• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

tomtom94

Also up today (in the UK at least): Back in Time, a documentary/retrospective about Back to the Future. So if you're into that sort of thing...

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Turns out all of the 9 seasons of xfiles are on Netflix. And I never watched the show before. So I tried it out last weekend and I am already on season 2. I surprised at how well it holds up. Well far season one anyways. Still have 8 more to go.

Thanks for explaining. That doesn't sound very good, but at least they're not doing it anymore (?).

I wouldn't trust them anymore, they've proven themselves to be shady.

On the Hola website it says that the Chrome extension isn't part of the peer to peer network and works like a normal VPN. I don't know how true that is. Regardless, DO NOT USE IT. Your security is at risk, use something like unblock-us instead, I think it's a DNS changer not a VPN so it's faster, AFAIK.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Free isn't really worth the headaches. Just pay the $2 for ad-free time or $5 for unblock us.

Which then you are able to switch across all your devices, rather than just your pc/laptop.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
What's a botnet and why is it bad?

Yes! That's the biggest thing for me - finally having a way to see all of their original content in one place.

That's good because the Chrome extension is the version of Hola that I use*.

*occasionally
With all the amount of stuff they are producing, I'd say it was high time they did it.

Guys, the Great British Bake Off is pretty damn great.
It is, and one wouldn't expect it with that name XD

Netflix Portugal has been released, not seeing much that´s exclusive. Maybe the Phoenix Wright movie (Jap and Spanish audio, Portuguese and Spanish subtitles).
It´s pretty empty, maybe 100 or so titles total.
The PW movie is on AU and NZ at least.
Also, according to unogs, ES has almost 1000 titles, while PT has a little over 500... so yeah, kinda barren for now.

Thanks for explaining. That doesn't sound very good, but at least they're not doing it anymore (?).
Well, no one really knows if they are or not.

Free isn't really worth the headaches. Just pay the $2 for ad-free time or $5 for unblock us.

Which then you are able to switch across all your devices, rather than just your pc/laptop.
Yup, and unblock-us has already added ES and PT to its region switcher!

Stuff coming and going in November: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...and-tv-shows-coming-in-november-2015#/slide/1

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 1

Beethoven’s Christmas Adventure (2011)
Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce: Season 1
Idris Elba: Mandela, My Dad and Me (2015)
Last Days in Vietnam (2014)
Pasion de Gavilanes (2003)
Robot Overlords (2015)
Seven Deadly Sins: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Smithsonian Channel: The Day Kennedy Died (2013)
The Last Time You Had Fun (2014)
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004)
Thomas & Friends: The Christmas Engines (2014)
Twinsters (2015)
Worst Year of My Life, Again: Season 1

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 2

Last Tango in Halifax: Season 3

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 3

Do I Sound Gay? (2014)
Julius Jr.: Season 2
The Midnight Swim (2014)

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 5

Amapola (2014)
Amour Fou (2014)
The Runner (2015)

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 6

Care Bears & Cousins: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Master of None: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 7

LeapFrog Letter Factory: Great Shape Mystery (2015)

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 12

Anna Karenina (2012)

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 13

Atención Atención: Season 1
Call Me Lucky (2015)
John Mulaney: The Comeback Kid (2015) — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
With Bob and David: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Young & Hungry: Season 2 — New Episodes

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 14

Blue Caprice (2013)
Dior and I (2014)

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 15

Continuum: Season 4
Jessie: Season 4
People, Places, Things (2015)
Soaked in Bleach (2015)
Tengo Ganas de Ti (2012)

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 16

Cristela: Season 1

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 18

Black Butler: Season 3
River (2015) — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 20

LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu: Season 3
Marvel’s Jessica Jones: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Sin Tetas No Hay Paraiso (2007)

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 23

The Red Road: Season 2
Ultimate Spider-Man: Season 3

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 24

Liv and Maddie: Season 2

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 25

Gringolandia: Season 3
Home (2014)
Switched at Birth: Season 4

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 26

Zipper (2015)

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 28

A Perfect Man (2013)
Best of Enemies (2015)
The Best Offer (2013)

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 29

Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films (2014)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 1

1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992)
America in Primetime (2011)
Bali: Season 1 (2006)
Balto 3: Wings of Change (2004)
Batman & Robin (1997)
Best Kept Secret (2013)
Best Laid Plans (1999)
Changing Lanes (2002)
Cleopatra (1963)
Conspiracy Theory (1997)
Death Warrant (1990)
Fargo (1996)
Fela Kuti: Music Is the Weapon (1982)
Funny Games (1997)
Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide (2012)
Hero and Terror (1988)
House of Flying Daggers (2004)
Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie (2002)
Lunopolis (2009)
Move Over, Darling (1963)
Norman (2010)
Pajanimals: Season 1 (2010)
Rudy (1993)
Saw (2004)
Saw II (2005)
Saw III (2006)
Saw IV (2007)
Saw V (2008)
Scream (1996)
Secrets of Mary Magdalene (2006)
Soul Plane (2004)
Stand by Me (1986)
Taking Lives (2004)
The Blues Brothers (1980)
The Core (2003)
The Last Waltz (1978)
The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio (2005)
Three Kings (1999)
Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns (2008)
Year of the Dog (2007)

Your Inner Fish (2014)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 3

Bratz: Good Vibes (2011)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 5

The Perfect Stranger (2011)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 7

Shanghai Noon (2000)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 8

My Hope America with Billy Graham (2013)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 9

The Road (2011)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 10

Bratz: Pampered Petz (2010)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 12

A Girl Walks into a Bar (2011)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 13

Stranger by the Lake (2014)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 15

Fleabag Monkeyface: Season 1 (2012)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 16

Teen Beach Movie (2013)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 17

Bratz: Diamondz (2006)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 19

Breaking the Girls (2013)
Crystal Fairy & the Magical Cactus (2013)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 22

Alpha and Omega: The Legend of the Saw Tooth Cave (2014)
Bel Ami (2012)
Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview (2012)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 24

Art of Flight: The Series (2012)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 27

Burning Man (2011)
Leviathan (2012)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 28

Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap (2012)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 29

Romanzo Criminale: Season 1-2
Salamander: Season 1 (2012)

LEAVING NOVEMBER 30

Jesus Henry Christ (2011)
Virginia (2010)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
question about different regions. I know some shows differ, but what about Netflix originals? are those "safe"? Do all regions get it at the same time etc?

El Topo

question about different regions. I know some shows differ, but what about Netflix originals? are those "safe"? Do all regions get it at the same time etc?

Mostly. If a show was made before Netflix launched in that region, it is possible that they sold the rights to that show. For example, Germany gets House of Cards several months late since Netflix sold the (first to air) rights to Sky. Another example is Spain, where only the first season of Orange Is The New Black is available. There's also some kids shows that don't seem to come to every region. There's also some Netflix-financed shows/seasons that are regionally restricted, e.g. the fourth season of Longmire, as well as some shows that are only a Netflix Original by name, e.g. Between, a truly abysmal, horrible, horrendous show with absolutely no redeeming factor.

Their official PR site has a good list/overview:
https://pr.netflix.com/WebClient/lo...tentGroupId=10571&contentGroup=Premiere Dates

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mostly. If a show was made before Netflix launched in that region, it is possible that they sold the rights to that show. For example, Germany gets House of Cards several months late since Netflix sold the (first to air) rights to Sky. Another example is Spain, where only the first season of Orange Is The New Black is available. There's also some kids shows that don't seem to come to every region. There's also some Netflix-financed shows/seasons that are regionally restricted, e.g. the fourth season of Longmire, as well as some shows that are only a Netflix Original by name, e.g. Between, a truly abysmal, horrible, horrendous show with absolutely no redeeming factor.

Their official PR site has a good list/overview:
https://pr.netflix.com/WebClient/lo...tentGroupId=10571&contentGroup=Premiere Dates

Hmm. Hopefully the Marvel shows are safe. I need my Jessica Jones man

El Topo

Hmm. Hopefully the Marvel shows are safe. I need my Jessica Jones man

If the show isn't even out yet, it's most definitely safe. Their PR list is pretty reliable, though I'm not sure if they've updated it yet regarding the new regions.

Edit:
I think they even said a while ago that they're no longer going to sell the (exclusive) rights for their shows.

Turns out all of the 9 seasons of xfiles are on Netflix. And I never watched the show before. So I tried it out last weekend and I am already on season 2. I surprised at how well it holds up. Well far season one anyways. Still have 8 more to go.

Season 2 is possibly one of the best seasons of television.

Cade

Is anyone else's Adfreetime acting up? It was fine last night but today I can't get it to work at all and when I'm using their DNS it keeps saying it doesn't recognize me or my DNS settings aren't correct (they are). My IP is activated and everything, so I was wondering if it's just on their end.

EDIT: There we go. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Double edit: The original 1978 Halloween is now up on Netflix Italy.

nicolajNN

Unblock-US is working so well for me that I wouldn't change to save $3, but how does Adfreetime compare? What are the differences other than the ad blocking?

Unblock-US is working so well for me that I wouldn't change to save $3, but how does Adfreetime compare? What are the differences other than the ad blocking?

I thought the same as you for months before finally deciding I might as well give adfreetime a trial month. It works just as well, and I've stuck with it.

If you have a smart phone they also have a free app that makes changing settings super easy/quick.

Rhaknar

This Hot Girls Wanted documentary is, as expected, bumming me out

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Kung Fury (Action, Comedy, Martial Arts)
Results (Indie, Comedy)
The Journey Home (Family)
The Lazarus Effect (Horror, Zombie)
Unexpected (Indie, Drama)

UK:

How to Get Away with Murder Season 1 (TV, Drama, Crime)

Italy:

10 Items or Less (Indie, Comedy)
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (SciFi)
Amelie (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
American Gangster (Thriller, Crime)
Angel (Romantic, Drama)
Are You Afraid of the Dark Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Back to the Future Part 1-3 (Action, SciFi, McFly)
He's Just Not that Into You (Romantic, Comedy)
Thank You for Smoking (Indie, Comedy)
The Arrival (SciFi, Thriller)

Australia:

Horrible Bosses 2 (Comedy)

A Nightmare on Elm Street ('10, Horror, Supernatural)
We'll Never Have Paris (Romantic, Comedy)

tomtom94

Started watching How to Get Away With Murder (UK, maybe elsewhere). I'm not too keen on the central conceit, (the way that we open on a reveal and then go back to 3 months earlier, cutting back occasionally) since I feel it disrupts the flow, but Viola Davis is excellent in the main role and it seems to do what shows like Shark failed to do in making the law stylish as well as dramatic. Will keep watching.

Respect

Just saw The Shrine yesterday, enjoyed it alot, despite the typical dumb decisions by the characters at times.
Liked the twist too.

I'm sure the Polish wasn't subtitled by design, but are there any translations available? Would be interesting to see it with that.

Saw Oculus the week before and really enjoyed that one too. Had never even heard of these 2 before browsing on Netflix...any other potential horror flicks that I'm maybe missing that woud be worth checking out?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I believe it was by design. So that you were just as confused about what was happening as the characters. I really enjoyed Shrine.

The Taking Of Deborah Logan. Found footage movie.
Absentia. Just a heads up, this is slow paced.
Grabbers. More horror-comedy.
Dead End. Was a nice surprise.
The House Of The Devil. Really slow paced. I usually hate these types of films, but it worked for me.

lordxar

Just saw The Shrine yesterday, enjoyed it alot, despite the typical dumb decisions by the characters at times.
Liked the twist too.

I'm sure the Polish wasn't subtitled by design, but are there any translations available? Would be interesting to see it with that.

Saw Oculus the week before and really enjoyed that one too. Had never even heard of these 2 before browsing on Netflix...any other potential horror flicks that I'm maybe missing that woud be worth checking out?

Lots actually.

+1 was decent
Monkeys Paw
From the Dark
Late Phases was very good...hoky but good
Beneath
Hell
Starry Eyes was dark, and violent at the end
The Relic is a creature feature

Best one I found is Dark was the Night. I really enjoyed that quite a bit.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Hemlock Grove Season 3 (TV, Drama, Fantasy, Netflix Original)

Spain:

Cabin Fever (Horror)
The Jerk (Comedy)

Top Bottom