• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Aiii

So not worth it
Been rewatching the 90s mini-series The Stand, based on my favorite Stephen King novel. It's a 90's miniseries, so don't expect Game of Thrones levels of production value and do expect some cheesy acting and dialogue, but it holds up very well, considering. Of course it misses alot of the nuances out of the 1000+ pages book, but it does capture the spirit really well.

M-O-O-N, that spells you should watch this.

Been rewatching the 90s mini-series The Stand, based on my favorite Stephen King novel. It's a 90's miniseries, so don't expect Game of Thrones levels of production value and do expect some cheesy acting and dialogue, but it holds up very well, considering. Of course it misses alot of the nuances out of the 1000+ pages book, but it does capture the spirit really well.

M-O-O-N, that spells you should watch this.

Just finished watching it yesterday. Remember watching it as a kid back int he 90s and thinking it was class. It's still class once you get over the dated TV presentation, and the amount of 'famous' faces in it is amazing.

I wouldn't be against it having a remake, or at least just a retouch to get over some of those cheap looking shots that are simply just 90s TV production crews.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just finished watching it yesterday. Remember watching it as a kid back int he 90s and thinking it was class. It's still class once you get over the dated TV presentation, and the amount of 'famous' faces in it is amazing.

I wouldn't be against it having a remake, or at least just a retouch to get over some of those cheap looking shots that are simply just 90s TV production crews.

It's getting a movie adaptation, Ben Affleck is attached as director. But last I heard they were still working on the script, so it's a few years off.

I should finish up Hemlock Grove but after like 4-5 eps its as interesting as getting crabs
I stopped after like episode 3. I thought that transformation scene was ridiculous and that other main characters acting was really bad to me..................maybe I'll go back

Kaladin

It's really good, similar style and tone to No Reservations.

Which makes me wonder why he decided to end No Reservations in the first place...

The Travel Channel did a few things he didn't like. For one, they use his likeness in some car commercial without permission to promote the car and that was actually against his contract. there have also been some paradigm shifts in how they do things lately which I didn't like either.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I saw "The Gift" was there last night. I remember the movie fondly, but maybe it was for a naked Katie Holmes.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

American Dad Season 7 (TV, Animation, Comedy)
Bob's Burgers Season 2 (TV, Animation, Comedy)
Brooklyn Castle (Documentary, Social)
Hit & Run (Comedy)
Kiss Me (Drama)
Lagaan (Musical, Bollywood)
The Mark 2: Redemption (Action, Thriller)
Muay Thai Warrior (Martial Arts, Foreign)
Taare Zameen Par (Drama, Bollywood)
Waiting for Lightning (Documentary, Sports)

MV5BMTUzNTU1NzQ2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDUzNjk4Nw@@._V1_SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

its a good time travel show

Akahige

Added today:

Hit & Run (Comedy)
Kiss Me (Drama)
fuck yeah time for a rewatch

Kaladin

I started watching Arrested Development last night. I saw some of it as it aired, but I don't remember what.....and Gaf uses so much of it in Gifs I don't know what I'm remembering from watching it before or from Gifs. It's been long enough since I've seen it that I'm due for a rewatch.

For some reason I never watched Battlestar: Galactica the first time around on SyFy (hate that name). I've started watching it now and it's really good. I'm only about 10 episodes in but, I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with it for the long haul.

I never watched Arrested Development either. I plan on changing that though.

Futureman

I swear someone said there was an animated Dr. Strangelove on Netflix... am I just stupid and not seeing it, just stupid and I imagined that, or just stoopid?

Wonder if they ever going to get TimeTrax. That show was awesome!
cast.jpg

Yup! Darien was the guy's name. Liked it because he shared the name with the Tuxedo Mask character :p

I'm a sucker for Time Travel related programs (Journeyman was also awesome) and this was no exception.

Added today:

Hit & Run (Comedy)
Kiss Me (Drama)

This is one of my favorite movies...watched it for a music class I had once. It's like Mighty Ducks with Cricket and songs.

That would be fantastic. I've been saying you should be able to shuffle specific shows, as well. For example, I could start up Star Trek: The Next Generation and set it to "shuffle" so that it would play random episodes. Presently, you can either pick and choose after each episode or you can let them "auto-play" in chronological order. It's weak.

This would be amazing, as I can watch just about any episode of TNG at any given time and still love it.

D23

saw Halo 4: forward unto dawn, it was surprisingly good, especially the second part of the movie. I really like the visual effects, make me wish they would make a full Halo film.

D23

I've been watching this show called Continuum, a show about time travel.. its actually pretty good and the lead female character reminds me of my Female Shepherd from Mass Effect lol

. its a serialized drama which i like too, u guys should check it out if u like sci-fi show

I've been watching this show called Continuum, a show about time travel.. its actually pretty good and the lead female character reminds me of my Female Shepherd from Mass Effect lol

. its a serialized drama which i like too, u guys should check it out if u like sci-fi show

Rachel Nichols as City Protective Services (CPS) Protector Kiera Cameron, a law enforcement agent from 2077-era Vancouver who was sent back into the past with the members of Liber8 during their escape attempt at their execution. Cut off from from her time period, she joins the Vancouver Police Department to pursue Liber8 and thwart their plans to alter the timeline using her new position in the police department and technology she brought with her.

uhhhhh SOLD. thanks :)

Kill List is online. Great British horror/thriller. Watch it!

This one was a really good, intelligent horror thriller. Not the most uplifting movie, but it certainly held my interest. I recall there being some pretty brutal moments.

Oh, and the scariest moment without a doubt
was when those freaky dudes in masks chased the main characters down thos narrow as hell tunnels. I got immediate Demon's Souls vibe from that bit. So Good!

Top Bottom