• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

30 for 30: Fantastic Lies (TV, Documentary)
Hate Story 3 (Thriller, Foreign)
Mexico Barbaro (Horror)
The Boomer List (Documentary, Social)
The Sixties Season 1 (TV, Documentary)

France:

Outlander Season 1 (TV, Fantasy)
That '70s Show Season 5-8 (TV, Comedy)

Mexico:

Choccywoccydoodah Season 1-3 (TV, Reality)
Deadheads (Indie, Comedy)

obin_gam

Added today:

Sweden:

maxresdefault.jpg

tomtom94

Added today:

Sweden:

Sweden stay winning
can't VPN there any more :(

Rear Window and Vertigo go up on UK Netflix next Wednesday, according to the Radio Times. No idea on any other additions (I doubt there will be many given what went up at the beginning of the month)

tomtom94

Just finished watching The Gift (2015), highly recommended. Very creepy, excellent performances all round, you really wouldn't know that it's Edgerton's directorial debut. Script has a distinctly laconic feel. Not many words wasted.

Word of warning: it's much more dialogue-driven than the trailers would have you believe (there's only two or three jump scares).

Kaladin

I'm not sure how I feel about The Ranch after the pilot. I like the characters and the actors and the premise is decent for a sit-com with plenty of relations to explore.

It's just odd having a sitcom with a laugh track with swearing.

I'll keep on with it. Theme song is GOAT btw....love hearing Shooter Jennings and Lukas Nelson doing their father's song.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

#Horror (Indie, Horror)
American Odyssey Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Condemned (Horror, Zombie)
Flutter (Indie, Drama)
Fright Night 2 (Horror, Supernatural)
Of Men and War (Documentary, War, Foreign)
Sembene! (Documentary, Biographical, Foreign)
The Hallow (Horror, Supernatural)
The Nightingale (Drama, Foreign)
Walt Before Mickey (Drama)

Germany:

The Caller (Horror, Thriller)
The Devil's Double (Drama, Foreign)

Sweden:

Mad Max: Fury Road (Action, Witness Me)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
hi, i have a friend who is enjoying American Horror story, she wants shows like that + maybe something gory, any recommendations?

American Horror Story is pretty unique in the TV landscape...but, uh, maybe The Walking Dead? There's also Hemlock Grove, but it's terrible.

Ok, I'm having problems. I turned on subtitles for Reservoir Dogs because I had difficulty understanding what they were saying in that big warehouse, but now subtitles are on by default.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just a heads up, your Netflix price is about to hit $10. This is for those that had been grandfathered before when they first increased the prices. Those sweet $8 days are over. It will go up to $10 next month.

Just a heads up, your Netflix price is about to hit $10. This is for those that had been grandfathered before when they first increased the prices. Those sweet $8 days are over. It will go up to $10 next month.

OUTRAGEOUS. I'm canceling my subscription!

lol nah i'm such a netflix shill

Karu

Will be certainly interesting where they will be end up in the next ~5 years in regards to the price versus development of their budget.

Nyx

Finally got around watching the 6 EPs of F is for Family and I am pleasantly surprised.

Many great jokes and laughs, hope there's more coming!

I'm into S6 of Sons of Anarchy. I feel like the finale of S4 was the turning point. If Sutter had executed what he was setting up to execute, maybe things would have gone differently. Instead, the quality has dipped pretty noticeably and is getting into some pretty incredible levels of disbelief now.

Edit: at this point, though, I might as well finish it off.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Dixieland (Indie, Drama)
God's Pocket (Indie, Drama)
Hannibal Takes Edinburgh (Standup)
Respectable: The Mary Millington Story (Documentary, Biographical)
Ukraine is Not a Brothel (Documentary, Social, Foreign)
Where Children Play (Drama)

Canada:

Dora the Explorer Season 4-5 (TV, Kids)
Downton Abbey Season 5 (TV, Drama)
Look Who's Back (Comedy)
The Exorcism of Molly Hartley (Horror, Supernatural)
The Legend of Korra Season 1-2 (TV, Kids)

UK:

Ronaldo (Documentary, Biographical)
Whitechapel Season 4 (TV, Drama)
Z Nation Season 1 (TV, Action)

Mexico:

Mai Morire (Drama, Foreign)
Rebellion Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Torchwood Season 1-4 (TV, SciFi)

I realize this is an Amazon Prime statement in a Netflix thread, but ... ugh. Just started watching Strike Back, the Cinemax series. I'm almost through S1... but it looks like only S1 and S2 are free with Prime. The other two seasons are $3/episode...

Banshee is the same... S1 free with Prime, the other seasons pay per episode.

Dammit.

Stackboy

Watched The Gift on UK Netflix over the weekend. 2015 starring Jason Bateman and Joel Edgerton. One of the best films I have seen in a long time. Pretty suspenseful and goes to unexpected places.

Chairhome

No Joke, I saw the email that Girl Meets World S2 was on there and I got hyped. haha. I love the show, and watching it with my wife and kids.

Karu

Saw the home invasion movie Hush (apparently bought by Netflix). A deaf woman living in the woods versus (seriously, what a match-up) against a playful, but brutal intruder. It's a fantastic movie. Any genre fan has to watch it.

Top Bottom