• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Wag

Neat- have to check out some of the other regions. Is 127 Hours any good or is the movie a major downer?

I watched Hit & Run today and that was a pretty fun flick. Lots of big names in it for a small budget indie flick.

Neat- have to check out some of the other regions. Is 127 Hours any good or is the movie a major downer?

I was kind of afraid to watch it for that reason, but I didn't find it to be a downer. It was an incredibly intense movie. You couldn't help but imagine yourself in that situation while watching. Horrifying and stressful maybe, but it didn't depress me.

braves01

Banned

I watched Hit & Run today and that was a pretty fun flick. Lots of big names in it for a small budget indie flick.

Get high for it if you can.

So I just watched the first episode of Continuum.

Wow, what a pilot!

Interesting premise to the say least. Not sure how it'll pan out over the long term, and latter episodes certainly won't have the budget of the first, but off to a good start.

Might make a LTTP thread (though I suppose I'm not that late if it just premiered in the U.S. in January). Surprised I never heard of it before randomly seeing it pop up under suggestions, though I don't watch too much currently running TV at the moment besides Mad Men.

im going to start continuum after i finish house of cards. seems interesting.

house of cards is very good. for some reason i had delayed watching it due to the premise, but i was sucked in after the first episode. spacey is awesome.

Kaladin

im going to start continuum after i finish house of cards. seems interesting.

house of cards is very good. for some reason i had delayed watching it due to the premise, but i was sucked in after the first episode. spacey is awesome.

I saw the pilot for Continuum as it aired on SyFy, it seemed interesting. It aired when I cut cable though so I didn't continue with it then. I need to start that one up also.

jakncoke

Banned
Dark Matters: Twisted but True is a pretty interesting show. Discusses 3 stories per episode. One was the theft of Einstein brain, another Phildelphia Experiment..ect

Kaladin

I just started season 9 of Futurama, is it only in 4:3? I know other seasons were in widescreen.

Episode 1 is in 4:3, the rest are widescreen. I asked the same question when I started.

Pro-tip: pay attention to the recommendations when you finish the last episode, hilarious.

braves01

Banned
I finished watching Scream 1-4 yesterday, Scream was great (especially meta though since I'd only ever seen Scary Movie). I recommend it to everyone. Scream 2 was okay but ended on a flat note. By Scream 3, the formula is really stale. Don't watch it. Scream 4 is only for people who hate themselves or like Julia Roberts' niece.

senahorse

GAF, what's the best player for Netflix? Currently using my PS3, but I want something that's capable of switching between 24/30/60hz which the PS3 doesn't allow.

Kaladin

I tried to watch Lexx last night for the first time.....the effects just don't hold up.

I might give it another shot but I doubt I will stick to it.

tj hazuki

What have you watched? What are you looking for?

I'm looking for anything really, more so on the TV side of the things.
Dont say Walking Dead/Breaking Bad. Already caught up on Breaking Bad and am looking to watch Walking Dead in the summer later.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Ah damn. I see South Park is on the way out, on may 29th. =S
I may be behind on the news — is it REALLY going this time? In the past I've seen it get labeled with an expiration date but then it never went anywhere. That was a long time ago, though.

GeeDuhb

Anyone having a problem getting the new update on their PS3? I have done everything including deleting and reinstalling, but nodice...

Number45

Anyone having a problem getting the new update on their PS3? I have done everything including deleting and reinstalling, but nodice...
Is it not downloading at all? Mine downloaded automatically overnight (PS+) and installed fine - but the night before I couldn't get it to work for anything. Sent a tweet to Netflix UK but looking at their timeline loads of people were having the problem so perhaps it's playing up again?

I'm looking for a new animated show now that I've finished watching the Boondocks.

Archer looks interesting and it appears to have the guy from Bob's Burgers doing the VA. Anyone recommend it or any other animated shows? I've watched both Justice Leagues, Batman Beyond.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm looking for a new animated show now that I've finished watching the Boondocks.

Archer looks interesting and it appears to have the guy from Bob's Burgers doing the VA. Anyone recommend it or any other animated shows? I've watched both Justice Leagues, Batman Beyond.

Watch Archer yeah

I may be behind on the news — is it REALLY going this time? In the past I've seen it get labeled with an expiration date but then it never went anywhere. That was a long time ago, though.

Never really is known for sure, but you can see south park on the official website anyway.

Playback on my PS3 has been crap since the new update. I can't even make it through an episode of Battlestar: Galactica without it freezing and giving me the error "Unable to play this selection at this time."

Just to be sure it's only related to the PS3 app, I've watched Netflix on all of my other devices without issue.

fenners

So I just watched the first episode of Continuum.

Wow, what a pilot!

Interesting premise to the say least. Not sure how it'll pan out over the long term, and latter episodes certainly won't have the budget of the first, but off to a good start.

Yeah, we watched it last night & really enjoyed it, sucked my wife in enough to stop playing Candy Crush & watch it, which is rare ;)

On a whim wanting to watch something different, Tucker and Dale vs. Evil caught my eye. Seeing it got rave reviews, and I haven't watched a good horro-comedy in a while, I indulged. Was not at all disappointed. Hilarious in its deconstruction of the killer hillbilly trope, surprisingly sentimental, and just enough gore. Fantastic movie, highly recommend it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bridezillas: Season 9 (TV, Reality)
Dragon (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)
Handy Manny (TV, Kids, Cartoons)
JoJo's Circus (TV, Kids, Cartoons)
Longmire (TV, Drama, Crime)
Special Agent Oso (TV, Kids, Cartoons)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just a reminder, expiring May 22nd:

• Ahh Real Monsters
  • The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron
  • All Grown Up (Rugrats)
  • Angry Beavers
  • Back at the Barnyard
  • The Backyardigans
  • Basketball Wives
  • Beavis and Butt-head
  • Blues Clues
  • Chappelle's Show
  • Danny Phantom
  • Deadliest Warrior
  • Dora the Explorer
  • Drake & Josh
  • Drawn Together
  • The Fairly OddParents
  • The Fresh Beat Band
  • Go Diego Go
  • The Hard Times of RJ Berger
  • Hey Arnold!
  • The Hills
  • iCarly
  • Invader Zim
  • The Jeff Dunham Show
  • Jersey Shore
  • Kenny vs. Spenny
  • Laguna Beach
  • MANswers
  • Mighty B
  • Mob Wives
  • The Naked Brothers Band
  • Nick Swardson's Pretend Time
  • Ren and Stimpy
  • Ren & Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon
  • Reno 911
  • Roast of...Bob Saget, Charlie Sheen, David Hasselhoff, Flavor Flav, Roseanne, William Shatner
  • Rocko's Modern Life
  • Rugrats
  • Russell Brand in NYC
  • The Sarah Silverman Program
  • Shorties Watchin' Shorties
  • Skins (U.S.)
  • SpongeBob SquarePants
  • Teen Mom
  • Ugly Americans
  • Viva La Bam
  • Wildboyz
  • Workaholics
  • Yo Gabba Gabba!

GeeDuhb

Is it not downloading at all? Mine downloaded automatically overnight (PS+) and installed fine - but the night before I couldn't get it to work for anything. Sent a tweet to Netflix UK but looking at their timeline loads of people were having the problem so perhaps it's playing up again?

Hmmmmm, no every time I delete it and DL again, it gets the old version (2.13). I also have Plus and was expecting it to auto update but it never happened...I guess I'll just have to wait it out

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Complete Superman Collection (May 24th)
Monsieur N. (May26th)

Expiring June 1st:

About Mrs. Leslie
Arizona Bushwackers
Bandit King of Texas
Come Blow Your Horn
Don't Give Up the Ship
The Dove
Fire with Fire
Flying Tigers
The Girl on the Bridge
Hostile Guns