• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just noticed there's a new 'private watching' option in the Wii U Netflix interface. It doesn't seem to be operable at the moment, but can anyone tell me what it's about?

I have to say, the Wii U app has received some MASSIVE improvements lately.

The reason they never updated it beyond slight updates whenever the OS got a boost was the failed TVii integration. Mere weeks after that is shut down in the US and Wii U netflix is now feature comparable to the other console/smart tv versions.

The reason they never updated it beyond slight updates whenever the OS got a boost was the failed TVii integration. Mere weeks after that is shut down in the US and Wii U netflix is now feature comparable to the other console/smart tv versions.

Interesting theory. I never realized the correlation in the timing between the two events, but it makes sense.

Best part of the update is that I can now watch on the TV but use headphones on the GamePad for sound.

Well, and profiles.

Definitely. I'm also glad that I can resume progress normally now. Before, whenever I tried to resume where I left off, it would just start the episode over from the beginning.

The interface is a lot more functional as well.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

30 for 30: Trojan War (Documentary, Sports)
And They Call it Summer (Drama, Romantic)
Dear Dracula (Family)
Dinotrux 5 Minute Favorite: Big Build, Tarpit Rescue, Tortool's Surprise (TV, Kids)
Hitler's Riches (Documentary, Historical)
Laura (Thriller)
Mister Rogers' Neighborhood Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Modern Marvels: Collection Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
No Ordinary Hero (Family)
Risky Business (Comedy)
Seymour: An Introduction (Documentary, Biographical)
Wasp (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Wicked Tuna Season 1 (TV, Reality)

Canada:

God's Not Dead (Drama, Faith)
Maron Season 1-2 (TV, Comedy)

UK:

Big Momma's House (Comedy)

Italy:

Heartland Season 7 (TV, Drama)
Hunger (Drama)
To Wonder (Indie, Romantic, Drama)

France:

Fight Club (Thriller)
What's Your Number? (Romantic, Comedy)

Germany:

High Crimes (Thriller, Crime)
Legend (Action, Fantasy)

Mexico:

Crawlspace (Action, SciFi)

Netherlands:

Cold Comes the Night (Thriller, Crime)
Knight and Day (Action, Romantic)
Once Upon a Time in America (Drama, Crime)

Watched Return to Sender with the wife. Pretty good thriller that kept us guessing until the end. Definitely recommended to those who liked Gone Girl.

Nyx

Watched the first episode of The Seven Deadly Sins, anime.

Well...
The pig had me laughing at least.

nanatsu1.jpg

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
hear me out

Master Of None

With Bob And David

Jessica Jones

best Netflix month yet?
And the Peter Capusotto movie was added this week!

Something I actually expected to happen basically never :O

EDIT: and they added 'A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence"' in the US. Neat, heard good things and wanted to see that one.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence (Comedy, Drama)
Amapola (Drama, Fantasy)
Amour Fou (Drama, Foreign)
Pasion de Gavilanes Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Care Bears & Cousins Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Masters of None Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
She's Lost Control (Indie, Drama)
Spooksville Season 1 (TV, Kids)
The Runner (Indie, Drama)

Canada:

White Collar Season 6 (TV, Drama)
While We're Young (Indie, Drama, Comedy)

Japan:

GameCenter CX: The Movie - 1986 MightyBomb Jack (Comedy, Foreign)

Germany:

Hanna (Action, Thriller)
Sniper 3 (Action, Thriller)
The China Syndrome (Action, Thriller)
The Punisher ('04, Action)

Mexico:

Camp Nowhere (Family)
El Gato Desaparece (Drama, Foreign)
Dangerous Minds (Drama)
Dead Poets Society (Drama)
Demoted (Comedy)
Pablo Escobar el Patron del Mal Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Remember the Titans (Drama, Sports)
Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (Comedy)
The Royal Tenenbaums (Comedy)
Three Men and a Little Lady (Family)
To Fool a Thief (Romantic, Comedy)
Two and a Half Men Season 5-6 (TV, Comedy)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bunks (Family, Zombie)
Last Shift (Horror, Supernatural)
LeapFrog: Great Shape Mystery (Kids)

France:

The Gift (Thriller)

Australia:

Taken (Thriller)

stn

Just got Netflix for the first time. How long do shows and movies typically stay on until they are replaced? I'm guessing the Netflix-sponsored shows stay on permanently, right?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just got Netflix for the first time. How long do shows and movies typically stay on until they are replaced? I'm guessing the Netflix-sponsored shows stay on permanently, right?

It varies from show to show/movie to movie. Contracts and whatnot.

Yes, correct.

lordxar

Added today:

Bunks (Family, Zombie)
Last Shift (Horror, Supernatural)
LeapFrog: Great Shape Mystery (Kids)

France:

The Gift (Thriller)

Australia:

Taken (Thriller)

Oh hell yea. Was wanting to see Last Shift during the 31 days of Halloween.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Stung (B-Horror, Comedy)
The Pardon (Drama)

Canada:

Danny Collins (Drama)
Death in Paradise Season 3 (TV, Drama)
Silenced (Documentary, Political)

UK:

Shutter (Thriller, Horror)

Spain:

Escape (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
Them (Thriller, Horror, Foreign)

New Zealand:

Merlin Season 5 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)

Mexico:

Cocktail (Romantic, Drama)
Dead Presidents (Action, Thriller)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I see 0 mentions of any of you lot having seen Wild Tales, you all disappoint me greatly :(

I feel like I've been waiting forever for 'They Live' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/reference to make it's way to Netflix. Anyway to check when it was last available streaming?
It was on a while ago, no idea when it was removed.
It's on youtube though (probably not legally so I doubt it'll be there for long), if you are willing to search for it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah that was the only thing I could come up with too. Hopefully one day Amazon put it on Prime. Hopefully.

Have you seen it before?

The rental price is worth the fight scene alone.

I see 0 mentions of any of you lot having seen Wild Tales, you all disappoint me greatly :(

I added it to my list when it hit Netflix. Just have to find time to watch it.

JeTmAn81

PSA: Fargo Season 2 is available on French Netflix. Use Hola in your browser to access it.

edit: Looks like this was already mentioned being available in Germany

Aiii

So not worth it
Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief is on Netflix now (Netherlands(/BE/LU), Scandinavia, Spain/Portugal, Italy, Japan and South American regions).

If you haven't seen this documentary yet, definitely go out of your way to watch it. It's mind boggling how this cult is allowed to exist and protected by US law as a religion. Spends a lot of its focus on how they (ab)use celebrities and Tom Cruise in particular to stay relevant.

Excellent documentary (based on an even better book), watch it.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Added today:

A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence (Comedy, Drama)

When I saw that this was released I rushed to Netflix. How odd, I think. I love Roy Andersson's movies and usually Netflix is right on their money when it comes to rating. Yet, somehow it rates it 1 star out of 5. I'd actually rate it 5 out of 5. I wonder why that is.

Koozek

How the hell have I never heard of Rectify on GAF? So good. Been binging Season 1-2 this week, 3 unfortunately isn't on Netflix yet.

Daniel Holden must put his life back together after serving 19 years on Georgia's Death Row before DNA evidence calls his conviction into question.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/
---

Master of None is great so far. Crazy how good the cinematography is for "just" a comedy show.

lordxar

I couldn't get into Rectify, the first 2 EPs were superboring to me...

It's an acquired taste and very artsy. So it's got a slow build. I wold have passed on it too but I found it during a low point in my life so the slowness actually worked in its favor for me at that time. Great show but it feels like an 80 year old crew wrote, filmed, and edited it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Rectify just seems too depressing for me, as if there is a deep melancholia beneath all.

Well given the subject matter it would be weird for the show to be upbeat... It's supposed to be melancholic.

I haven't watched s3 yet (really need to get around to that), but the first two seasons are incredible and some of the best tv I've watched in the last years.

lordxar

For some reason I can't get my Chromecast to play Netflix. Google Play is fine and Netflix on the phone is fine too. It throws some ui-110 error that, of course, isn't in the error list on their site. Resetting everything doesn't help either. Guess I will not be watching anything tonight.

Top Bottom