• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Jinn (Thriller, Supernatural)
Rabbit Hole (Indie, Drama)
Slugterra: Slug Fu Showdown (Family)
The Liberator (Drama, Foreign)

Kaladin

Finished Season 1 of Damages. I watched this show after people here recommended it after loving Bloodlines. Digging it so far, even if it can be predictable. Looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

lordxar

Hobo With a Shotgun (Australia): Ridiculous, over-the-top movie. It became more and more insane by the minute. The amount of gore and blood was great. The acting was campy. The plot was simple. Good way to spend the afternoon.

Way over the top but was definitely a fun movie"

Finished Season 1 of Damages. I watched this show after people here recommended it after loving Bloodlines. Digging it so far, even if it can be predictable. Looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

S1 & S2 was good, S3 wasn't bad, S4 drug the hell on but ended well. I'm on S5 now which is pretty interesting so far. Not a bad show but I could have lived without S4...

Stackboy

Watched Silver Linings Playbook and the most recent Muppet movie over the weekend. Both were pretty average. Jennifer Lawrence plays wounded characters really well though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm doing the 50/50 challenge (50 books and 50 movies). I just hit 50 movies today. And that isn't counting movies I rewatched. I think I might have a problem.

Yeah, the movies part I knew I would have locked. But I wasn't expecting to hit 50 by early May.

50 in a year. Like Ham said, it is easier than it looks.
I meant the 50 books part, or are you talking about that too?

Bouta search Amazon for a book to buy actually

Newman96

An Idiot Abroad
IT Crowd
Portlandia
Comedy Bang Bang
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
30 Rock

The Thick of It is probably my favourite on Netflix, it's quite "British" though so that might effect whether or not you like it. Made by the same guy who's currently doing 'Veep'.

Aiii

So not worth it
Finally getting around to my Sliders rewatch (until
the Professor leaves the show, the rest doesn't exist
) that I've been planning on since 2013. In fact, the pilot was one of the first things I watched when I discovered DNS unlocking services and got a Netflix subs.

Regardless, the show is in there in broadcast order and not in intended order, so that sucks. Now I have to keep checking Wikipedia to find the next episode. Shame.

Kaladin

Watched Left Behind (2014) last night. It was such a B movie. I actually like that they didn't leave out the religious aspect of the story, though they were a bit heavy handed. They could do so much more with the apocalypse side of things, but it turned mostly into a Nicolas Cage must land this plane movie.

C

The last 20 minutes of Big Trouble in Little China might be the most WTF thing in a movie I've ever seen.
A giant floating eyeball... thing? A guy punched a gun into dust then filling himself with air until he explodes. Kurt Russell catches a knife with his hand then throws it back.
Seriously, WHAT is this movie? It's like 17 eighth graders wrote this thing. It's hilarious.

The last 20 minutes of Big Trouble in Little China might be the most WTF thing in a movie I've ever seen.
A giant floating eyeball... thing? A guy punched a gun into dust then filling himself with air until he explodes. Kurt Russell catches a knife with his hand then throws it back.
Seriously, WHAT is this movie? It's like 17 eighth graders wrote this thing. It's hilarious.

I know. Isn't it great?

lordxar

80's movie...represent!

sdijoseph

I just noticed that apparently The Clone Wars isn't in HD (3000 quality) on Netflix anymore. Why would they keep the show, but at a lower quality? Does anyone know of any other service that has the clone wars right now?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, recently just watched the conjuring on netflix, and is it a film people find genuinely scary? I know it's kind of the point for the source material but most of it come off as incredibly corny due to it honestly.

Nyx

So, recently just watched the conjuring on netflix, and is it a film people find genuinely scary? I know it's kind of the point for the source material but most of it come off as incredibly corny due to it honestly.

They should have named it The Cliche.

Slacker

Grace & Frankie is pretty good. The first few episodes worried me a bit with what felt like a bit of an old-fashioned humor vibe (look at Frankie! She's weird! It's funny!), but once it settles in it gets much better. Not uncommon at all for a new show to take a bit to find its feet I suppose. The casting is just perfect, although it's weird watching Jack McCoy kissing President Bartlett (half-kidding about that - while Martin Sheen's character reminds me of Bartlett, Sam Waterston does a great job making his character new). And everyone looks dang good in their 70s. Good stuff.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Fruitvale Station (Indie, Drama)
Icetastrophe (Action, SciFi)
Russell Madness (Kids)
The Sleepwalker (Indie, Drama)
Tip Top (Comedy)

France:

Three Kinds (Drama, War)

Germany:

Four Christmases (Comedy)
Superman Returns (Action)

Netherlands:

Elysium (Action, SciFi)
Hellboy II: The Golden Army (Action, Fantasy)
Planet of the Apes ('01, Action, SciFi)

Toothless

Ooh, Fruitvale! *adds to queue* Been meaning to rewatch it.

I just installed Hola, and I was wondering about these shows (been looking through a few countries, but I figure I might get a quicker answer here)

Red Band Society
Gracepoint
The Flash
Jane the Virgin
Agent Carter
Powers
John Adams
True Detective
Gravity Falls (Season 2)
The Legend of Korra (past season 2)
Steven Universe
Over the Garden Wall
Mozart in the Jungle
Galavant
Star vs. the Forces of Evil
Star Wars: Rebels
Fresh Off the Boat
Last Man on Earth
The Comedians
The Tick
Rick and Morty
Clone High

I have a feeling a lot of these aren't available anywhere, but I figure I should just ask.

Ooh, Fruitvale! *adds to queue* Been meaning to rewatch it.

I just installed Hola, and I was wondering about these shows (been looking through a few countries, but I figure I might get a quicker answer here)

Red Band Society
Gracepoint
The Flash
Jane the Virgin
Agent Carter
Powers
John Adams
True Detective
Gravity Falls (Season 2)
The Legend of Korra (past season 2)
Steven Universe
Over the Garden Wall
Mozart in the Jungle
Galavant
Star vs. the Forces of Evil
Star Wars: Rebels
Fresh Off the Boat
Last Man on Earth
The Comedians
The Tick
Rick and Morty
Clone High

I have a feeling a lot of these aren't available anywhere, but I figure I should just ask.
Flash is one of the most fun and entertaining shows right now. It is unashamed of its comic book roots and runs (ha!) with it. It isn't going to win any awards, but damn is it fun every week.

Galavant is another fun one. Great songs in it too.

Agent Carter starts off really fun, then ends fairly decent. My wife and I liked it because it was just a light distraction from everything else. I am very happy about it returning though. My wife and I both love Haley Attwell in the roll.

True Detective doesn't need any more said about it. Just watch it.

Jane the Virgin was the biggest surprise this past year for me. It perfectly walks that incredibly thin line between ridiculously stupid and brilliant. It is really hard to describe, but the show has more charm than anything I have seen in the last couple of years. I cannot recommend it enough.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Use moreflicks.com to check what is available across any Netflix region. Make sure to click the "TV shows" tab, when searching for TV shows.

Karu

So, I was planning to rewatch the first season of Digimon, because...fuck life.
Episodes starts, super excited and then... the intro...

AMERICA! What the fuck have you done with the intro? Welp, plans cancelled. The german on is SO SO awesome. Noooo.... :-(

Toothless

Flash is one of the most fun and entertaining shows right now. It is unashamed of its comic book roots and runs (ha!) with it. It isn't going to win any awards, but damn is it fun every week.

Galavant is another fun one. Great songs in it too.

Agent Carter starts off really fun, then ends fairly decent. My wife and I liked it because it was just a light distraction from everything else. I am very happy about it returning though. My wife and I both love Haley Attwell in the roll.

True Detective doesn't need any more said about it. Just watch it.

Jane the Virgin was the biggest surprise this past year for me. It perfectly walks that incredibly thin line between ridiculously stupid and brilliant. It is really hard to describe, but the show has more charm than anything I have seen in the last couple of years. I cannot recommend it enough.

Thank you! All of them are on my queue, but I'll move these five up. :)

Use moreflicks.com to check what is available across any Netflix region. Make sure to click the "TV shows" tab, when searching for TV shows.

Also thanks! It wasn't working for me last night, but I used it a bit earlier today on your suggestion, and it worked! :D

OraleeWey

I need more recommendations!

Just want to watch a movie, no series.

What are the lesser know movies but we're still great to watch? Movies that one would otherwise miss.

tim.mbp

I need more recommendations!

Just want to watch a movie, no series.

What are the lesser know movies but we're still great to watch? Movies that one would otherwise miss.

I don't know about lesser known, but these are the last films I watched:

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - spy thriller, amazing cast
K-19: The Widowmaker - Kathryn Bigelow, Ford & Neeson
Murder on the Home Front - period TV mystery
Tracks - based on true story of a woman crossing Australian desert
Days of Heaven - classic Terrence Malick
Mud - McConaughey plus a coming of age film for some kids, bonus Sam Shepard
The Hunter - Willem Dafoe thriller
Charade - Grant & Hepburn romantic comedy

OraleeWey

Thanks. I'll add them to my list.

Charade is so damn good.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

12 Horas 2 Minutos (Documentary, Biographical, Foreign)
After (Thriller, SciFi)
Bandidos Legendarios de Mexico (Documentary, Political, Foreign)
Corky Romano (Comedy)
Earthquake of Mexico (Documentary, Social)
Fist of Legend (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)
GiveMe Shelter (Documentary, Nature)
La Red Nazi en Mexico (TV, Documentary)
Magical Universe (Documentary, Biographical)
Maidan (Documentary, Social, Foreign)
Metastasis Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
One Upon a Time in Mumbaai (Crime, Drama, Foreign)
One Upon a Time in Mumbaai Dobaara (Crime, Drama, Foreign)
Porque el Amor Manda Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Revolucion Mexican (Documentary, Cultural, Foreign)
Sagrada: The Mystery of Creation (Documentary, Foreign)
The Enforcer (Action, Marital Arts, Foreign)
The Identical (Drama, Faith)
The Killer (Drama, Crime, Foreign)
The Universe Season 1 (TV, Documentary, Science)
When Calls the Heart Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Young & Hungry Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
Zapata, Lives (Documentary, Biographical)

Canada:

Where the Devil Hides (Horror, Thriller)

UK:

Anastasia (Family, Animation)
Instructions Not Included (Comedy, Foreign)

Sweden:

Night Train to Lisbon (Drama, Foreign)

Top Bottom