• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Watching Bloodline S2 at the moment. Enjoyed S1 immensely. Such a slow, delicious burn and Mendelsohn put on a fucking clinic.

But S2 has been mostly a snore-fest. We're up to ep7 or 8 so I'm going to finish it up, but if S1 was a 4.5/5 then s2 is more of a 2.5/5 (so far).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I will give the full list later, but Marco Polo Season 2, Back to the Future 1-3, Dreamcatcher, Lethal Weapon 1-4, and Shameless (U.S version) S1-4 are up.

On Demand

Banned
The shift from Winter to Summer fucked up the whole atmosphere. I never went back either.

So did changing the camera from RED to Arri Alexa. The RED camera was more sharp and up close. I don't know what kind of style it was but it felt like you were there. The lighting contributed to this too. All this gave it a unique feel. S2 and the rest changd all that. The cinematography difference is so drastic.

As for the show itself. I still watched it and thought it was pretty good, but definitely not up to S1 and S2 standards. I knew this was going to happen once they no longer used source material from the original show and went their own way.

So did changing the camera from RED to Arri Alexa. The RED camera was more sharp and up close. I don't know what kind of style it was but it felt like you were there. The lighting contributed to this too. All this gave it a unique feel. S2 and the rest changd all that. The cinematography difference is so drastic.

As for the show itself. I still watched it and thought it was pretty good, but definitely not up to S1 and S2 standards. I knew this was going to happen once they no longer used source material from the original show and went their own way.

I love that other people pay attention to this stuff. Cineaste Hi 5.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

41 on 41 (Documentary, Biographical)
A Decent Arrangement (Indie, Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Aftermath Season 1-2 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Amok (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Baba (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Back to the Future I-3 (SciFi)

Bad Boys II (Action)
Batman: The Movie (Action)
Beavis and Butt-head Do America (Comedy)
Between Season 2 (TV, Drama, SciFi, Netflix Original)
Beverly Hill Cop 1-2 (Action, Comedy)
Big Trouble in Little China (Comedy)
Bill Hicks: Revelations (Standup)

Blade 2 (Action, Fantasy)
Bright Night (Indie, Drama, LGBT)
Buddies (Indie, Comedy, Foreign)
By the People: The Election of Barack Obama (Documentary, Biographical)
Catwoman (Action)
Chauranga (Drama, Foreign)
Cheaper by the Dozen ('50, Comedy)

Cinderella Man (Drama, Sports)
Conflict (Documentary, Biographical)
Dancin': It's On (Drama, Romantic)
Daughters of Mother India (Documentary, Social)
Death Race 2-3 (Action)

Deep Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Defending Your Life (Romantic, Comedy)
Deliverance (Action, Thriller)
Difret (Drama, Foreign)
Dreamcatcher (SciFi, Horror)

Durarara X2 (TV, Anime)
Eastsiders Season 1-2 (TV, Comedy)
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Drama)
Family Fever (Drama, Comedy, Foreign)
Flicka 2 (Family)
Floating (Drama, LGBT, Foreign)

Follow the Funny (Standup, Foreign)
Gaming Show (In My Parents' Garage) Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (Musical)
Gladiator (Action)
Hairspray (Musical)

Hello, Dolly (Romantic, Comedy)
Hey Arnold! The Movie (Family)
Honey (Drama, Romantic)
I.D. (Drama, Foreign)
III - The Ritual (Thriller, Horror)

In the Valley of Elah (Drama)
Insomnia (Thriller)
Jackass: Number Two (Comedy)
Jim Jefferies: Freedumb (Standup, Netflix Original)
King Jack (Indie, Drama)

Lethal Weapon 1-4 (Action, Comedy)
Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World (Comedy)
Love Steaks (Comedy, Romantic, Foreign)
Lost in America (Dark Comedy)
Making the American Man (Documentary, Social)

Marcella Season 1 (TV, Drama, Crime, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Marco Polo Season 2 (TV, Action, Netflix Original)
Mean Girls (Comedy)
Modern Romance (Romantic, Comedy)
Mother (Comedy)

Mount Joy (Indie, Drama)
My Suicide (Indie, Dark Comedy)
Nevada Smith (Western)
Nick of Time (Thriller)
Phenomenon (Drama)

Ping Pong Playa (Comedy)
Raiders of the Lost Art Season 2 (TV, Documentary)
Rumor Has It (Romantic, Comedy)
Sam Kinison: Family Entertainment Hour (Standup)
Scary Movie (Comedy)
Scooby-Doo (Family)

Shaka Zulu (TV, Drama)
Shakespeare: The Legacy (Documentary, Biographical)
Stomp the Yard: Homecoming (Romantic, Drama)
Swordfish (Thriller)
The Future of Water (TV, Documentary)
The Irish Pub (TV, Food)

The Italian Job (Thriller)
The Longest Yard ('05, Comedy)
The Lovely Bones (Drama)
The Muse (Indie, Comedy)
The Painted Veil (Drama, Romantic)

The Presence (Indie, Horror, Supernatural)
The Rising Sun (Documentary)
Turner and Hooch (Family)
Twisted (Thriller)
Well Wishes (Indie, Drama)

Willie Barcena: The Truth Hurts (Standup)
Working Girl (Romantic, Comedy)
X: Past Is Present (Romantic, Drama)
Yours, Mine and Ours (Family)

Aiii

So not worth it
Out of all those Movies, Netflix decided to recommend Blade 2 to me. I need to change my viewing habbits, I think.

kuppy

Huh, well this is kind of a bummer. Netflix Germany requires you to always enter a pin in order to watch adult (18+) rated movies (e.g. Fight Club). There is no way to disable it (Help Center). So even though my profile is set to all maturity levels I can only go as high as Adult (16) under My Account - Parental Controls. Was previously mostly using US and CA Netflix so this just happened for the first time for me. To be fair though this is due to some German law, but still bugs me a bit.

Speaking of Netflix Germany. New in July is A Clockwork Orange, give that a watch if you are a fan of the old in-out.

Also, pretty dumb that I have to cancel my subscription in order to change the billing date. Oh well.

Is their anyway to bypass Netflix region protection, Netflix really started to suck since it officially came over here, can't even watch the latest 2 seasons of OITNB.

kuppy

Did you call their hotline? They changed my billing date once, although that was due to different reasons.
Okay, guess I could do that.
But I'll just cancel and resubscribe. Inbetween I can finally give that free Hulu Plus trial a shot, mainly watch Seinfeld.
Good to know for the future though, thanks.

RedAssedApe

Banned
tried watching flaked...man this is another one of those shows where its hard to like any of the characters...everyone seems like a selfish asshole lol

RedAssedApe

Banned
think its supposed to go into effect for people whenever their next billing cycle starts. my brother (who i'm mooching off of...heh) just renewed at 9.99 after being 7.99 for years

On Demand

Banned
I love that other people pay attention to this stuff. Cineaste Hi 5.

Yeah i'm into the whole film thing and how they're shot/work so i immediately notice things like that. Heh.

Would really prefer if they went back to the Red One camera.

Did the Netflix price increase happen yet? I'm still paying $7.99 it seems.

One more month.

I use a PS3 and when i load the app it lets me know about the change and it gives me the option to continue with the new price plan going into affect next billing cycle, stay at $7.99 in SD, or $11.99 for 4K.

Even cancel.

(which i was originally going to do but shows like House of Cards made me reconsider)

Zero315

Banned
First two seasons of Penny Dreadful were added. I wonder if they've worked out a deal with Showtime.

The first (and only) season of Limitless was added as well.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
First two seasons of Penny Dreadful were added. I wonder if they've worked out a deal with Showtime.

The first (and only) season of Limitless was added as well.

Awesome. I get to finally finish up the season. Another show I was watching before Netflix took away the regions.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Adrishya Season 1 (TV, Documentary, Social)
Black Hawk Down (Action)
Blue Bloods Season 6 (TV, Drama)
Crazy Ex Girlfriend Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
Criminal Minds Season 11 (TV, Drama)
Ghost Whisperer Season 1-5 (TV, Drama)
Happyish Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Drama)
Jane the Virgin Season 2 (TV, Comedy)
Limitless Season 1 (TV, Drama)
MacGyver Season 1-7 (TV, Action)
Penny Dreadful Season 1-2 (TV, Drama, Horror)
Spies Like Us (Comedy)
Tears of the Sun (Thriller)
The Dick Van Dyke Show Season 1-4 (TV, Comedy)

sfedai0

Banned
I tried Penny and Peaky Blinders and both were just too slow paced for me. On the other hand, I saw Limitless that Gk86 posted, and was totally surprised that it wasnt the movie but a series. Liked the first couple episodes and was pleasantly surprised to see Bardley Cooper in it too.

Amir0x

Banned
I tried Penny and Peaky Blinders and both were just too slow paced for me. On the other hand, I saw Limitless that Gk86 posted, and was totally surprised that it wasnt the movie but a series. Liked the first couple episodes and was pleasantly surprised to see Bardley Cooper in it too.

How far did you get into Peaky Blinders? Because... damn that show gets intense.

You're right to avoid Penny, because after the way the guy just ended the series, I never want to even think about that fool show again.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I think you should stick with Peaky Blinders. I never felt the show was slowed paced at all. There is a lot going on. And it gets so good towards the end of S1.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Beaver Trilogy Part IV (Documentary, Cultural)
Kuromukuro Season 1 (TV, Anime, Netflix Original)

Top Bottom