• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Kaladin

I tried to watch Heart of Dixie.

Good god that show is bad.....like really bad. You're slammed with stereotypes and stuff straight out of a romantic comedy right off the bat. Cringe worthy.

Minus 5 stars.

strafer

So I just went through Agents of Shield season 1.

Excellent show. A slow start but took later it took off. Can't wait to get into season 2.

Also;

Ward you double crossing motherfucker...I actually liked that guy.

Is The Enforcer the old Jet Li one? If so, it has some awesome fights.

And The Killer is a masterpiece of action cinema. When people talk about how amazing John Woo was and how influential he was, The Killer and Hard Boiled are the reasons people say that.

TCRS

Banned
guys and gals I need something long to watch. like 3 hours. recommend something pls.

I wanted to finally watch Das Boot but its all gone, everywhere :/

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Since I'm rocking Canada at the moment:

Blood Diamond
Zero Dark Thirty
Lord of the Rings
Planet of the Apes
Jack Reacher
Nightcrawler
Moneyball
Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan
The Wolf of Wall Street
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Since I'm rocking Canada at the moment:

Blood Diamond
Zero Dark Thirty
Lord of the Rings
Planet of the Apes
Jack Reacher
Nightcrawler
Moneyball
Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan
The Wolf of Wall Street
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Not sure if all these are still up but here's my watchlist for Canada:

The Skin I Live In
A Separation
Armstrong Lie
The Tenant
Zero Dark Thirty
Shame
Rust and Bone
We Are What We Are (original)

Toothless

FYI, if anyone wants to watch a "So Bad It's Good" movie, I highly recommend The Identical. Might've been my favorite comedy of last year lol

So I was about to continue watching Twin Peaks (saw the first two eps a few months back) after hearing the good news that Lynch will definitely be directing. Then I read what appeared to be a spoiler. Is it still worth moving forward with despite knowing (albeit out of context) about there being
something to do with aliens in the show
or am I making no sense?

tim.mbp

So I was about to continue watching Twin Peaks (saw the first two eps a few months back) after hearing the good news that Lynch will definitely be directing. Then I read what appeared to be a spoiler. Is it still worth moving forward with despite knowing (albeit out of context) about there being
or am I making no sense?

It's the journey that counts.

lordxar

or am I making no sense?

Shit, that's the least important thing to learn.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I watched Pitch Perfect yesterday. I went into it blind, not only anything about it. Great movie. I was laughing a lot during the movie. Especially the commentary parts during the competition. The different cameos were great (loved Banks and Mintz-Plasse). Thanks to this movie, now I know why people love Kendrick.

Kaladin

Finally got around to Snowpiercer. It was about as I expected.

I loved the New Years Tunnel Fight Scene. I also loved seeing all the upper class cars.

The whole thing was fairly predictable, but enjoyable nonetheless. I give it a B-.

kmax

Daredevil got me hooked like a junkie.

Best show on Netflix this season, hands down. House of Cards got nothing on this right now.

PrawnyNZ

Finally got around to watching NZ horror/comedy Housebound and was well entertained. We seem to have a niche in that genre.

Edit: Did a New Zealand double feature tonight and followed Housebound up with Boy, which was also well worth a watch. I grew up in rural NZ at around the same time as the movie is set (I was probably about the same age as Boy too) and a lot of the movie is scarily accurate in capturing NZ life at that time.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Chasing Life Ssason 1 (TV, Drama)
Dawg Fight (Documentary, Social)
First Period (Comedy, Gay & Lesbian)
La Batalla de Zacatecas (Documentary, Historical, Foreign)
La Mascare de Tlatelolco (Documentary, Historical, Foreign)
La Prepago Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Las Canciones Del Zoo (TV, Kids, Foreign)
Magnicidios (Documentary, Historical, Foreign)
Pancho Villa, Aqui y Alli (TV, Documentary, Foreign)
The Cardenas Era (Documentary, Biographical, Foreign)
The Quest Season 1 (TV, Reality)

UK:

Fast & Furious 6 (Action)
Granite Flats Season 1-3
The Fluffy Movie (Standup)

Kaladin

Oh god.....The Quest was the best kind of so horrible it's good reality TV.

Reality show contestants venture to an imaginative realm and test their own heroism, with ogres and dragons standing between peace and chaos.

You wanted to watch it because of the expertly crafted fantasy world, but the actual contest and contestants....eh.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Man, Fruitvale Station is a powerful film. It made me cry. A compelling film from start to finish. Michael Jordan knocks it out of the park. Highly recommend the movie.

Stackboy

Finished Daredevil on the weekend. So good I could start watching it again now.

Also finished Bojack Horseman, really hilarious! Excited to hear there is a second season coming.

Finished Daredevil on the weekend. So good I could start watching it again now.

Also finished Bojack Horseman, really hilarious! Excited to hear there is a second season coming.
DareDevil in my opinion is the best marvel comic show available right now. Gets me hyped for the other shows

Bojack I really enjoyed too

wouwie

Netflix got launched in my country (Belgium) at the end of last year so i am relatively new to the whole streaming service. I've been enjoying it a lot and discovered some great movies and series which i would never have discovered otherwise. While the content is somewhat lacking compared to bigger countries, especially movie wise, it has been worth the money. I've been using Netflix mostly on my PS4. I also have the iPad app.

There are a couple of things i have been wondering about ever since using Netflix though:
- why can't Netflix give an overview of the last added content (e.g. content added in the last x number of weeks). This seems such an obvious and easy thing to implement so i'm kind of scratching my head as to why we need to rely on 3rd party websites to see what's added?
- why can't Netflix implement some sort of mechanism in which the viewer is warned when content will be deleted, preferably some weeks in advance so that there is still time to watch. Since using the service, at least 3 movies were deleted which i really wanted to watch and the service has been running for only a couple of months. Django Unchained was probably on Netflix for one or two months max.

These two features seem so obvious and useful that i keep wondering why they aren't there. Or maybe it's just me that finds these features a "must have" for a streaming service? It would be interesting to hear if any of these things have been brought up / requested by other Netflix users and if Netflix gave an official statement/explanation about the lack of them.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Netflix got launched in my country (Belgium) at the end of last year so i am relatively new to the whole streaming service. I've been enjoying it a lot and discovered some great movies and series which i would never have discovered otherwise. While the content is somewhat lacking compared to bigger countries, especially movie wise, it has been worth the money. I've been using Netflix mostly on my PS4. I also have the iPad app.

There are a couple of things i have been wondering about ever since using Netflix though:
- why can't Netflix give an overview of the last added content (e.g. content added in the last x number of weeks). This seems such an obvious and easy thing to implement so i'm kind of scratching my head as to why we need to rely on 3rd party websites to see what's added?
- why can't Netflix implement some sort of mechanism in which the viewer is warned when content will be deleted, preferably some weeks in advance so that there is still time to watch. Since using the service, at least 3 movies were deleted which i really wanted to watch and the service has been running for only a couple of months. Django Unchained was probably on Netflix for one or two months max.

These two features seem so obvious and useful that i keep wondering why they aren't there. Or maybe it's just me that finds these features a "must have" for a streaming service? It would be interesting to hear if any of these things have been brought up / requested by other Netflix users and if Netflix gave an official statement/explanation about the lack of them.

They actually used to have a notice in the content description telling you when it was expiring. This was years ago and it got removed :(

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Wouwie, they tell you what is expiring two weeks before it does. Not the greatest hint in the world, but, it is better than nothing.

Go to 'my list' and anything expiring soon, will have a date next to it in red.

Top Bottom