• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Defyler

Will have to catch Cabin in the Woods for a second time.

Enjoyed "Safe" tonight. Missing some of Statham's past gangster films though....

I've been having trouble with Netflix lately, some things won't come in at 1080p. I've been watching Louie and have no problems, but then I try to watch Captain America: The First Avenger or The Dead Zone and they max out at 720p. It has been like this for a week or so now.

Wag

I've been having trouble with Netflix lately, some things won't come in at 1080p. I've been watching Louie and have no problems, but then I try to watch Captain America: The First Avenger or The Dead Zone and they max out at 720p. It has been like this for a week or so now.

I don't know about Dead Zone but Capt America is 720p. Not all HD movies on Netflix are 1080p.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Airport (Classic, Thriller, Action)
Airport 1975 (Classic, Thriller, Action)

Heh, I love this series. The third one, Airport '77, was added this week too.

John Dies At the End is on there now; seems like there'd be some interest in that.

I don't know about Dead Zone but Capt America is 720p. Not all HD movies on Netflix are 1080p.
I feel stupid for not noticing the connection, they are both distributed by Paramount Pictures. Apparently everything available from Epix is 720p, I take it. What a load of crap.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Is there any site out there that will show you upcoming releases in the near future like say releases for the month in question? None of the links in the OP seem to have that.

BTW, probably mentioned already but Cabin In The Woods was released yesterday. Just got finished watching it.

abundant

Is there any site out there that will show you upcoming releases in the near future like say releases for the month in question? None of the links in the OP seem to have that.

That's because Netflix took down the database, so no one knows about the upcoming releases.

Netflix has decided to make changes to its Application Programming Interface (API). These changes include eliminating the database (called the OData catalog) that Streaming Soon uses to inform you of new and upcoming content on Netflix. You can read more about it here.
Sadly, this means the end of the line for Streaming Soon, unless Netflix reactivates this database. If you would like to send an e-mail to Netflix about this, please direct it to publicapi@netflix.com
Thank you for your support over the years. It has been a pleasure enhancing your Netflix experience.

Sincerely,
Andrew K.
admin, Streaming Soon

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Still impatiently waiting for the day that M*A*S*H goes up on Netflix. You'd think that with the big CBS deal Netflix made a while back, they'd have it by now. =/

jakncoke

Banned
Why does Netflix keep fucking things up more?

24344073.jpg

Carl Panzram:The Spirit of Hatred and Vengeance is also a good documentary

C4Lukins

Man, Mission Impossible 2 is really bad. I gave it another shot, but there is nothing redeeming about that film, outside of maybe Cruise free climbing crazy ass rock faces. I really like the rest of that franchise but that is just a terrible movie.

Kaladin

I'm still watching Hemlock Grove, man this series is slow moving. It's good enough that I'm going to stick with it though so we'll see if anything comes of it.

I'm still watching Hemlock Grove, man this series is slow moving. It's good enough that I'm going to stick with it though so we'll see if anything comes of it.

I found it boring. I did watch the whole season though and thought the second half was much better than the first half.

C4Lukins

I gave up after 5 minutes. Someone cutting themselves during sex, I could not imagine that the series was going somewhere that I wanted to go. There is a fine line between horror and simply being off putting.

I had no idea there were so many Hellraiser movies.
I've always seen them at the video store over the years. The first one isn't a terrible movie, either. Not good, but it leaves you thinking "this is an interesting premise". Then there's Children of the Corn, which was terrible from beginning to end. Somehow that has around 5 sequels as well, and I just don't know who the hell wanted to watch more than the one.

Kaladin

I think most of us would file Hemlock Grove under, "nice try, but there is a reason some of these series aren't on television".

sn00zer

John Dies at the End was really entertaining, but saying the story was a complete mess is an understatement
John's death actually occurs halfway through the movie, so the title doesnt even make sense

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I've noticed weird stuff in the last few weeks on the US Netflix. Maybe it's just something I finally picked up on.

On Tremors, they show a FBI anti-piracy warning. It's the only one I've ever seen. :p

I started to watch The Peacemaker last night. Luckily I had seen it before because there were no subtitles at all for the Russian scenes. I tried to turn on subtitles via remote and all the titles said were "Russians speaking", "Russian continues", or "Russian yells". I found that kind of funny. Kind of pissed me off too.

Are there any other movies without hardcoded subtitles? This was on the PS3 btw.

I watched one of Steven Seagal's DTV movies. (Into the Sun. Lol at that title.) It was set in Japan, with a lot of scenes entirely in Japanese, none subtitled.
It's pretty awful, though, even for Seagal.

Ha. Got some good laughs out of John Dies at the End. I didn't particularly like the ending, but I had a lot of fun with it overall. It had a really fun kind of dark humor like Return of the Living dead or something like that. Glad I watched it.

Bread

Banned
John Dies at the End was really entertaining, but saying the story was a complete mess is an understatement
John's death actually occurs halfway through the movie, so the title doesnt even make sense
everyone needs to watch it. yes the story is a mess, but the book it's based on was so batshit insane and awesome, there's no way it could have been adapted well.

also, watch it and buy the book because david wong has a gaf account and we must support our own

sn00zer

everyone needs to watch it. yes the story is a mess, but the book it's based on was so batshit insane and awesome, there's no way it could have been adapted well.

also, watch it and buy the book because david wong has a gaf account and we must support our own

kind of reminded me of Rubber... I have no idea whats going on, but I like what im watching

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Wait, they got Remo Williams? Yesssssssssssss.

Alphahawk

"Worried." They didnt care when it was going down, and they don't care that most went back up.

Eh, a lot of people were worried. I don't think any actually bothered looking at what was expiring though. If they did they would realize it was some of the worst of the worst.

I think most of us would file Hemlock Grove under, "nice try, but there is a reason some of these series aren't on television".

It was not the best series I have watched. My problem with it was the speed of how the story progressed. There was a series of episodes where nothing happened. Nothing at all. When the story actually advanced it was not bad.
I actually liked the white wolf girl
, even though you could see that coming from a mile away.

I'm still not sure if I'd watch a season two. I probably would but, if this was a weekly series no way in hell would I keep up with it.

Kaladin

It was not the best series I have watched. My problem with it was the speed of how the story progressed. There was a series of episodes where nothing happened. Nothing at all. When the story actually advanced it was not bad.
I actually liked the white wolf girl
, even though you could see that coming from a mile away.

I'm still not sure if I'd watch a season two. I probably would but, if this was a weekly series no way in hell would I keep up with it.

If this was a weekly series it would have been canceled mid season.

Bread

Banned
re: john dies at the end

gotta repost this for a new page, watch this ridiculous movie everyone.

it has a dick door.

sol_bad

Does Netflix get new episodes of TV shows on a weekly basis like Hulu does?
Hulu and Netflix are all very new to me.

Found out yesterday tt Netflix (UK) have added a ton of Disney stuff over the past couple of days.

My GF watched the Aristocats (in HD), but we also saw both Rescuers movies, Wall.E, Ratatouille, The Tigger Movie, Dumbo... erm... and a few others that escape me.

Sidenote, Lovefilm has Innerspace in HD! I needs a blu ray release!

Huh, using Netflix on PS3 it now shows the version number and stuff when I press the select button instead of the usual information. The loading screen was different too.

Jimothy

Watched the doc Girl Model last night and enjoyed it. Felt like it could have been way better if they just focused on the actual girl model, not the incredibly uninteresting talent scout tho. These scenes in Japan reminded me a lot of Lost in Translation.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Huh, using Netflix on PS3 it now shows the version number and stuff when I press the select button instead of the usual information. The loading screen was different too.
I've had a lot of weird issues with Netflix lately that only seem to show up when I load it on my ps3.

Anyone have any idea about when the next season of Breaking bad will be up? Or Walking Dead? Probably have a long wait for Walking Dead :/

Top Bottom