eps of Chefs Table. Recommended, the circle jerk-esque style of documentarys like this still annoys me, though.

I've found it really up and down, mostly, I guess, based on the Chefs personality. I loved the first episode, then though the next couple were pretty disappointing.
Still going to watch the last couple though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Coraline (Australia): I loved this movie. It was charming, beautiful shot and has a good story. The characters were fun and memorable. The stop motion/animation was stunning. Seriously, it blew me away. I think it is well worth the watch for that reason alone.

Oblivion (Australia): It was an ok action/scifi movie. While I think it was visually amazing, the rest of the movie isn't up to par. The story is kinda predictable. Cruise is Cruise.

Hobo With a Shotgun (Australia): Ridiculous, over-the-top movie. It became more and more insane by the minute. The amount of gore and blood was great. The acting was campy. The plot was simple. Good way to spend the afternoon.

Top Bottom