• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

vazel

Banned
They took No Reservations (Anthony Bourdain) off. Which is one reason why I hate Netflix. They're constantly shuffling their content, pulling and adding. What would be the reaction if Apple started taking random albums off of their iTunes service?
I wish you could permanently add movies to your account like PS+ does with games. I understand that licensing for movies is probably more strict than it is for games, but there has to be a way to make it work. Like maybe you could only add a limited amount of permanent movies to your account.

Vyer

A better comparison would be HBO pulling content off of their network even though the subscriber is paying a monthly fee for content. Which they don't do with their on demand content, thank god.

HBO cycles through content all the time. They keep their own content, however. So I guess the more apt comparison is if Netflix kept removing and adding House of Cards.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Watching Undeclared.
Nothing like freaks and geeks. It's kinda shitty actually. Very immature, and not that funny.

Might as well finish tho, Rachel's hot, and It's only 17 20 minute episodes.

Feels like if Appatow did a Nickelodeon series.

Watching Undeclared.
Nothing like freaks and geeks. It's kinda shitty actually. Very immature, and not that funny.

It's definitely not Freaks and Geeks but I thought it was solid. By the time I finished I longed for more episodes just as much as I do for FnG.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Watching Undeclared.

Thought it was hilarious. Especially for those who had to live in a dormitory their first few years. The roommate who plays the same damn song over and over again...so spot on.

I don't think anyone would say the show is on par with or similar to Freaks and Geeks. Its very much a drama versus a comedy/sitcom. Nothin too heavy handed here so maybe that's why you're so disappointed.

It's definitely not Freaks and Geeks but I thought it was solid. By the time I finished I longed for more episodes just as much as I do for FnG.

Have you ever watched Greek (ABC Family Show)? To me it has a similar vibe/setting to Undeclared. Humor is a little more crude but nothing like a Blue Mountain State or anything.

Kad5

So someone recommended I watch Once Upon a Time in The West on Netflix. It's supposed to be one of the best movies ever so I wanted to give you all a heads up on it before I went and watched it. :p

Mr.Fresh

The Switch, with Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston, is surprisingly charming and well done. I was just going to watch a few minutes of it, because I like Bateman, but I watched the whole damn thing. Really surprised me.

Was thinking about watching it but now I'm def gonna check it out.

Holy Motors is a bewildering and delightful movie about
actors who perform in the real world for microscopic cameras in the air
. (Spoiler tagged if you want to go in clean.) It's up today in the US.

MV5BODk2MDc4MDk2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTcyODY1OA@@._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I just finished watching 'Nitro Circus: The Movie'. If you are a fan of the NC crew, watch this. If you are a fan of Jackass(without the gross stunts), watch this. If you are a fan of crazy, insane stunts, fucking watch this.

The stuff that these guys(and girl) do, are incredible, and just down right stupid. In one of the stunts, they jump the gap...between two 400 ft tall buildings...on wheelies. I wish I had half the balls that they have.

My only gripe with the movie is that they mention over, and over their Las Vegas show, and then they don't show it(2 minutes of highlights).

The movie is worth the watch just for the opening shot. Beautifully shot, and executed.

Some stills from the movie:

I just finished watching 'Nitro Circus: The Movie'. If you are a fan of the NC crew, watch this. If you are a fan of Jackass(without the gross stunts), watch this. If you are a fan of crazy, insane stunts, fucking watch this.

The stuff that these guys(and girl) do, are incredible, and just down right stupid. In one of the stunts, they jump the gap...between two 400 ft tall buildings...on wheelies. I wish I had half the balls that they have.

My only gripe with the movie is that they mention over, and over their Las Vegas show, and then they don't show it(2 minutes of highlights).

The movie is worth the watch just for the opening shot. Beautifully shot, and executed.

Some stills from the movie:

Thanks for the heads up. Gonna give it a look!

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Hadn't seen Breaker Marant in decades so I gave it watch lastnight. The story and acting are just outstanding.

Wiseblade

I just watched Lethal Weapon on Lovefilm and enjoyed, apart from the fistfight at the end. I was wondering, are the other three films in the series any good?

Jimothy

So someone recommended I watch Once Upon a Time in The West on Netflix. It's supposed to be one of the best movies ever so I wanted to give you all a heads up on it before I went and watched it. :p

I was kind of baffled at how much I didn't enjoy Once Upon a Time in the West, save for the last 20 minutes or so which are fantastic. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is freaking amazing, but I found OUATIW...kind of boring. :(

jakncoke

Banned
I just watched Lethal Weapon on Lovefilm and enjoyed, apart from the fistfight at the end. I was wondering, are the other three films in the series any good?

1-2 are the class of the franchise 3 is still good imo, 4 is quite average and didnt enjoy the angle they took with that movie

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Alois Nebel (Animation for Adults, Drama, Foreign/Czech)
Bachelorette (Comedy, Indie)
Citadel (Horror, Supernatural)
The Comedy (Dark Humor, Indie)
Holy Motors (Drama, Indie, Foreign/French)
Tatsumi (Animation for Adults, Biography, Foreign/Japanese)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Netflix to launch Wachowski-produced TV series 'Sense8' (late 2014). Link. Thread.

Following the successful debut of House of Cards, Netflix has announced another new show, partnering with The Matrix creators the Wachowskis and Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski to bring Sense8 to the video streaming service in "late 2014." Details on the new show are scarce, but today's announcement finally confirms when and where you'll be able to watch the new series, with early reports suggesting its creators were looking to secure a deal with a network.

Added today:

Alois Nebel (Animation for Adults, Drama, Foreign/Czech)
Bachelorette (Comedy, Indie)
Citadel (Horror, Supernatural)
The Comedy (Dark Humor, Indie)
Holy Motors (Drama, Indie, Foreign/French)
Tatsumi (Animation for Adults, Biography, Foreign/Japanese)

"Gimme some hip hip hop! Gimme some hip hip hop! Gimme some hip hip hop!

I want some taxi hip hop, some black music, black music"

Kaladin

I kind of want to see [rec] 3 but I need to watch 2 and probably re-watch 1 first....anyone know where I can do that for free or cheap?

Watched The Comedy last night.

First thoughts watching the first 15 minutes or so were, "This might be a waste of time..."

Thoughts during the last 15 minutes or so were, "Wow, this was a lot better than I expected."

Overall I thought it was worth watching. Tim(of Tim and Eric fame) gave what I thought was a really good performance of a guy who seemingly hates most everything, but there also appears to be a part of him that wants to be better, but it's like he was never shown or taught how to be a decent person, and so he defaults to being that same shitty guy he's been.

Just wqtched Deadfall. Felt really uneven. I mean.. I'm sure it was crafted that way to an extent.. to be more of a snapshot in time where these characters stories overlap... but it just feels so unfulfilled. It wasn't a bad movie though.

Top Bottom