• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I had a good time with Kimmy Schmidt and Master of None. More so the former.

How does Love compare, and where would your rank it amongst the others? I'm wary of dating comedies, even though I like both Gillian Jacobs and Paul Rust.

Love is more of a darker, R rated version of Master of None.

Love is more of a darker, R rated version of Master of None.
I liked both. Master of none started out pretty light hearted but by end kind went with a darker more serious tone. Personally it was kind of out of place for me compared to the earlier eps. Love I enjoyed more then I thought, would like more. Both shows are enjoyable though in my opinion

wouwie

I was wondering for those who have had Netflix for a longer time already, are there moments that you cancel your subscription because you feel like you don't have time, energy, motivation or whatever other reason, to use it for longer periods of time? If so, do you just cancel and resuscribe later on? I assume all your info (watch list, votes,...) will always be available, no matter how much/how long you are unsuscribed (unlike for example Apple Music who deletes all your data after 3 months apparently)? I haven't used it at all in the last month or so due to various reasons (not in the mood, less time,...) and i was wondering if i should keep being subscribed.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have always been subscribed to the Netflix streaming. But I'm a heavy user.

Netflix DVDs, I have subscribed on and off over the years. Usually when I don't have the time or don't want to deal with the discs. I'm subscribed currently since I'm trying to get through older How Did This Get Made? podcast episodes. I didn't want to shell out $3-5+ to rent a bunch of movies that I couldn't find on Netflix.

Your info stays saved for awhile.

Karu

How does Love compare, and where would your rank it amongst the others? I'm wary of dating comedies, even though I like both Gillian Jacobs and Paul Rust.
Gillian Jacobs is absolutely faaaantastic in Love. I would put it at least on the same level with Master of None if not above it. Should note though. Love apatow-comedies personally...

Susurrus

So my VPN (PureVPN) is pretty much garbage at this point for Netflix. What are people using that still works and I can bounce regions? Preferably to access US, Canada, Netherlands, UK, and Japan.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So my VPN (PureVPN) is pretty much garbage at this point for Netflix. What are people using that still works and I can bounce regions? Preferably to access US, Canada, Netherlands, UK, and Japan.

Unblock. Looks like every time Netflix blocks a country, Unblock fixes it.

Gobbly

Banned
Unblock. Looks like every time Netflix blocks a country, Unblock fixes it.

Well you say that, but I have been using Unblock-US since 2012 and finally had to admit defeat this week. I was getting the proxy blocker message regardless of the DNS settings they gave me, despite restarting my PS4, Netflix app, settings and router. Currently using the Getflix trial which works fine.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Well you say that, but I have been using Unblock-US since 2012 and finally had to admit defeat this week. I was getting the proxy blocker message regardless of the DNS settings they gave me, despite restarting my PS4, Netflix app, settings and router. Currently using the Getflix trial which works fine.

I should have stated that I'm a PC user.

MattyH

i got my first proxy block message last night on xbox one while on denmark of all countries im on canada atm and apart from some buffer issues its fine

Perfect Sense is an incredibly good movie.

Yes! I had never heard of it before seeing your post, but watched it last night and loved it. Probably one of the scariest movies I've seen in a while. Very glad I didn't read anything about it either and went in blind. Thanks for informing me of this gem that might have fallen through the cracks.

Yes! I had never heard of it before seeing your post, but watched it last night and loved it. Probably one of the scariest movies I've seen in a while. Very glad I didn't read anything about it either and went in blind. Thanks for informing me of this gem that might have fallen through the cracks.

Scary is in interesting way to describe the film. Definitely valid, just didn't think of it in that way. I'm glad you liked it.

neoism

Some early reviews for HoC S4:

The Telegraph:

Joblo:

House of Cards Season Four debuts on Netflix Friday March 4.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu damn I thought it was April for some reason.... Neve Campbell is in it

still pissed out the ending of S3 though..... I really dislike Claire now.. awesome will have something to do this weekend Kappa

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished watching Ant-Man (Canada) and I freaking loved it. It was funny, had good action scenes (
although, some of the Yellowjacket vs Ant-Man scenes were horrible to keep track of. Mostly when they are in the helicopter and suitcase.
) and a great cast.

I think most people agree, Michael Pena stole the show. Dude was amazing in this. Especially when his character is telling a story.

Just finished watching Ant-Man (Canada) and I freaking loved it. It was funny, had good action scenes (
although, some of the Yellowjacket vs Ant-Man scenes were horrible to keep track of. Mostly when they are in the helicopter and suitcase.
) and a great cast.

I think most people agree, Michael Pena stole the show. Dude was amazing in this. Especially when his character is telling a story.
The suitcase scene was worth it just for them playing Plainsong by The Cure.

Mimosa97

) and a great cast.

Ant man is already on Netlix Canada ?

Lmao Canada keeps winning

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man Hannibal s2 is one crazy ride. I'm at the point where
Will has joined in on the fun with Hannibal, and he just axed Freddie Lounds. Dat scene where's she's rolled in the garage... In a wheelchair... ON FIRE... to land on her exact parking spot.

This show.

Finally gonna finish house of cards s3 before 4 drops. Think I have about 3 eps in s3, can't remember why I stopped. Something else must have come out around the same time

Finally gonna finish house of cards s3 before 4 drops. Think I have about 3 eps in s3, can't remember why I stopped. Something else must have come out around the same time

Probably because it was boring and awful. It was real tough to make it through season 3. Season 4 better be a huge improvement.

Jubern

There's a rumor floating around that might interested a whole two people or so :
Maybe you guys know about how House of Cards has been absent from various countries' Netflix catalog, because it had been licensed to a local broadcaster before Netflix put in motions plans to open in such or such country.
Those include France and Japan, for instance.

The rumor that's been doing the rounds for the last day or so is that Netflix had only licensed 3 seasons to those local broadcasters and that, unlike what would usually happen with the licensee letting the broadcaster sign up for more seasons, they are going to shut them off and put season 4 on Netflix.

This would be kind of weird considering the first three seasons would still be with the local broadcasters, but living in Japan and with DNS services being blocked one after another, I guess I'd be down with it.

Jubern

Okay it's not a rumor after all: House of Cards season 4 is available worldwide + 1-3 added to countries that didn't have it until now.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I dropped HoC after s2 and I doubt I'm going back after hearing how bad s3 was. S2 was already a chore to sit through.

Hannibal insanity continues
FREDDIE IS STILL ALIVE YES

tomtom94

I can't say there's much wrong with S3 from what I've seen, which is up to episode 9 I think (though I think the way they treat Claire is a bit... odd). However, it is telling that I've still not finished it.

By most accounts S4 is an improvement though. Hooray!

El Topo

There's a rumor floating around that might interested a whole two people or so :
Maybe you guys know about how House of Cards has been absent from various countries' Netflix catalog, because it had been licensed to a local broadcaster before Netflix put in motions plans to open in such or such country.

The rumor that's been doing the rounds for the last day or so is that Netflix had only licensed 3 seasons to those local broadcasters and that, unlike what would usually happen with the licensee letting the broadcaster sign up for more seasons, they are going to shut them off and put season 4 on Netflix.

This would be kind of weird considering the first three seasons would still be with the local broadcasters, but living in Japan and with DNS services being blocked one after another, I guess I'd be down with it.

It depends on the region. Not true for Germany, true for France.

Xater

Yup, Ad-Free time is now officially blocked and no longer working. They are working on circumventing it, but who knows.

Does anyone have a working proxy?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Unblock...kinda. Certain countries have been blocked. Others still work flawlessly. I'm using the PC though. Not sure how unblock is doing on other devices.

Xater

Unblock...kinda. Certain countries have been blocked. Others still work flawlessly. I'm using the PC though. Not sure how unblock is doing on other devices.

Hmm. I'm gonna cancel Ad-Free Time for now. Still have the month left to see if they fix it. I have switched regions less and less anyway because I mostly watch the Netflix original stuff. Let's see how the proxy situation develops.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

House of Cards Season 4 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Lab Rats Season 4 (TV, Kids)
LEGO Bionicle: The Journey to One Season 1 (TV, Kids)
LEGO Friends: The Power of Friendship Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Louie Season 5 (TV, Comedy)
Man Up (Romantic, Comedy)

Canada:

Misunderstood (Drama, Foreign)

UK:

Creature (Horror, SciFi)
Midnight Madness (Comedy)

France:

Amal (Indie, Drama)
Brothers (Drama)
Paintball (Action, Thriller, Foreign)

Germany:

Stuck in Love (Romantic, Comedy)

Tugatrix

Not in Portugal, we only got up to season 3

My wife and I are watching Sons of Anarchy. Just finished S2 last night. Pretty good stuff. I wouldn't have thought we'd like it as much as we do. I hear the later seasons dip in quality, but I think we're bought in for the long haul at this point.

neoism

wooow the first ep of HoC was really meh.. not sure if i can take a piss fight back and forth all season..... :/

Top Bottom