• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Beauty & the Beast Season 4 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
Call the Midwife Season 5 (TV, Drama)
Colliding Dreams (Documentary, Political)
Ekaant Season 1 (TV, Documentary, Social, Foreign)
Father Joseph (Documentary, Social)
Gotham Season 2 (TV, Drama)
New Girl Season 5 (TV, Comedy)
Sacrifice (Horror, Thriller)
The First Line (Indie, Drama)
Vintage Tomorrows (Documentary, Social)
Wedding Doll (Drama, Foreign)
Zootopia (Family)

I just finished supergirl. I enjoyed it. It picked up at some point. It's as good as flash/arrow imo. It's got that CW charm I've grown to enjoy.

Only problem is... just like flash/arrow, I now want more DC stuff to watch. I'll probably end up watching season 2 of gotham... but can anyone recommend anything else? I've already watched all the anime they have I think, like flash paradox timeline movie. I think I've watched all the recent batmans (I think 3 of them with his son).

I need flash season 2, arrow season 4 already. I've waited long enough for netflix to get them, even though I could have watched them another way.

tomtom94

This is very much where Netflix's "50% original content" makes itself known. There's a lot of original content on that list - movies and TV shows alike.

(Especially since, for the UK at least, there's bugger all else that immediately catches my eye).

Available 10/3/16

Dheepan (2015)

Available 10/4/16

Chevalier (2015)

Available 10/13/16

Mascots (2016) ­ NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Available 10/21/16

Black Mirror: Season 3 (Part 1) ­ NETFLIX ORIGINAL

----

Awesome month. Gonna be crazy with 31 Days of Horror but I'll try to sneak these in there.

In later seasons it stops being a procedural and focuses on the larger story arc.

I made it like halfway through 3 seasons and it was still boring to me.

I've watched a lot of shows on Netflix that most people don't like and made it through them all. Something about PoI though. Just couldn't grab me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bones Season 11 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Easy Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Lliza Shelesinger: Confirmed Kills (Standup, Netflix Original)
Last Man Standing Season 5 (TV, Comedy)
Person of Interest Season 5 (TV, Action)
Sunset Song (Drama)
The Call Up (Action, SciFi)
The Mysteries of Laura Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Drama)
VeggieTales in the House Season 4 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Wallander Season 4 (TV, Drama)

Karu

I petered out in S1 around ep 18. I have no idea why GAF is so excited about this show.
If you don't like it by then, don't bother. I think people who say it will be totally different later on are crazy. Sure the plot gets more complex, but the general vibe of the show, the characters stay pretty much the same and stand alone episodes never disappear.

moojito

Noticed yesterday that designated survivor had snuck onto netflix here in the UK. It wasn't even a big item at the top, just a wee entry in one of the random categories.

Anyway, excellent pilot, worth a watch.

Pluto

Noticed yesterday that designated survivor had snuck onto netflix here in the UK. It wasn't even a big item at the top, just a wee entry in one of the random categories.

Anyway, excellent pilot, worth a watch.
It's on Netflix Germany too, they haven't uploaded the pilot yet, only a trailer so far but it shouldn't take long.

Vuze

Is there any ETA as to when Netflix will update the promised series (Bloodline, Daredevil, etc) to HDR?
Their current line up is pretty small and I think about stepping down to the HD plan again until they offer more.

berzeli

Banned
It's on Netflix Germany too, they haven't uploaded the pilot yet, only a trailer so far but it shouldn't take long.
On Netflix Sweden too but no episode until the 28th which is weird.
Netflix Boards ‘Designated Survivor’ Outside North America
Hot on the heels of its North American premiere last night, Kiefer Sutherland starrer Designated Survivor has gone up on Netflix’s platform worldwide. Deadline has confirmed that the streaming giant has inked a deal for international rights to the series from the Mark Gordon Company and ABC Studios.
The delay in certain regions is due to subtitling. Nothing weird about it at all.

berzeli

Banned
I'm not complaining, and I rarely use subtitles. The translations in my country are terrible.

If I use subs I usually go for english.
Netflix Nordics are incompetent fuckwits so of course their subtitles suck.
But unfortunately they can't put up shows without subtitles, they would get inundated with complaints if they did.

I was just pointing out that it being up in the UK (they don't need to translate anything) and not up in Germany/Nordics/whatevs is to be expected. Not sure if they'll manage to catch up or if the delay will persist.

Netflix Boards ‘Designated Survivor’ Outside North America

The delay in certain regions is due to subtitling. Nothing weird about it at all.

Worldwide except in the US I guess? I don't see it. I think my wife saved the DVR of the pilot. She watched it last week and said it was decent but would be great to just stream it from Netflix instead of having it take up space on the DVR every week.

Edit - would also allow my eldest, who is away at college and was interested in watching it, to catch it as he can.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

1920 London (Thriller, Horror, Foreign)
Audrie & Daisy (Documentary, Social, Netflix Original)
Delirium (Comedy, Foreign)
Family Guy Season 14 (TV, Comedy)
Longmire Season 5 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Margaret Cho: Psycho (Standup)
Natural Born Pranksters (Comedy)
People Just Do Nothing Season 1-2 (TV, Comedy)
Portlandia Season 6 (TV, Comedy)
River (Thriller)

berzeli

Banned
Worldwide except in the US I guess? I don't see it. I think my wife saved the DVR of the pilot. She watched it last week and said it was decent but would be great to just stream it from Netflix instead of having it take up space on the DVR every week.
The title of the article is "Netflix Boards ‘Designated Survivor’ Outside North America". It will continue to air on ABC in the US, and I have no idea where/if episodes will be available to stream afterwards.
Subtitling has never caused a delay in other shows, there are tons of them that air within hours of the US date just fine.
It was a fairly late acquisition (i.e. not enough time to prep subtitles) if I understand it correctly. There really shouldn't be anything else holding it back.

tmdorsey

Is there any ETA as to when Netflix will update the promised series (Bloodline, Daredevil, etc) to HDR?
Their current line up is pretty small and I think about stepping down to the HD plan again until they offer more.

No word at all. They are pretty bad at communicating their new 4K and HDR offerings. I wouldn't step down though because all their original programming is delivered in 4k at the very least.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Supergirl just popped up in Netflix LatAm, so now besides last year's seasons only LoT is left of the DCW shows.

Great show. Have you gotten a chance to watch any?
Only the first season thus far, such a brilliant show.

Top Bottom