• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bad Hurt (Indie, Drama)
Darkweb (Action, Thriller)
Every Thing will Be Fine (Drama, Foreign)
Hero Quest (Family, Foreign)
Jarhead 3: The Siege (Drama, Military)
No Filter (Comedy, Foreign)
The Abandoned (Thriller, Supernatural)
The Masked Saint (Action, Faith)
The Treasure (Comedy, Foreign)
This is Bossa Nova (Documentary, Music, Foreign)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The poster is fantastic:

HNrescP.jpg

It seems like Netflix Canada gets a lot of movies that are on cable channels in the US. I saw someone in another thread mention having The Martian and the last Paranormal Activity movie on Canadian Netflix, and then The Martian started airing on HBO and Paranormal Activity showed up on Epix in the US.

B-Dex

It seems like Netflix Canada gets a lot of movies that are on cable channels in the US. I saw someone in another thread mention having The Martian and the last Paranormal Activity movie on Canadian Netflix, and then The Martian started airing on HBO and Paranormal Activity showed up on Epix in the US.

Yeah they are in there. Their movie selection has gotten tons better lately. I can't wait for Star Wars.

CodeEvo

If i register for Netflix in the US with a a US credit card and when i travel abroad will i get the US catalog or switch to that particular region?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Grassland (Indie, Drama)
LEGO Friends: The Power of Friendship Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Monster Hunt (Family, Foreign)
Scandal Season 5 (TV, Drama)
Secrets: The Sphinx (TV, Science)
Sing It On (TV, Reality)
Standoff (Action, Thriller)
Synchronicity (Indie, SciFi)
The Trails of Muhammad Ali (Documentary, Biographical)

berzeli

Banned
Narcos - Season 2 - Date Announcement (September 2, 2016)

Netflix Orders ‘Big Mouth’ Animated Series From Nick Kroll & Andrew Goldberg

Netflix has picked up Big Mouth, a 10-episode, half-hour animated comedy series about teenaged adventures in puberty from real-life best friends Nick Kroll (Kroll Show) and Andrew Goldberg (Family Guy). It will premiere everywhere Netflix is available in 2017.

Netflix Acquires The World On ‘The Discovery’ With Rooney Mara, Robert Redford And Jason Segel
SVOD giant Netflix has acquired global rights to Charlie McDowell’s The Discovery, starring Rooney Mara, Robert Redford and Jason Segel. The film will premiere on Netflix and also get a theatrical domestic run in 2017. This deal has been a few months in the making after the project was first brought to market at AFM last November, initially with Nicholas Hoult attached opposite Mara. Now that it has closed, it’s another high profile get for Netflix that shows its continued muscle in the indie film biz.

Directed by Charlie McDowell and written by McDowell and Justin Lader, The Discovery is a sci-fi story set two years after the discovery of an afterlife that has been scientifically proven where millions of people have taken their own lives in order to start over.

Akahige

The Discovery sounds really good, looking forward to it. The director's previous film The One I Love is worth a viewing, fantastic film, great surprise if you know nothing about it.

Kickz

Anyone seen that Africa 6 part nature series??

Its by far the greatest nature documentary I've ever seen..

The feels when those meat eating grasshoppers are about to eat those chicks, or when that one mother bird rejects one of her chicks... And don't get me started on what happened to the elephants=[

Anyone seen that Africa 6 part nature series??

Its by far the greatest nature documentary I've ever seen..

The feels when those meat eating grasshoppers are about to eat those chicks, or when that one mother bird rejects one of her chicks... And don't get me started on what happened to the elephants=[

It's insanely entertaining. The footage they managed to capture was incredible.

Those poor elephants. That story actually made my fiancee and I just start weeping. Why didn't they just help the poor thing? :(

Tom Nook

Currently watching Magic's Biggest Finally Revealed.

Nostalgic watching the first episodes.

Lol, in the later episode the Masked Magician got big.

Kickz

It's insanely entertaining. The footage they managed to capture was incredible.

Those poor elephants. That story actually made my fiancee and I just start weeping. Why didn't they just help the poor thing? :(

I have to think its a, its to far gone thing. But still incredibly distressing...

I need to find another nature series of this caliber.

berzeli

Banned
Netflix Picks Up Detective Comedy Film ‘Handsome’, Jeff Garlin Stars & Directs
Netflix has acquired the film Handsome, directed by and starring actor-comedian Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs). The Columbo-style mystery comedy, written by Garlin and Andrea Seigel (Laggies) centers on LA homicide detective Gene Handsome (Garlin) who tries to make sense of his life as he solves crime. He’s really good at one of those.

edit:
Netflix Picks Up Ricky Gervais’ ‘The Office’ Spinoff movie
Appearing on SiriusXM’s the Opie with Jim Norton Show show earlier today, Ricky Gervais revealed that his latest film, David Brent: Life On The Road, a spinoff of the original The Office, has been picked up worldwide by Netflix. “This is exciting news and this is top secret, so I’m going to say it now. Netflix has bought out the rest of the world again,” Gervais told Opie and Norton. “Which is great for me, because I’d rather 20 million people see it than half a million people see it cinemas, do you know what I mean? Because I want to do tours off the back of it. So for me, it’s great.”
Netflix really loves Gervais it seems

Stackboy

Finished Flaked today. Takes a little while to get going, but it's worthwhile. Has some good twists and turns. Hope it gets a second season.

tomtom94

Orange is the New Black S4 is up.

Reviews seem very positive:

Yet, with season 4 debuting on Netflix 17 June, critics have largely agreed the show's found new energy; and new life, in searching beyond its prison walls towards the currency of the modern world, touching on issues such the "Black Lives Matter" movement, and finding new emotional paths for its characters.

Season 4 is not merely a comeback for a show that had come to feel less central than in its early days; it’s the show’s best season.

So uh, I found out that there was so much to binge.

So far I've started:

Orange is the new Crack Season 3 because seasons 1 and 2 were fucking amazing
Peaky Blinders
Daredevil S2, S1 was amazing, S2 is incredible so far. we basically got Punisher Max Frank.
Waiting for Bojack S3 with the greatest of hype.
and I added a whole bunch of other shows, also was super excited to see some netflix anime, and Sherlock S3. Fuck yes. Sherlock is my jimjams.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It gets worse. Marco Polo S2 first day of July. Stranger Things two weeks after that. A month later The Get Down.

It gets worse. Marco Polo S2 first day of July. Stranger Things two weeks after that. A month later The Get Down.

Anymore recommendations to watch? I bookmarked some old movies I like and stuff, I can't remember how much stuff I bookmarked. Hemlock Grove is okay, two episodes in and it hasn't grabbed me.

Anymore recommendations to watch? I bookmarked some old movies I like and stuff, I can't remember how much stuff I bookmarked. Hemlock Grove is okay, two episodes in and it hasn't grabbed me.
Bloodline s1 was great. A slow burn for sure but amazing performances. S2 hasn't really grabbed me yet (3 episodes in) but s1 ended in a way that you wouldn't need to continue.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Agents of Shield Season 3 (TV, Action)
All Hail King Julien Season 3 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Being Mary Jane Season 3 (TV, Drama)
Blood, Sweat, and Sequins (Documentary, Social)
Gayby Baby (Documentary, Biographical)
IP Man 3 (Action, Foreign)
Orange is the New Black Season 4 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
The Unborn (Horror, Supernatural)
The Vasectomist (Documentary, Biographical)
The Winding Stream (Documentary, Music)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Clear out your schedule:

Narcos
House of Cards
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Master of None
Sense8
Scrotal Recall

I enjoy some cheesy sci fi/ fantasy, but hemlock grove really isn't that good. S1 had a few a few things that kept my interest so I finished it. Not good, not terrible...but a level of cheese I can deal with. S2 is just..... *pukes ......I have no words really to describe some of it. I haven't gone back to watch S3, and not really planning to anytime soon. But just fair warning about Hemlock.......but you could like it I guess lol.

What kind of genres are you into? For recommendations

I watched The Fear of 13. Interesting documentary done in a style I haven't really seen before. Nick Yarris is a good storyteller, that's for sure.

I'm about 10 movies behind on my 50 books/50 movies challenge. I need some recommendations for movies that aren't terribly gruesome or gory. I like pretty much all genres! Recent movies I watched were Honeymoon, The Hallow, They Look Like People, Advantageous, The Search for General Tso. I realized now those are pretty much just horror movies and documentaries, but I'm open to everything. :)

Top Bottom