• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Kaladin

My wife and I are watching Sons of Anarchy. Just finished S2 last night. Pretty good stuff. I wouldn't have thought we'd like it as much as we do. I hear the later seasons dip in quality, but I think we're bought in for the long haul at this point.

Later seasons it essentially becomes live action GTA on bikes.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm actually scrolling through the Hannibal s2 OT because I wanted to read some of the reactions on big stuff that happened... Man I wish I watched this show when it was airing.

tchocky

I'm actually scrolling through the Hannibal s2 OT because I wanted to read some of the reactions on big stuff that happened... Man I wish I watched this show when it was airing.

The finale to season 2 of Hannibal is one of my favourite TV episodes ever, the last half is just insanity.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The finale to season 2 of Hannibal is one of my favourite TV episodes ever, the last half is just insanity.

Not just that final ep, the entire season was filled with insanity. It really is such a stark contrast compared to the first season, which even felt tame in comparison. In the second season it's like the writers decided to make the most disturbed and crazy tv season they possibly could.

kuppy

Yes, the DNS region switch providers are kind of having a hard time right now, but still I think the DNS Override app for iPhone is worth mentioning.

With it you can use a DNS on any connection including cellular networks without a specific configuration. You can also easily switch to a different DNS. And what's actually the coolest feature for me, it automatically updates your IP (if the provider is supported). So no more manually updating each and every day.
For the former you have to pay 1.99 and for the latter another 1.99. I had no problems with it so far.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Hell and Back (Indie, Comedy)
Indigenous (Horror, Thriller)
Jail Caesar (Drama, Crime)
Policeman (Drama, Crime, Foreign)
The Days to Come (Drama, SciFi, Foreign)
Two Hundred Thousand Dirty (Indie, Comedy)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I will be cancelling Unblock when the subscription is up later this month. It feels weird being in Netflix US after so much hopping around the last few years.

Added today:

Hell and Back (Indie, Comedy)
Jail Caesar (Drama, Crime)
Policeman (Drama, Crime, Foreign)
The Days to Come (Drama, SciFi, Foreign)
Two Hundred Thousand Dirty (Indie, Comedy)

Those jerks. I just glanced at the post and got excited and then realized the spelling. Their trick got me. :(

Frodo

What are your thoughts on the 4th season of House of Cards, GAF?

I've watched the first 2 seasons (where it finishes with a high note), but haven't watched the 3rd season because of the mixed opinions about it. Does the 4th season get the series back on track? Is it worth continuing watching it?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If you email support they will send a alt dns

There must be something wrong on my end because I have emailed them three times and have yet to receive a single response back.

What are your thoughts on the 4th season of House of Cards, GAF?

I've watched the first 2 seasons (where it finishes with a high note), but haven't watched the 3rd season because of the mixed opinions about it. Does the 4th season get the series back on track? Is it worth continuing watching it?

The fourth season is the second best season. From episode 7 forward, it feels more like s1.

MattyH

There must be something wrong on my end because I have emailed them three times and have yet to receive a single response back.

The fourth season is the second best season. From episode 7 forward, it feels more like s1.

took a few hours for me but it looks like the original dns is working again

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Amal (Indie, Drama)
The Siege (Action, Thriller)
Valentine's Day (Romantic, Comedy)

Australia:

Halo: The Fall of Reach (Action)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Cuckoo Season 1-2 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Samurai Flamenco Season 1 (Anime)
The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep (Family)

France:

Harsh Times (Indie, Thriller)
Over Her Dead Body (Romantic, Comedy)
Point Break (Action, Thriller)
The Oranges (Romantic, Comedy)
The Raid: Redemption (Action, Thriller, Foreign)

Sweden:

Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem (Kids)
Digimon Fusion Season 2 (TV, Kids)

Just finished watching both seasons of The Returned. What an amazing show. How's the US version of it?

How was Season 2? I haven't watched it yet, but I loved Season 1.

Totally off-topic (ish) since it's on Amazon Prime, but I'm watching Season 1 of Hung right now and I absolutely love it. Thomas Jane is a beast.

Speaking of Thomas Jane - The Veil was pretty terrible.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How is the show?

It's very different from the main series - definitely not just West Coast Walking Dead (at least not yet. It'll probably reach that point eventually). Due to the fact that a good chunk of it is set before the full on outbreak, it's pretty much just a straight up family drama until all hell breaks loose (there are a couple of zombies here and there in the early episodes, patient zeroes if you will, but things don't get crazy until later).

The show hasn't really found its footing yet (the first season is only 6 episodes long, so it's not like they've had a lot of time to figure things out), which makes it hard to fully recommend, but it's also not too bad either. If you're a fan of the main series you might as well give it a shot.

Vuze

How is the show?
I liked it a lot more than the recent seasons of the main series (which I dropped mid season 5 I think). I always enjoy to see all hell breaking loose and people coping with the situation in such apocalyptic settings - and this is what the first season of FTWD was about. Some nice twists and eerie scenes too, imo. I'd highly recommend checking it out. Will certainly rewatch when/if it comes to netflix.

I don't care for The Walking Dead but I love Fear the Walking Dead. FTWD seems more dramatic and well scripted and acted. TWD seems low budget in comparison.
Yeah, I agree with this as well.

amrod

Unotelly actually has a working fix for US netflix... Dunno how long it will work but I was able to watch US content today

torontoml

I don't know why UnBlock-US is so weird, but I'm trying to watch Better Call Saul and its not working on any region but other shows and movies do. How can they restrict one show and nothing else in the regions?

Ok so I tried the UK, and more stuff is blocked out there but not everything. I don't understand.

MattyH

I don't know why UnBlock-US is so weird, but I'm trying to watch Better Call Saul and its not working on any region but other shows and movies do. How can they restrict one show and nothing else in the regions?

Ok so I tried the UK, and more stuff is blocked out there but not everything. I don't understand.

canada isnt working for me but Japan is lol

torontoml

Ya Canada was one of the first to stop working for me, though I live here so that wasn't really an issue as I just disabled it. But like I pick Denmark, and I can watch most things I select but when I select Better Call Saul, it gives me the proxy message.

What's the best detective/crime show set in Los Angeles? I'd absolutely love something like the Harry Bosch books (and yes I'm aware Bosch is on Hulu but I'm still reading through the series and I'm worried watching that will spoil some books).

What's the best detective/crime show set in Los Angeles? I'd absolutely love something like the Harry Bosch books (and yes I'm aware Bosch is on Hulu but I'm still reading through the series and I'm worried watching that will spoil some books).

Southland!!!! Seriously. Southland is amazing. Bosh is actually on Amazon Prime. The show doesn't really spoil the books as it kinda loosely follows what happens; a lot of things are very different.

Good call. I loved Southland but missed a lot of the TNT episodes.

It's not available via Netflix, though. :( I just meant in general, that's a fantastic LA cop show. I can't think of any others that are available via streaming. You still might want to check out Bosch. How far are you in the series? The first season covered the first two or three books, I think.

Oh, duh - The Shield is available via Hulu, I think. Also amazing!

I'm on book 7 right now - Bosch and McCaleb team up.

You're good for Season 1 of Bosch, then. If you decide to watch it, enjoy - it's pretty well done and I actually like Titus Welliver's Bosch more than book Bosch. I've read all but the most recent Bosch book (and all of the Mickey Haller books as well - basically everything Michael Connelly's done) and there's a lot of places they can go with the show. Hopefully it'll stick around for a while. It's a pretty slick detective show.

Actually, nevermind - City of Bones is featured pretty heavily in the series. I'd skip it until you read that one.

Top Bottom